What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hanuman's late SD garden

hanuman

Puff puff.... (out of breath) :jump: Hey guys, wait for me! I'm late!!!

So after a few years of big plants, here I am again this year, with a scaled down grow, mostly because there's no point in overproduction, after all it's all for me only, as well as for various reasons, such as avoiding six months of total paranoia, and not advertising my hobby too much to my teenager children... Same reason why I'm not putting the plants under a poly tunnel this year... low profile. I'm just hoping it doesn't rain too much now.

Anyway, this year, I have two different Sour Diesel phenos. One of them, called "riri cut" over here is a selection on Rez's sour diesel IBL seeds that's going around in this country. Titoon made a thread about this pheno (grown indoors) in the smoke reports section. According to what I've heard or read, I'm expecting excellence out of this clone.

The other pheno I have ("slack cut", if I'm not mistaken) has been selected out of Elite Genetics' sour diesel IBL seeds. That's what I've been told by my generous donor anyway (Thanks mate if you're reading this btw). Still according to what I've heard, the riri is more on the lavender side, whereas the slack has a more diesel character...

So here's a few pics of my 2010 garden. The rooted cuts where put in the ground on july 14th. This year, I only amended my soil with two 20 liter bags of wormcastings and one bag of commercial organic compost/manure. I've only just started to give them some biobizz grow + bloom last week.

Anyway, enough words, here's a few pics taken yesterday, september 9. :

picture.php

Overall view 1. SD riri on the far left & far right, SD slack front and back.

picture.php

Here, the riri are the one in the forefront and in the back. Slack (elite) cut right and left.

picture.php

The slack cut is slightly earlier than the riris...

picture.php

SD riri clone

picture.php

OK, enough comments, the pics speak for themselves after all :)

picture.php

picture.php

OK, that's all for now. I'll make an update when things start to become interesting. :)

Course, don't hesitate to comment on the grow ;)

h :ying:

haxi

Hello h :)
Nice to see you starting a growthread here :dance013: !
Your plants looks beautiful :)

The flowering is already nicely avanced, lucky guy... :p

I wish you a happy flowering season my friend :D

Peace :rasta:

jack1

Nice job, nice plants H good luck for the continuation

you are the father of weather ^^

hanuman

Hey friends,

Thanks for the visit :) Yep, I have great expectations with the riri SD. I just hope they'll finish OK as I don't have my tunnel this year. Too obvious.

Anyway, here's a lil update. The plants are doing well. Small but cute :)

Heres the pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's all I think. I'll post another update or two before the harvest, if everything goes well...

hanuman

Thanks haxi :)

Heres a few bud pics. Things are starting to look (and smell) good.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

seeya in one or two weeks :)

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
stepping in bro...nice like every year!! great to see ya in action again

hope for a mold free harvest!!!

Swazi-CW

Wow....just impressive my friend ;)

I 'll follow this for sure man..very nice pics and awsome strain...soooo good :)

All the best for you

keke.nz

looking amazing hanuman, well done.

One question, is the biobizz grow + bloom the only nutrients you use for the growing? other than what comes from the worm castings and compost.

Keep it up. love it.

Peace keke :joint:

hanuman

Thank you for the visit & comments my friends. The plants were still doing well two days ago. We've had horrible weather for the last two days though, with strong winds and rain all day. On sunday, the wind was so strong, it almost uprooted my biggest SD, especially as I always take special care to leave the soil as loose as possible.

Now I daren't go down to the spot to check whether there was some damage or if budrot has started.... Up to now, I have just picked one branch that was slightly touched. Keeping my fingers crossed. Fortunately, the weather is turning nice again for the whole week apparently. I'll go down this afternoon and I'll snap a few pics if it's worth it. In any case, I'll be chopping the whole thing before october 19, as I have to go away for 2 weeks.

keke, I don't remember exactly when I took the pics, but for most of the grow, I only used biobizz grow, then grow+bloom, but for the last three waterings (roughly every week or every ten days), I've been adding some bionova pk 13-14 that was gathering dust in my workshop and I think the results are showing. I'm done with nutrients now anyway, as there isn't much time before harvest.

But then, I'd say that the overall health of the grow (I don't think I've ever had such healthy plants at that stage in bloom in the last 15 years...) comes from the relatively large amounts of worm castings I've added when I prepared the spot, now that my "regular" garden center sells it.

I'll post an update later today or tomorrow, if I can.

Thanks again guys (still no girls.... sigh...)

Edit: back from the garden, I just picked two small spots of budrot, but I've had no other damage after the stormy weather. The plants are bending a bit on one side, but are doing just great. Trichs 70-80% going white/cloudy on both phenos, some trichs still partially clear, no amber at all yet, or hardly. Whatever I harvest in less than two weeks should be OK :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
It's great to see SD doing well in our part of the world.. These cuts must be very special. I've been praying bud rot doesn't set in either as my meagre one plant looks like it might go all throughout October. Although I am moving it indoors during the nights now..

Amazing looking plants brother Hanuman..

hanuman

Hey friends, it's me again, this time with pics.

Kalbhairav, thanks for the visit. About budrot, I've been lucky this year, as the weather has been great during all the flowering season... Hopefully it'll stay like that till the end. By the way, I'm not in the UK, but further south.

About the strain(s) I have done this season, I'd say the rez sour D (riri cut) is quite mold resistant as the only spot I removed was from a less healthy branch, but absolutely nothing on the rest.

Anyway, here's some pics. Unfortunately I am not very gifted with a camera, as the plants look way better in real life... Oh well...

Countdown for harvest 10 days max....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Kalbhairav, thanks for the visit. About budrot, I've been lucky this year, as the weather has been great during all the flowering season... Hopefully it'll stay like that till the end. By the way, I'm not in the UK, but further south. :tiphat:

So a little warmer and dryer then to be able to let the SD fully express itself... And your pics are far better than mine so I wouldn't worry.

Will be looking forward to harvest.

:blowbubbles:

Astaroth

Hi Hanuman :tiphat:

Another fine outdoor session, I wish you not much mold on your budzzZ ;)

:party:SD "Riri cut" was 2010 revelation for me! :party:

Hasta luego ^^
:wave:

Swazi-CW

Just woooow...nothing to say...just really nice job..
waiting for harvest time now ;)

see ya
all the best for you and your girls :)