What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tricks to clone pole weed.

I’m vegging some Sugar Black Rose and it appears to be heavy indica pole weed with super short branches.
I usually cut the bottoms off of my plants to clone and then repot and flip them.
The slips would be 1/2” long. help!

you could try air layering,

cut a camera film cylinder in half long ways and drill a hole in the top and bottom or drill a hole through the center of an easter egg through the midsection.

use a very sharp preferably grafting knife to remove the green layer of skin around the part of the stem on the plant you want to clone.

pack the inside of the easter egg or film canister with wet medium and secure it around the prepared branch and keep moist

seal with tape and wait for the branch to root before cutting from the mother plant

this method ensures rooting before it is removed from the mother plant

it may help to check moisture levels inside the propagation vector and to use a rooting stimulator like roots excel gold (i emailed them and they said roots excel gold is organic)

good luck cloning your hard to clone plant, sometimes they can be the best

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you could try air layering,

cut a camera film cylinder in half long ways and drill a hole in the top and bottom or drill a hole through the center of an easter egg through the midsection.

use a very sharp preferably grafting knife to remove the green layer of skin around the part of the stem on the plant you want to clone.

pack the inside of the easter egg or film canister with wet medium and secure it around the prepared branch and keep moist

seal with tape and wait for the branch to root before cutting from the mother plant

this method ensures rooting before it is removed from the mother plant

it may help to check moisture levels inside the propagation vector and to use a rooting stimulator like roots excel gold (i emailed them and they said roots excel gold is organic)

good luck cloning your hard to clone plant, sometimes they can be the best

Hey said he has no branches to work with. I think, topping and trying to make a bush of it is the only way.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veg with vertical lighting. Can even use just regular spiral CFL's in combo with and HID or T5/T8 bulbs. It will work and work well. If you want more details or spec's on what I use, shoot me a pm.

Hookahhead

You don't even need to top the plant, just bend it. The very tip of the plant produces auxin, and therefore has "apical dominance" which inhibits lateral growth. By removing the top , or just bending it below the lateral buds, you shift the dominance.

Latest posts

Latest posts