What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUNT_69 building a SWC + Drip Hydro (for all you cab growers)

Ryu

trimming?

trimming?

Did you do the trimming thread yet, or did I invent that somewhere?

Cheers

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Trimming... thread...no. Prunning yes. I have documented my methods on most of the grows.

bmwboy713

33572DSCN1543-thumb.JPG
33572DSCN1554-thumb.JPG
i have this system salso just much larger. it is the only system that can get into the 3 lb a light territroy

rr14

bmwboy713 said:
33572DSCN1543-thumb.JPG
33572DSCN1554-thumb.JPG
i have this system salso just much larger. it is the only system that can get into the 3 lb a light territroy

not to get off topic, but awesome setup. Do you have some description or a build thread on that one?(or something just like it)

bmwboy713

i could post more pictures but it was too difficult to take step by step photos it was a large task just to get it done.

Blunt_69

Veteran
i have this system also just much larger. it is the only system that can get into the 3 lb a light territroy

Really, well do post it up. I for one would like to see it....

I disagree with your statement it is the only system that can get you into the 3lb territory, as it is your enviroment that has more impact on overall yeild.

Any of the Hydro systems will take you into the 3 lb per 1k once you have everything tweaked up right.

bmwboy713

i completely agree with the environmental settings for yeild. i see so many people looking for special formulas, adding more light w/o adding more co2 or vice versa. If you go up on one, you have to go up on everything. Air to root, more lighting, more cooling, high co2, high ppm, and more micro nutrients. Pruning or the correct amount of training and veg per strain etc. factor in space management. so many people are looking for that one special thing that will increase yeild, it doesn't exist. All of them must be right to see noticeable improvment!

750 gph, but the drippers and manifold slows down the water flow a lot. i would say the bucket exchanges water in 5-10 minutes, i keep the water line very low, with the amount of air the regerenative blower puts out the water bursts all over the roots, and the dripper recirculates and feeds

Blunt_69

Veteran
Not sure on my gph but its a larger utility pump. the drippers dont really drip, more of a high flow stream comes outta those feeder lines!!

here is some of what im pulling outta this baby these days..

9118snowy7658.jpg

9118holy325a.jpg

9118YEAHBABY390827.jpg

9118yeah453221.jpg

9118FATCOLA.jpg

triacs238095.jpg

Last edited:

skalleluiakid

Great Giant Buds Batman!

Great Giant Buds Batman!

9118YEAHBABY390827.jpg

9118FATCOLA.jpg

These are huge. Mucho Props on these sexy ladies. Let me know if you need any help. I'll be more than happy to lend a lung :rasta:

G

greenhornets

ur my new hero. man did you get those bud that large from ur feeding schedule ,if so what is it??? please.

M

moses224

How does a completely enclosed, recirculating, zero water changes SWC system sound?? read on.This is the second morph of my self built Hydro system. It works.

9118SWC_drip_jpeg_1.gif

Most recirculating Hydro systems are bulky, making them difficult to taylor into a small room. Not to say I havent seen some ingenious feats around here!! My system is an easy hydro build that maximizes space in any room.

I wanted very much to run the krusty bucket(OG) or BIG TOKES Bio bucket system(ICMAG) that have been raved about when i first got started indoors.
Due to space and stealth factors I decided to design a system incorperating multiple designs into a compact, cheap hydro system 100% self built.

The system acts as a typical DWC system would by supplying the plants O2 through airstones.Instead of buckets im using 49 liter trays(2 plants per tray) + volume of the 6 inch pots. The system is top fed in intervals from the rez to feeder lines causing water levels to rise in the trays.This acheives a constant water level to the plants, as well recirculates the system when the overflow point is reached.Once reaching the overflow hose, the solution is returned via waterfall efect back into Rez.

a shot of the magic tray system. you can see how everything functions from this shot......but I know, y'all want more details eh???

The beauty of this system is it provides massive volume for root growth in both axis.My tallest plant grew to 6 feet. The system uses gravity and a pump to recirculate.That angled line comming out of the Rez is connected to the pump which in turn supplies the feeder lines....simple.

Here you can see the waterfall effect the system creates simply by recirculating.The pump is near this area, so this is where the 02 injection is created.

Here is the 02 injected feeder lines I constructed out of 1/2 hose and 1/4 inch air hose(fish stuff = cheap, widely avalible)

OK OK... BLunts run down. (this is going to take a few posts)

I went with drip irrigation for two reasons.

1. I had to maximize root growth within the pot itself, maximizing root space. Some DWC systems the roots grow straite down, wasting the volume of the pot.

.....and that just the top half!!

2. I wanted my system to recirculate.

The main table is made of 1/2 plywood with holes cut out to fit the netpot into the sweet spot of the tray, 1 - 2 inches off the water. The trays themselves I mounted with the lids onand predrilled 6 holes, finally screwing them up into the table.(you can see the screws in the pic)

The water level is maintained by the ebbflow idea of using a hose to channel the water back into the rez(you can see the level hose in the first shot)....for those that are too stoned to scroll back up there...haha.

the hose on the left coming down from my main trays to the REZ trays.

Their are 3 main trays connected together with 1/2 hose, what one tray does the others do. Each tray has 2 airstones located directly underneth each netpot hole.
Currently I have room for 6 plants. I am recirculating this system once every 4 hours for 10 minutes. Last round I recirculated every 3 hours for 2 mins.My idea here is better water exchange,cooling process-rez water is colder then the top trays), plus the creation of O2 due to waterfall effect like the biobuckets!!! I am still playing with this, who knows maybe i can run with out the stones!
My Rez is two larger trays on wheels (130 liters total capacity!!),
again connected together with half inch hose.You can just see the other one in the first shot....sorry stoners im not inserting that pic again!!!l
They sit directly below the main trays. Everything sits about 2 1/2 feet off the ground(plant to ground).

A good shot of the feeder lines. At the netpots you noticed i drilled a spot for the hose to go in. I used those small T 'ees at the end of the line in each netpot, once they are buried they seem to stay in place.

Hopefully that gives some ideas to you folks out there looking to compact their system, maybe even gain 1/2 - 2 feet ot of headroom.

So basically the system has no timer just constantly circulates water from tray to tray to resavoir correct?

Blunt_69

Veteran
Nope. the feeder lines are on a timer. I basically flood untill the level in the trays raises. In mine it takes about 4 mins of flooding and i do that every 3 hours. In the 8 site it takes about 8 minutes. I use a programmable timer with a backup battery, that prevents any problems with the flooding system.The trays recirculate back into the Rez during flooding.Trays are fed with equal amounts of flow, so runoff is also equal.

i need to get some pictures of the new 8 -site in it's home.. My bud is very very happy with the results so far.. we are still in testing phase, but the plants are reacting identicle to my system. This system is using 80gph pump we picked up from the fish store. he has bigtime problems with headroom having only a 7 foot ceiling, that automatically ment choosing a system with low profile. This hydro system is the only one that offers extream low profile.I suppost NFT could be tailored really low as well.

Thats my first phase of the magic trays,keep looking there is much more information inside the thread, plus new build starts on page 2