What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Scholarly Articles

Cannabologist

Veteran
** Deleting some articles so I hope people downloaded them... Putting up new articles get them while they last!

- This is a small sampling my Cannabis science library that I feel will be helpful to others here. This is a biased selection; I am quite limited by file size.

- Much is old work, and some of these articles have been posted before.

Attachments

• Constituents of Cannabis sativa XIV Intrinsic Problems In Classifying Cannabis Based On A Single.pdf
    87.6 KB · Views: 59
  • The Change of Opposite to Alternate Phyllotaxy and Repeated Rejuvenations in Hemp by.pdf
    344 KB · Views: 59
  • The Fluctuation Curve of Sex Reversal in Staminate Hemp Plants Induced by Photoperiodicity.pdf
    789.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Cannabologist

Veteran
More articles (some have been deleted as I am adding new articles!):

Attachments

• Experiments With various Plants to Produce Change of Sex in the Individual.pdf
    252.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Extraordinary sexual phenomena in plants.pdf
    221.6 KB · Views: 55
  • The Influence of Relative Length of Daylight on the Reversal of Sex in Hemp.pdf
    396.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

spurr

Veteran
Nice list, I was about to upload a few of those to the clone thread. I may just point to your post. Nice work :)

About the 1 mb file size limit, it's a bitch isn't it!?! This is my solution, I think it's good for others to copy:

1. ICmag has a 1 mb size limit for file uploads, so using good file host is an option to upload big files or a collection of files. Preferably people should use file hosts free from JavaScript and ads, and NOT on U.S. soil (do not use RapidShare, MediaFire, etc.; they suck and are on U.S. and use JavaScript). A good example of a good file host is File-Upload ( http://www.file-upload.net ); that is located in Russia and doesn't require JavaScript to upload or download.

2. If people upload files to a file host, PLEASE compress the files with WinRAR or 7zip (freeware for windows, linux, mac, etc; http://www.7-zip.org/ ) and use a password to encrypt the file!

spurr

Veteran
Oh yea,

FWIW, I have already uploaded a few papers you uploaded. Because each of us only have finite space to upload files/images/etc., and because you seem to upload good studies, maybe it would be a good idea for each of us to see if the other has already upload studies we plan to upload before we do so? That way both of us could save our finite upload space by not posting redundant studies. Just a thought. I am very happy to see someone else is uploading full text papers too :)

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
Sigh, I remember when I could look at everything. I miss my pubmed pw. Use your power when you have it college students.

Cannabologist

Veteran
Spurr:
Between you, Cannabologist, Avenger and myself we might upload every paper on cannabis there is! (I'm joking of course, but it would be grand if we could!)
There may be a website soon doing such ;)
Nice list, I was about to upload a few of those to the clone thread. I may just point to your post. Nice work
About the 1 mb file size limit, it's a bitch isn't it!?! This is my solution, I think it's good for others to copy:
- Yeah, it’s a bitch, I have tons of papers over the limit, some of which you have already posted. I’ve been looking into that file upload site, I still have to figure out about compressing files and using an encrypted pw...
- You don’t need to flatter me, I love you. You are one of the few who is way beyond the norm in terms of Cannabis horticultural knowledge, and someone who I must bow to as my greater. I cannot compete with your up to date knowledge of plant physiology, but I am sitting back and learning the new techniques. There is much with experimental design you have aided with, you should have proper facilities to put your knowledge to work. I only dream I can help ;)
- :) I’m kind of peeved you uploaded that paper on photoperiod; I had been meaning to make postings concerning that paper along with the others from Schaffner for months! Work work work.
FWIW, I have already uploaded a few papers you uploaded.
- I wouldn’t doubt it; you’ve been uploading and referencing papers like crazy lately and it’s been a real pain in the ass trying to keep after you and download everything you have referred to, especially with different things in different threads.
Because each of us only have finite space to upload files/images/etc., and because you seem to upload good studies, maybe it would be a good idea for each of us to see if the other has already upload studies we plan to upload before we do so? That way both of us could save our finite upload space by not posting redundant studies. Just a thought. I am very happy to see someone else is uploading full text papers too

- As it is with what I uploaded, I’m pretty jacked on my site upload limit, especially if I want to upload pictures or anything else. I definitely tried to pick some of the best stuff I knew of that was relevant to threads ongoing here, particularly things that will just be of practical interest and that I feel is good knowledge that was in a way lost. There is definitely a lot more that could be posted. But I hope in a short time this problem will take care of itself and people won’t have to worry about uploading papers and looking to obscure corners of the internet for the information they desire ;)

Cannabologist

Veteran
- New articles!!!

