What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Malawi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much Terpene for the updates, i'm glad to know you finished with success the Purple Haze Malawi ride :)

And thanks also to you Phrenos, i had the pleasure to try your flowers and i loved her clean effect and old school rancid, woody, blackcurrant purple haze aromas ;)

rolandomota

Veteran
heads up everyone purple haze Malawi regulars are at the ace shop they are my first order ever! I hope all goes well and i will be stocking up on some more ace sativas in the near future. i will do these with pure Malawi. I hope the Malawi kicks my ass cuz i been begging for an ass whoopin from weed for a long time. and i will finally get me some purple haze tasting buds. im so exited.

Phrenos

Thank you very much Terpene for the updates, i'm glad to know you finished with success the Purple Haze Malawi ride :)

And thanks also to you Phrenos, i had the pleasure to try your flowers and i loved her clean effect and old school rancid, woody, blackcurrant purple haze aromas ;)

A pleasure that you liked the flowers :) It is a great sativa hybrid, with a big production and quality, thanks for sharing your time at Spannabis.

Best wishes with the new regular batch and new hybrids!

that looks killer phrenos! id love to try those buds but being all the way over her in CA leaves me a lil outta luck without growing my own. i woulda picked these beans up when i made my order but they were sold out :( spannabis is on my list of cups to be hitting for sure

rolandomota

Veteran
i wonder what will happen if you take some pure purple haze pollen and cross it to some of this stuff regular and feminized.....or some pure malwi or feminized malawi. only one way to find out and that's doing it myself. man im so happy i finally came to ace for the purple haze and found the malawi and golden tiger as these are going to be my grows for next year they sound exactly like what i have been looking for..... ripp your head of devastating high yielding power sativas.:dance013:

Rakosnicek

Veteran
Hi, here's my purple haze x malawi fem, grown in soil, +- 6l, bio, 400w hps

the first is faster pheno, i think it's more on malawi side, but i haven't grow her yet so i can only think :D
flowering time was +- 100 days, bouquet before harvest was very spicy, hazy and not sweet at all, but after curing some decent fresh sweet fruity aroma appeared
taste is spicy and smooth, but with little 'burned leaf' taste in it
high is clear and happy, great daytime smoke

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Rakosnicek

Veteran
and the second one, harvested little unripe in day 110 12/12, because of accident with one zamaldelica hermie :D

she has very light floral and hazy smell, taste is not good when smoked, so i only vape it :D
high is very clear, but in my eyes, faster pheno is much better in almost everything

day 90
picture.php

day 110
picture.php

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi, here's my purple haze x malawi fem, grown in soil, +- 6l, bio, 400w hps

the first is faster pheno, i think it's more on malawi side, but i haven't grow her yet so i can only think :D
flowering time was +- 100 days, bouquet before harvest was very spicy, hazy and not sweet at all, but after curing some decent fresh sweet fruity aroma appeared
taste is spicy and smooth, but with little 'burned leaf' taste in it
high is clear and happy, great daytime smoke

Beautiful indoor sativas Rakosnicek :tiphat: Well done!

Purple Haze Malawi effect is very clear, mental and motivating as you experienced, more on the Haze side .... surprisingly the Malawi influence doesn't make the effect heavy or very physical.

The flowers of your first plant have undoubtedly more malawi influence (denser, more resinous and faster maturing), while the second is more hazy.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

B

blue_tick

terpen very nice grow and show love the purple haze x Malawi. you raised my curiosity with the only happy frog medium. so with just happy frog all you do is water. I grow out side and was looking for such a medium instead of needing to mix in nutrients and then have to haul it in. so do you think that they would do good like this or would I need to amend the happy frog. I also have purple haze x Malawi reg. with bangi haze, Malawi. any info would be thankful

B

bringyalungs

are you sure it's reg? where you get those at... only seen fems online

B

blue_tick

mesosphere I got them last year when they put them up as limited edition.i think it was around july they didn't last so long. I need to take one of the males to make more so I have a fresh supply of them. I just love them

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
terpen very nice grow and show love the purple haze x Malawi. you raised my curiosity with the only happy frog medium. so with just happy frog all you do is water. I grow out side and was looking for such a medium instead of needing to mix in nutrients and then have to haul it in. so do you think that they would do good like this or would I need to amend the happy frog. I also have purple haze x Malawi reg. with bangi haze, Malawi. any info would be thankful

Way back when I started growing, I used to do all the organic nutrients in coco, but its too much work and I feel like its easier to let "mother nature" do her thing under leds / cfls.

I love happy frog, its my go-to soil for a set it and forget it baseline. I've recently tried a few new combos - miracle grow potting soil / chicken manure & roots organics 707. The 3 parts miracle grow 1 part chicken manure recipe works pretty well, though can have burn / ph issues. Roots 707 is much more fluffy and suited to indoor growing. Im sure if you could keep it wet outdoors it would work very well.

Malawi is a huge plant, anything with malawi in it will love a large container. Have fun!:biggrin:

Last edited:
B

blue_tick

thanks terpen for taken the time and getting back with me. I do like what I have. I was looking for something a little simpler than what I have ( getting old ) I will give your mix a run and see how it goes. thanks again

MountZionCollec

On the ace website it says indoor flowering of 13-16 weeks and outdoor it is ready in Novemeber.

Is that the case on all the new ones? Looking at people's flowering times in this thread and some are going way longer.

Last edited:

MountZionCollec

Found my answer in another thread

Hi flboy,

Thanks for your kind words :)

Your purple haze malawis will reach flowering stage well developed and with enough age so i think the flowering won't be delayed too much, should finish in the second half of November, early December at the latest.

Best wishes!

Terpene

Veteran
The Purple Haze Malawi x Napalm (destroyer x fire og) was getting very root bound in a 18L container. I transplanted her into a 40L and tossed her into flower:

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
My half assed SoCal haze redux Purple Haze Malawi x Napalm has been stacking on the stem size under the CFLs over the last week and a half.

picture.php

Hopefully you're right and she gets really big (2m tall) like her purple haze malawi momma:
picture.php