What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

Scrappy-doo

Thanks Krabby. Don't know which one you're talkin' about. We got lots here at the Doo-Pound

Not sure really on flowering. Depends on if you count the 4 days darkness as the start. That was on 4/15. Came back in on 4/19 so that's when 12/12 officially started. So we're at 30-35 days, somewhere around there.

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

So I left off with pics of the ChemD and Glue which like I said is beginning to venture into the left side of the garden, where there are some definite issues. You can see some discoloration in some fan leaves and some tip burn. The tip burn came from one light application of nutrients that I gave my plants.

I consider myself quasi-organic at this point, meaning I have a good organic base and I use PBP bloom to adjust my water ph rather than ph drops. In a 5 gallon bucket I use 2 capfuls of PBP which is very little. I'd say probably 200 ppm's or less and they only get this once a week. My logic is that it's more organic than ph drops and if there's anything lacking in the soil the nutrients will help carry them through. Maybe my logic is flawed or maybe it's not the best idea but I'm still in transition mode from synthetics and learning how to do organics properly. Always open to being schooled in that department if anyone wants to chime in with 2 cent.

Well, one day I couldn't find my PBP so I used some from a bottle that a friend gave me when he moved and it's about a year and a half old. Not sure if that stuff goes bad or not but since I use so little I didn't think it could hurt.

I was wrong lol. Plants did NOT like it at all. I took a whiff from the bottle and it still smells ok but a little more pungent and maybe a little fermented like a bottle of kambucha smells. So I don't know if it actually goes bad or spoils with age or if it just gets more potent, but my plants reacted as if I gave them a high dose of food.

But really that's a minor issue. The main problem as we get into the left side of the room is that I had 2 lights over that area, and as we will see some plants didn't handle it very well.

Here's how the lights were placed. The one closest to the wall is about 20-24 inches away from it.

picture.php

Here's a full shot of the left side. All the way at the top is the far left wall.

picture.php

Those plants at the top were raised up from the rest of the canopy in an attempt to give them more light... A habit of mine for increasing yields horizontally. Doing so with these lights cooked my plants.

The wall on the left side of that pic is about 30 inches away from the lights. The plant next to it was also raised and got a little cooked, similar to what happened to my glue. Nothing I'm concerned about.

picture.php

but not nearly as extreme as the ones at the far wall.

picture.php

These were almost right against the wall and that light was closer to the wall, so they got direct light from the bulb and also that intense reflection. Way too much light.

At the bottom of the pic is the glue which was directly under the light and only mildly affected.

So this week I pulled both of those lights over to the right, so now I have one right in the center and the other 2 over each half, and about 30 inches from the walls. Hopefully my scorched girls recover lol.

So it appears the best way to use these cycloptics is with a level canopy and really I wouldn't want them to get any closer than 24 inches from my tops.

I'm sure I'll keep playing around with it, but I am very impressed with the power of these cdm's.

IMO the hype is justified. With the cycloptics hoods at least, each 315w cdm is fairly equivalent to a 600w hps.

Scrappy-doo

I harvested my forum cut about a week ago that had some seeds in it. Went through all my buds tonight and this is what I got.

picture.php

picture.php

I figured it was probably herm pollen from my old dj short blueberry cut, one of my carolina blue x digital berry's, or a male from my Blueberry BX seeds. But then I found a cool surprise.

picture.php

Gonna pop some and throw'em outside.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Scrappy u can buy some beneficial insects from evergreengrowers.com I would pick up the A. Califonicus. They are a predator mite that will eat any type of mite and they work fast. Evergreen growers is a good place I have ordered from them before u can get about 7k of the californicus for about 80 bucks shipped might be cheaper can't remember but they will overnight them and they usually ship out bugs on Wednesdays only I think that's the day.

If u do get lady bugs I have heard that if you spray them with coke or some other kind of soda it will keep them from flying away. Personally I don't know how true that is but that what I read somewhere and it kinda makes sense. I used lady bugs before and they work for sure but just suck because they get into everything and u find dead carcass everywhere.

Scrappy-doo

Spray coke on the ladybugs? lol wow how stoned was that person when they had that idea? Damn I'd kinda feel like I was torturing them if I did that.

But those predators sound like the right ticket. Small price to pay. Better than trying to squish them all with my fingers. What happens to them when they die. Where do they go. Will I end up smoking any?

Mikenite69

Veteran
The A. californicus will hang around on the leaves and wait for new predators to arrive if it takes to long they will venture off and look elsewhere. They are so small u couldn't see them with your naked eye but they are powerful little workers. I wouldn't think u would find any in the buds because they mainly hang out on the leaves looking and waiting for predators to arrive.

Scrappy-doo

2 more down this week.

Chemtrails 5- Nice yield, rock hard buds, Mostly chem nose with some slight fruity notes. Last of the chemtrails females:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Pretty decent strain with one nice standout. Not sure if the alien kush they used brings all that much to the table. 'Alien' dominant phenos were light on smell, large yielding, floppy, but rock hard potent buds. Good for commercial but nothing special.

I think I'm going to make my own using my ChemD, illuminatti, and Corey cuts and some pollen I collected from a nice fire alien kush male. That line had a lot more to offer I think. Super frosty, vigorous, nice and stinky with many phenos in the F2 generation having that classic cherry alien smell to them.

Scrappy-doo

And last but never least... Larrydog.

Don't think I have any more of her at this garden, so these are her final pics till October. Gonna miss her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Blueberry BX #1

This is by far the loudest and best smelling blueberry I've ever run. Stink level is 10/10, I'd put her nose right up there with Cory, ChemD, or ECSD. Straight up blueberry funk! She's lacking frost and a bit fluffy, but the smell more than makes up for it. Lots of stress factors this round so I think I can up the frost and pretty her up more next time. The room stank like hell for hours after I finished trimming. I have a few other females from this line but I think this one is probably my favorite.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Blueberry BX #3

Identical to #1 but the smell is not as strong. Yield is a little higher but I'm gonna let her go. Still a nice plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Blueberry BX #9

Blueberry BX #9

Loving this one. Obvious improvement in frost. Stacks like a champ. Awesome yield. Lots of blueberry aroma but not quite as pure as #1. It's more of a dessert type with maybe some cream in there. Still has a couple weeks to go so the F2 beans in her can ripen a bit more. Definitely staying for another round.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SourDank

Veteran
Great job bro, especially given those crazy ass circumstances. Where did you scoop the blueberry bx if you don't mind me asking?

Latest posts

Latest posts