What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. Boy Scouts

topheavy420

My problem with this is the Boy Scouts were hijacked. Years of changing times and pressure from certain groups forced change.
But why not the girl scouts? Why not start a co-ed scouts? Because it was never fully about that, it was driven by a hatred for it for whatever reason. Too male? Too white? I really don't know. Couldn't stand to see a group that did what they did and represented certain things and values. It makes us ALL look like fools that a bunch of whiners couldn't just start their own club and were allowed to railroad another.

This basic narrative is all over American culture right now.

P-NUT

Veteran
Jehovah's witnesses are definitely here. They dont come by my parents since my dad met them in the yard with a shotgun in his tighty whiteys and told them what you cant read the sign on the gate that says keep closed or did you misinterpret that like yall do the bible. One time I was manicuring at a rental and someone rang the doorbell. It was 2 smoking hot jehovah witness chicks. Usually they sent up their 6-10 year olds so you won't cuss them out. Personally I find mormons much less pushy.

Im on the fence with the scout thing. I see the point that some think there should be a girl equivalent but unfortunately theres not enough girls imterested in camping and the outdoors. My son is in scouts and I see the point of a boys only no girls distracting type deal but my daughter is very much an outdoor loving kind of kid. Her sis was in girlscouts and that shit was straight up retarded and a waste of time. All their fundraising selling cookies and shit went to mall lockins and themeparks. My sons boyscouts have been everywhere from the fl keys to the Appalachians. Unfortunately scouts of all sort are dying out because no one goes outside in the woods anymore.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't stand anyone walking the streets with a Bible. We have those loonies up here.

What really digs me in the false sincerity.

You're here to sell me God, ya don't give a shit how I am or whether I am happy today, so spare me the platitudes. The only people who do false sincerity better are the bloody hyper personal hipsters.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
never had Mormons around here. well, none that advertised it. we used to fuck with the JWs as a juvenile thug. we'd watch & see where they hid their bicycles, then move them down the block. much less tolerant now. couple years back before my mom passed away, we were out in her yard talking before i left, and here they came. i heard her mutter "oh no, not again!" down the driveway they came "hello, sir. what are you up to this fine day?" i said "i'm getting ready to leave, but you two are going first & not coming back. got it?" they got it...

brown_thumb

The only reason you guys make fun of Mormons is because you don't have any Jehovah's Witness's where you are.

A couple months ago a pair of Catholic folks visited to drop off a pamphlet and 'spread the word'. They were very nice ladies but ill-informed about what they were selling. In a very kind way, I shared why I'm agnostic, offered a few facts, why I have doubts, the Bible is authored by humans, etc. Those poor ladies were very uncomfortable because they had no facts to offer... just "please believe in Jesus so your soul will be saved".

I was in Boy Scouts as a young lad but later as a young teen joined an Explorer group which allowed girls. No girls ever joined... made me very sad. I so very much wanted to go 'hiking' in the woods with girls my age.;)

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have studied the Bible for many years. It is a fascinating piece of work. It is totally freaky the way it has be so misinterpreted in recent translations. I am currently learning ancient Hebrew so I can do my own translation (of certain parts). Unfortunately, people often take the Bible verbatim and that is quite impossible to do unless you read and speak ancient Hebrew or Latin, maybe some Greek. LOL

It's actually nice that all these religions want to spread their word. Most of them are decent and will walk away when asked nicely. The ones that don't, deserve whatever rudeness you reflect upon them. LOL

I like to discuss the Bible but it is often difficult because people's emotions and beliefs sometimes interfere with rational discussion.

shithawk420

Veteran
I have a child hood friend who is a jehova witness or Mormon or something who likes to come over every few months to try and "save me".used to kinda bully me a little.nothing major.anyway used to drink and smoke weed but somehow he met this girl who was out of his league who convert him.now they are married with kids.I don't believe in religion but they are nice people and I respect that.fuck I'll convert for those hot chicks! Just kidding.or maybe not!lol

EvergreenState

I was asked once what I thought women wanted out of men. I told her that was an easy question to answer.
"Women want men to be women."
I went on to say, "They want us to think like them, want what they want, value things at the same level they do, feel like them-you know, cry a lot in order to be emotionally available and reach their level of emotional maturity:gaga: and act like them. If we resist, they want to FIX us. Thus the main reason men and women fight, men resisting the constant attempts to be FIXED." Her reply, "Oh that's not true." I told her, " That's been my and damn near every man I know, experience with women for 45 years."
This new scout move is yet another attempt to FIX men. The younger the boys are, the easier they are to FIX. Women of course are perfect and need no fixing.:bow:

W

Water-

I have studied the Bible for many years. It is a fascinating piece of work. It is totally freaky the way it has be so misinterpreted in recent translations. I am currently learning ancient Hebrew so I can do my own translation (of certain parts). Unfortunately, people often take the Bible verbatim and that is quite impossible to do unless you read and speak ancient Hebrew or Latin, maybe some Greek. LOL

It's actually nice that all these religions want to spread their word. Most of them are decent and will walk away when asked nicely. The ones that don't, deserve whatever rudeness you reflect upon them. LOL

I like to discuss the Bible but it is often difficult because people's emotions and beliefs sometimes interfere with rational discussion.

The bird is the word

N

noyd666

not wrong.
picture.php

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Need to make a thread RIP America... ppl want equality until they get treated as an equal and they don't like it or it don't benefit them.... this whole pc soft culture is ruining our country....

packerfan79

Veteran
Need to make a thread RIP America... ppl want equality until they get treated as an equal and they don't like it or it don't benefit them.... this whole pc soft culture is ruining our country....

The problem is that people want equality of outcome, without equality of sacrafice and effort. I am all for equality of opportunity.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clint Eastwood once said everyone is walking around on egg shells these days, afraid to express there opinion. Personally I'm old school and I agree.. Genderising and P.C culture is for new age pussies.

944's, being a cop in the UK looks to be about as lame as it comes this day and age. Nothing to be proud of. Having male policeman wearing finger nail polish in aid of feminism, what a joke. I got a good laugh out of that. You lot need to let the lion out of the cage, before it's too late. The likes of Nelson and Wellington would be turning in there graves.

whats the Simpsons and a rubber boot to be used in the rain got to do with cubs and scouts?,,,,,lol,lol,lol,,,,,,
uk cops= staying away from home growers who pay there bills is fine by me,,,,,,,s2

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
It's not really that I want everything for doing nothing. But, I am entitled to it so you better give it to me.

Bobby Boucher

Y'all old heads prolly aren't aware that the Boy Scouts have been dead since the mid 90's. One year we were camping out and rough housing outside.. the next we were locked up in a padded room under constant supervision.

Boy Scouts have been wearing bonnets and lady dresses for 20+ years.