Attachments

• Recent Advances in Cannabis sativa Research.pdf
    178.8 KB · Views: 50
  • CBN and THC concentration ratio as an indicator of the age of stored marijuana samples.pdf
    377.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Cannabis Vaporizer Combines Effecient Delivery of THC with Effective Suppression of Pyrlytic Com.pdf
    175.7 KB · Views: 58
  • A simple DNA extraction Method for Marijuana samples used in Amplified fragment length Polymorph.pdf
    876.3 KB · Views: 62

IMO

thanks for the articles guys, can't get enough of it. quite a wealth of information, bravo.

spurr

Veteran
Hey canna,

I will respond to your post to me tomorrow, it's getting late here. For now: I am interested in maybe working together to build a very large collection of papers for a decided site. I probably have 75-100 MB worth of studies, or more, I could share. I am sure you have many I have, but I also am sure we each have studies the other does not..unite and conquer! :)

Also, I see you are removing papers and uploading new ones, can I ask why? Do you have less upload space than I? I have uploaded just over 31 MB worth of studies to ICmag, and it looks like I have about 20-25 MB of space left. If I were to guess, I would say I have a total of 50-60 MB of space for uploads. Do you have less than 50 MB? I ask because I cannot image that you are running out of space if you do have near 50 MB of upload space, especially becuase we are limited to 1 MB per file.

Would you mind listing the papers you upload/ed? Maybe make a post here where you list the papers you upload, so if you remove them people can still see what is 'out there' and then find the full text on their own. I worry that I may miss some good papers you post and then remove, and I don't want to miss any good papers.

Thanks for your consideration. :tiphat:

spurr

Veteran
spurr said:
Nice list, I was about to upload a few of those to the clone thread. I may just point to your post. Nice work

- Yeah, it’s a bitch, I have tons of papers over the limit, some of which you have already posted. I’ve been looking into that file upload site, I still have to figure out about compressing files and using an encrypted pw...

- You don’t need to flatter me, I love you. You are one of the few who is way beyond the norm in terms of Cannabis horticultural knowledge, and someone who I must bow to as my greater. I cannot compete with your up to date knowledge of plant physiology, but I am sitting back and learning the new techniques. There is much with experimental design you have aided with, you should have proper facilities to put your knowledge to work. I only dream I can help ;)

- :) I’m kind of peeved you uploaded that paper on photoperiod; I had been meaning to make postings concerning that paper along with the others from Schaffner for months! Work work work.

I feel the same about you, re "someone who I must bow to as my greater"; we must agree to disagree.

Sorry about uploading that paper, I knew you wanted to post about it so I wanted to spite you! haha ;)

:tiphat:

tester

Anyone can post this one?

EFFECT OF SALINITY IN NUTRIENT SOLUTION ON YIELD OF CANNABIS IN INDOOR CONDITION

Gianpaolo Grassi
Salvatore Casano
Marco Michelozzi
Valentina Martini and Diaz Kroeze

CRA-CIN, Rovigo branch section, Italy
DAAT, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Palermo, Italy
Institute of Plant Genetics, National Research Council, Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
PlantResearch International BV, Oosterhout nb, The Netherlands

There's an abstract on page 28 here
http://www.cannabis-med.org/meeting/Cologne2009/reader.pdf

spurr

Veteran
@ tester,

AFAIK that abstract is the only source online, and I have not been able to find the full text in my Uni's big biology library or any other Uni library I have searched. Many people have thrown a fit when they read that abstract about the high EC (e.g., 3), I find it interesting and worth investigation. Sadly, the authors didn't list the nutrient mix they used in the abstract, so the abstract is of limited value IMO. You could email the lead author and ask them for the full text.

One point about that abstract is the researchers used very low irradiance, far lower than most of us use. The lower the irradiance the higher the EC can go, in general.

Cannabologist

Veteran
- Tester, I know I have seen (all? most?) the journal of industrial hemp all online somewhere, either at their website or perhaps through the MAPS website.. It took a little time to find and navigate but I downloaded articles from them, but not every one, because it was all available free...

Cannabologist

Veteran
- I'm an idiot... I'll figure out what I deleted if I can and post some more. I am a bit pressed for time right now, but still want to respond to everything. There is a lot of good info I have found for some threads...

Cannabologist

Veteran
- Looking over things, I only have 5mb of upload space. I imagine when I make 50 posts I will have more space and be able to upload more, particularly those other papers I had up initially.