What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How the Big Boys Roll

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think what they are trying to say...

If you have a few gaps in the bud space, it will fill with trichomes. If the light is too intense, then you end up increasing plant matter produces, and closing those gaps...thus reducing resin content per weight.

It makes perfect sense to me. I've discussed this in the past with people. The real thing I think to be gained here is if you are growing for hash...perhaps, then, less intensity may be to your advantage...

dank.Frank

KiefSweat

Veteran
Potter's PHD has more interesting studies in depth.

www.gwpharm.com/uploads/phd_david_potter_jp.pdf

5.5.2 Effect of Irradiance Level on Plant and Cannabinoid Yield During the first year of regular propagation of cannabis chemovars the average monthly yield was recorded. A large seasonal yield variation was observed (Figure 5.5) with winter crops yielding less than those grown in summer. Routine monthly analysis of cannabinoid content by GC showed that the potency of winter crops was as little as half that of summer crops. As a consequence of the combined drop in crop-yield and potency the cannabinoid yield of winter crops was found to be roughly a quarter of that achieved in summer (Figure 5.6).
Table 5.4. shows the yield and potency of identical batches of crops propagated in the glasshouse and in the growth-chamber. The glasshouse light level varied according to time of day and outside lighting conditions, with mercury vapour lamps providing up to 17 W m-2. A theoretical maximum irradiance level of 50 W m-2 was achievable in the glasshouse at noon on a bright winter day with supplementary lighting operating. An actual maximum of approximately 25 W m-2 was more typical. Growth room conditions were much brighter at 70 W m-2. These crops were harvested during November and December when glasshouse grown yields were close to their minimum.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
some of my nicest, densest nugs were ones that were FAR AWAY from the lights! for example around 24-30 inches under 600s....

and i had aonther tray with a 1kw and some nugs were as close as 16inches....yield was good but the heat definately had an effect on nug quality they were dense but felt airy if that makes any sense..had a noticeably more golden yellowed look..

E

elmanito

Are you talking about Bedrocan BV? I thought all their stuff was indoor growrooms.

No, James Burton and his stichting institute of medical marijuana.He was growing organic on soil in a greenhouse.

a_DSC00185.jpg
a_DSC00001.jpg

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

KiefSweat

Veteran
i saw an old dutch link of bedrocans setup last week. Might have been linked here.

They grow some really nice jack.

E

elmanito

i saw an old dutch link of bedrocans setup last week. Might have been linked here.

They grow some really nice jack.

They grew the Jack Herer seeds for Sensi Seeds and their strain Bedrocan is a Jack Herer strain.:)

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Nunsacred

It's so cool that formal research and development is progressing now.

GW pharma apparently grow about 30 tons in the UK each year. 30 tons!

Personally I would rather see their resources used for phenotype hunting but can't have everything my way :)