What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Impromptu Outdoor 2015 - Nothing Like Last Minute

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking nice, what did u plant as a cover crop? looks like clover?
show is about to start for outdoor..... exciting

gorilla ganja

Filled that container in just in time for flower. Nice healthy looking plant's. Good work with the last minute thing. Worked out well.
Peace GG

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Looking proper, props!

Thanks for stopping in :yes:

Curious how much growth you've had in five days!!

They've been getting after it for sure but one important thing to remember is that the photo on 8/6 and the following one on 8/10 were taken from different angles at the garden site. It's on a hill and I cut a terrace out for the pallet to rest even on so I think it's making things look different as it were. In any case I've been doing foliars at least twice a week of emulsified neem oil, protekt silica, and kelp extract. I was doing it to hopefully deter grasshoppers (don't think it's doing much for them) but they plants have been really loving it too. Thanks for the stopping in :tiphat:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The plants were starting to grow and creep through the half ass perimeter fencing so I did the round 2 of training them and made individual cages out of that material and had just enough for 4 cages (I bought a used roll off craigslist). The middle glue got the shit end of the stick and will have to just rely on the other cages to flop onto as needed but I'm sure it will stay smaller for having less light anyways.

Bhodi tester #2 before any training

picture.php

Pallet before any training

picture.php

Underskirt before trimming up

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
After trimming

picture.php

Cages. You can't buy this shit, it's custom. Screwed into the wood frame, not going anywhere. :laughing:

picture.php

picture.php

I passed on a bunch of cuts to strangers I haven't met yet through a mutual friend. There was a shit ton and I couldn't just throw them away. (Don't ask me for any haha)

:tiphat:

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Just run across yer outdoor thread here... lookin good.
I like the DIY smarty bed.

Thanks for stopping in :yes:

Everything has been going along just fine. No deficiencies or nute burns to speak of. I have been doing foliars once or twice a week as time permits. The only hiccup in question has been grasshoppers but it hasn't been a big enough deal that I've been too worried. I just ordered some of that stuff you mentioned in Mile's thread too to take care of them. I keep hoping that they are going to naturally fade away as the season wears on though. I didn't realize how Metal grasshoppers are though either until this season. They will not only eat leaves but chomp whole stems apart no problem, almost out of spite it seems. They have good vision too as they will spin around a stem or branch to stay more out of sight from you. And they apparently are cannibals? Metal.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Derp! I only realized that it has an 8 week shelf life after I bought it. I guess I'm gonna make it rain pellets and be done with it. Re-up next season.

S

SooperSmurph

I really wish I could do some outdoor but i'd have teenagers hopping the fence every other day, lookin good Who.

Buddle

Veteran
Looking good. It looks as though you made the right sized bed as well...for the outside girls anyway..theres nothing more satisfying than being able to store away a winters worth of weed among the other advantages a good haqrvest can bring.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Looking good. It looks as though you made the right sized bed as well...for the outside girls anyway..theres nothing more satisfying than being able to store away a winters worth of weed among the other advantages a good haqrvest can bring.

Thanks for stopping in. It's right at 100 gallons of soil. I already plan on slapping some 2x4s around the top perimeter and dumping more soil in there til it's flush with the top. I'll only run one plant in there as well and stick it outside at the beginning of May. I want to run a monster plant like the others I keep seeing on here. :yes:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good! Should get better airflow. I don't do much pruning, just what i have to. I'll get more popcorn buds though. Looking forward to the big monster next year! :smoke: