What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Setting up a User Account for more Anon. Posting

St. Phatty

Well I've already created the account, now I just need to start doing the "Switch User" routine when I am posting.

There is some personal information that is leaking through in some people's posts.

If you download an image file, and do a right click "properties", on some image files posted by members you will find personal info embedded in the image properties.

Part of that is the path listing.

That's why I suggest an User Account name that is impersonal & ready for consumption by the General public.

Also, I suggest posting from a drive that the anon. User Account has access to.

The point being, if someone does a right click properties, it's better that they see,

"F:/Cannabis_pic", owned by user "Anon_account",

than some of the other pathnames & ownership's that are sneaking through, in some of our posts.

Since it's a pain in the ass to switch users when you have a work session set up, I guess that means the "Anon account" becomes your main working account.

Anyway, just a little security suggestion. Definitely the direction I'm going in, though I don't have a lot of time for computer System Admin stuff.

Mostly, I'm speaking of Windows OS's when I talk about User Accounts, though I have found Linux Ubuntu to be similar (but haven't browsed ICMag with it.)

CaptainDankness

I don't think anything is anonymous on the internet. Everyone used to always talk about Tor meanwhile it was created by the US government who has been monitoring everything since the Patriot Act shortly after 9/11.

International and all data is being collected by I believe every English nation.

CaptainDankness

...don't post incriminating content, problem solved.

It would be nice to post incriminating photos, but yeah I'll keep all my bud shots to myself sadly.

Kind of a hard thing to do on a cannabis forum, you want to be like all the cool kids, pics or it didn't happen!! Lol

Thakfully I'm cool as fuck in real life.

:laughing: