What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mohan Ram, Wild Rose, Psicodelicia, and Vanilla Kush Grow

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tony, great harvest you have there!
Hope you enjoy all them when cure is Ok ;)
i'll keep passing by
jaypp

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Interesting Tidbit

Interesting Tidbit

The Mohan Ram was dry enough to begin curing 8 days after chop, while the Psicodelicia was ready in only 5 days. You might also remember that I said the Psicodelicia looked bigger than the Mohan Ram, but actually weighed less. My conclusion, the Mohan Ram buds are considerably more dense. Its final yield might just surprise me.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Curing & Final Yield

Curing & Final Yield

It's been a while, and things have been happening, just not very news- or photo-worthy things. So here's what's been going on since my last update:

After chopping and trimming, I hung the whole plants to dry. I let them hang until the thinnest stems just snap and the outsides of the buds are getting a bit crispy. The Mohan Ram & Vanilla Kush took 8 days, and the Psicodelicia and Wild Rose took 5 days (the humidity was up and down over that period, so I don't think the differences necessarily mean anything). At that point, I cut the buds from the stems and put them into large Ziplock bags, which I aired out once or twice a day. I like curing in bags because it's very easy to air them out, and because I can lay the buds out flat in a single layer. For me, it's the easiest, most foolproof and most effective method of curing I've found. After about 2.5 - 3 weeks, I took the buds out of the bags and packed them loosely into mason jars for a final, slow cure. That was in the first week of June, and I've been airing the jars every other day or so since. So about 6 weeks post harvest, I think they're getting to the point that any flavors that were going to come out have. Also, the outsides of the buds, which got soft again when put into bags, are getting crispy again, and the slightly larger stems will now snap when bent. Which means curing is coming to an end, and I'm about ready to put them away for long-term storage.

I weighed the buds when I transferred them from the bags to the jars. Here are the official, final yields (remember, this is an exhibition only, not a competition, so no wagering):

• Mohan Ram - 31.0 g (1.1 oz)
  • Wild Rose - 28.0 g (1 oz)
  • Psicodelicia - 23.6 g (0.8 oz)
  • Vanilla Kush - 38.9 g (1.4 oz)

Total - 121.5 g (4.29 oz)

I have to say that yield-wise I am a bit disappointed in the three Sweet Seeds strains. With 9 weeks of veg time, I was expecting more in the neighborhood of 1.5 oz per plant. The Wild Rose and Psicodelicia in particular only ended up around 15% of their wet weight, while most plants I've grown are more like 17-18%. Which means their buds are relatively fluffy. That was especially obvious with the Psicodelicia, which at harvest looked considerably bigger than the Mohan Ram, yet ended up weighing almost one third less. So quantity-wise, the standout of the group was the Vanilla Kush by a wide margin. Quality-wise is another story, and I'll post a smoke report soon. For now, I'll leave you with some bud shots (taken at super hi-res on a flatbed scanner).

picture.php

picture.php

Feel free to compare and contrast.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tony!

Thank you very much, again, for sharing your experience and the sincere way you're doing it ;) Very much appreciated.

:tiphat:

Hope you enjoy their taste and effect so I'll stay tuned for the smoke reports.

Cheers and sweet smokes!!

tommy

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Final Report

Final Report

I know it's been a while, but I've finally decided to stop putting it off and just write up my smoke report. I'm really good about documenting all the objective info, like times, sizes, weights. But not so good with describing the flavors and aromas and subjective effects. In other words, the J. Peterman of smoke reports I'm not. And please remember the following are my opinions only, your mileage may vary.

First, a brief summary of the grow (more detail in the first couple of posts in this thread): All four of these strains were new to me, so I had no idea what to expect. The plants were grown in a typical organic soil mix in 3 gal bags in a double-wide wardrobe (about 48" x 18"). They vegged for 65 days under a 400 w MH bulb, then flowered under a single 400 w HPS bulb. They were fed with liquid organic nutes and the occasional shot of molasses. Post-harvest info can be found in my last few posts, along with some bud shots.

The Vanilla Kush was by far the star of the group yield-wise. With just under 1.5 oz, it was what I was expecting with 9 weeks veg time. However, of this group, the VK is my least favorite (the way it always works out). I don't know much about Kush's, my only experience being with Kandy Kush. It's one of my favorites with an energizing buzz and very sweet, candy flavor. VK is just the opposite, and I suspect more what a Kush should be. In the jar it smells very spicy, earthy, maybe even woodsy. It also has a very strong flavor, but the exact opposite of the Kandy Kush. It tastes very spicy, herbal, what I think of as more old school, or old world, very much like the God Bud I used to grow. Unfortunately for me, this flavor is a bit too strong and overpowering, and gets old pretty fast. Also, it's just not that potent. A decent indica buzz, but nothing special. Basically, I'm a bit disappointed with the Vanilla Kush.

I had high hopes for the Psicodelicia, probably because I liked the name. I do like it, but don't think it's outstanding. It doesn't have much of an aroma in the jar, just a bit perfumy, with maybe a tiny dash of lighter fluid thrown in. The smoke has very little flavor (not uncommon). I have mixed feelings about the buzz. The first few times I thought it just wasn't very potent, but other times I got a very nice, enjoyable effect. Maybe it's one of those strains that I quickly build a tolerance to (like Cream Caramel), which means it's better as a more occasional smoke. Over all, it's a nice sativa effect, but not my favorite sativa.

I like the Mohan Ram, but also didn't find it too exceptional. In the jar it has almost no aroma. If I had to call it something, I'd say ever so slightly spicy. Likewise, it had very little flavor. It's supposed to be sativa dominant, but it reminds me more of the Cream Caramel, more of a hybrid buzz. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Cream Caramel, one of my favorites. It's like a more potent Mohan Ram with more/better flavor.

Finally, the Wild Rose was the standout of the group. I'd say the WR is now one of my favorite sativas, along with C99 and Lemon Haze. In the jar it has a very pleasant, sweet candy aroma. It's smoke also has a very sweet flavor, very much like a milder Kandy Kush flavor, not overpowering. I also very much like the buzz. It doesn't knock me out. I can do a few hits in the day time and not feel all groggy later on. If I do more than a few hits in the evening, it's obvious how potent it is. I hesitate to use the word, but it can be a bit trippy (like C99). As far as I'm concerned, the Wild Rose is the exceptional strain in this group and will remain in my line up with my other favorites

And now that we're heading into August, it's time to get another round started, so I can finish up before Xmas. I mixed the soil yesterday and plan on starting seeds this weekend. Since I can only grow four plants, I have to be selective. This time I'm growing mostly my favorites (i.e., sure things): Kandy Kush, C99, and Cream Caramel. My wild card will be CH9 Female Seeds Jack 33 (CH9 Jack X CH9 Flower), a freebie I got that sounds like an interesting sativa. We'll see.

Thanks for sticking around till the end. I hope you enjoyed the show.

After going through my seeds, I changed my mind. I forgot about the Shark Attack, a freebie that's supposed to be high CBD. I liked it a lot, great nighttime smoke. I ended up with a few seeds from it, at least two or three that are uniformly dark and look viable. I think I'll try another Shark Attack instead of Cream Caramel this time, which I still have a fair amount of left. That's the plan, subject to change.

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Tony! :tiphat:

Thanks for your extensive report my friend, it's always a pleasure to have some feedback from growers. This is a very complete and detailed grow diary, thanks for posting ;)

Hope to see you around mate, keep passing by, sweet smokes! :ying:

tommy

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Follow Up

Follow Up

Thanks, Tommy G. I try to share the kind of info I like to have when growing a strain for the first time.

As the Wild Rose ages, its sweet smell in the jar and smoke flavor is coming out more. It really is a nice smoke, I like it a lot.

Also, the Psicodelicia mixed with Mohan Ram makes a great real-time hybrid. Much like an actual hybrid, mixing strains when you smoke can bring out the best of both. Sometimes the combination is better than either individual. Smoking these two together is better than either alone, a very nice blend.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks again for the comments Tony! :tiphat:

Nice to know you are enjoying your sweets, I'm sure you have some good quality in your jars.

See you around my friend, kind regards,

tommy

Latest posts

Latest posts