What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need some help

Manitoba Mike

Brand new. First attempt.
Started indoors. 24 days old. Transplanted to outside. What the heck happened. Been outside for 2days.

IMG 20160403 223728

20180621_084512.jpg

20180621_084508.jpg

Any and all help appreciated

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Ya scorched them! Way too young to be placed outside. When you start 'em inside you must acclimate your plants to the VERY BRIGHT sun. They should have been placed in a semi-shaded area for 4-7 days.

caliprop215

Veteran
Yea too hot put a chair over them to shade them. Give them some more water and place a humidity dome over plants and it will be fine. Leave in shade a few days then start bringing it in direct sun few hours a day until its strong enough.it will live if u keep out of sun

Manitoba Mike

Thanks guys. I will give that a try.
Much appreciated.
Makes sense. Went from indoors at 72f in the south sunny window to 90f.
I would like the same if I did that to myself.
Cheers
Mike

troutman

Seed Whore
The plants were not properly hardened.

When I transplant anything outside I place the plants in the shade for an entire week to adjust.

It helps to mist the plants once a day if you can while they are in the shade too.

Do that next time and your plants will be healthier. :tiphat:

Manitoba Mike

The plants were not properly hardened.

When I transplant anything outside I place the plants in the shade for an entire week to adjust.

It helps to mist the plants once a day if you can while they are in the shade too.

Do that next time and your plants will be healthier. :tiphat:

I brought them in side to the ac. Gonna mist them, and put outside Again for a few hours tomorrow.
Are they gonna survive.
Cheers
Mike

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Hope they pull through... it’s a hard little plant, so you never know.
Best of luck

fatigues

Veteran
Hardening with any plant sprouted indoors is required before they are put under full sunlight. It's not unique to cannabis.

(Your stems could have also used some further depression into the grow media and some piling up of earth around them (always below the leaves) to support them, too. Probably too late for that now though. Next time.)

Growing conditions, degree of southern exposure, and shade conditions are different for everybody. It depends on where their house is, their neighbors are, trees growing around them, etc. These things can affect the individual outcome dramatically. So you are going to hear a cross-section of opinions based upon experience as to what is "best" to do.

My point: what is "best" varies a lot. It is dependent on local geography and effects which are highly particular to that unique location.

I don't know about hardening for 7 days. That seems excessive to me. But 2 days normally are required as a baseline that everybody agrees upon. Some more conservative growers might be growing in circumstances where their geography tends to demand an easing in to the sun over 3 or 4 days.

Whatever the case, every plant needs a little bit of time to acclimatize. Your plants are not dead. They should recover.

Manitoba Mike

They didn't pull thru. But I learned from it, I hope. Have a couple more Seeds germinating now.
Pretty sure I over watered. Then put them outside in full Southern sun at 90f and basically boiled the roots and cooked the plant.
Gonna try again.

Latest posts

Latest posts