What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how quickly do amber trichomes disappear?

Sun-Light

it appears to me 5 images of diff buds one day, the next day 5 images of various buds had significantly fewer amber trichomes. i probably did NOT take images of the same bud day to day. all the images first day could see about 25-30% amber. the next day images show 10-20% amber. it seem unlikely the random 5 the next day could not pick up as much amber as the previous day but possible. can amber disappear in 24 hours?

i've read a few posts on which strain and which kind of buzz you want also determines the trichomes' tint you want.

thank you for any input!

first day

9k=

next day

Z

clearheaded

the whole plant doesnt mature at once, dif plants will mature differently aswell depending on "micro enviro" if u will closer to light more wind etc. I did not look at your photos but amber trichs dont disappear or turn clear again they may fall off or dry up and get ~1/3 the size to be harder to see. but chances are you are just looking a different part of the bud. remember new growth will put out new clear trichs aswell so very top tips of new bud growth and bottom buds will have more clear or milky.

dunno what your going for but prob good to harvest whenever ;)

good luck!

Klompen

Yeah if you're looking at the same spot and there's less amber trichs, that means they are falling off. How roughly are you handling the plants when you inspect them? How hard is the fan blowing on them?

White Beard

Falling off? That would seem to indicate a metabolic shift associated with the ambering...is it possible that amber trichomes signal the plant’s shift into a final hermaphroditic effort to make seed?

Just wondering out loud...

caliprop215

Veteran
U called yourself out... U didn't take the exact same picture of the exact same nug.i e. Put a nug down and a camera on the tripod .don't move anything . Take pics over 1 day to a year....time doesn't matter... Then test this theory.

Odds are u taking pics of the middle nuggets not the tops like u did in first pic hence the second lower nugs are less mature. As clear-headed said.

Latest posts

Latest posts