What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1-2-3 Sweet CannaButter

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Heeellllloo........Took two hours kinda slow climb, but yeah, one cookie'll do me for a while.

BUTTER!!!!

2 Legal Co

Veteran
WD50

Long time. Buzz 13:30 or so. Still a mellow buzz at 21:00 last night. And this was from the second 'wash'. The 'virgin wash' butter ought to be Very Good!

Now admittedly, I did not cook the first batch over much, only 5hours, maybe 6. And granted, the herb is AK47.

Bit over a hundred cookies. So this seems like a minimal investment of weed, for the benefits afforded.

:thank you::thank you::biggrin:

Greenheart

Veteran
I found that the butter was a bit thick to squeeze thru my french press without difficulty. Has anyone else tried the cheapy 33 cent nylon panty hose instead of cheesecloth? I had good results that way and they don't seem soak up and retain the butter like cheesecloth.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I found that the butter was a bit thick to squeeze thru my french press without difficulty. Has anyone else tried the cheapy 33 cent nylon panty hose instead of cheesecloth? I had good results that way and they don't seem soak up and retain the butter like cheesecloth.

I haven't tried panty hose. But I'd have to say I'm skeptical of my hands liking 180-200 degree oil. That butter seemed Way too hot to handle.

If you had problems with the French Press. Were you processing the mash while it was still hot? I did notice that it didn't take long to start thickening.

If the hunt goes well at the thrift store, or maybe just plain retail store. I'd like to try both the Potato Ricer and the French Coffee Press, against the strainer that I've got now.

It will probably be a while till I do another run however. I stored well over a hundred cookies, and put 3 cups of Canna Butter in the freezer yesterday.

Who knows what I'll do, since I can't legally sell any of it. And I've still got somewhere in the vicinity of 14oz, curing in the jars. I surely don't need to grow any more AK47 for a week or two anyway.:laughing::laughing:

Maybe something with a heavy Indica tilt? Keeping the pain away would be a good benefit. Ak doesn't seem to do anything but cure my depression. lol So a good pain killer would be all that, Im thinking.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I haven't tried panty hose. But I'd have to say I'm skeptical of my hands liking 180-200 degree oil. That butter seemed Way too hot to handle.

That's the main reason I'm a big fan of using kief or dry ice hash or even oil.

Minimal filtration, no touchee with the hands and you can really control the potency if you have a cheap digi scale. ;)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Sir_Syzurp

I made a batch of these last night, I doubled the recipe and made somewhere around 125 cookies, its making me think I made my cookies too large lol. Just tried a cookie I baked for myself (its the size of 3 of these cookies combined, with a nice raspberry jam thumbprint for some added flavor) we will see how heavy of a buzz I get from it and how long it takes to set in, I am hoping this one cookie gives me a buzz as my edible tolerance seems pretty high. My ghee was made with the typical 1 oz to 1 lb measurement, but was made from the shake of about 10 strains, so not exactly sure how that will effect potency.

bmaster

Batch'o'butter

Batch'o'butter

I also just made a batch'o'butter using 6 ozs of fresh sugar bud, which ended up 45 grams decarbed bud. I used a pound of butter to make ghee. I got just over a cup of cannabutter after all was said and done.

The cookies were awesome. 2-3 does me just fine.
The butter was so dark green it looked black.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I also just made a batch'o'butter using 6 ozs of fresh sugar bud, which ended up 45 grams decarbed bud. I used a pound of butter to make ghee. I got just over a cup of cannabutter after all was said and done.

The cookies were awesome. 2-3 does me just fine.
The butter was so dark green it looked black.

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42964&pictureid=1050885&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42964&pictureid=1050886&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42964&pictureid=1050887&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42964&pictureid=1050888&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42964&pictureid=1050889&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

All day? or at a time? heh, heh, heh

Greenheart

Veteran
Were you processing the mash while it was still hot? I did notice that it didn't take long to start thickening.
Yes it was hot. Within a minute or two of taking it out of the crock pot at least. Many people suggest the potato ricer. I just got one from goodwill for a couple bucks so will be trying it soon.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I'm liking the AK47 stuff. Guess maybe I'll have to grow another batch this fall.

I'm guessing the potency of the strain does really count. Tried a batch of cookies that somebody else had made, barely felt anything..... I'm learning. Slow study however. lol

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Hello, my english isn´t very well. The first time I ever made weedbutter before some weeks. 25 Gramm to 250 Gramm Butter.
Some pictures.

In the front the butter in the back the "Gruenkohl" for lunch.

picture.php

The result

picture.php

Before putting it overnight in the fridge.

picture.php

Next morning, the butter.

picture.php

And some days later, the cakes. Just had one. ;-)

picture.php

Last edited:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I like making weedbutter, my second try. This time 41 Gramm to 250 Gramm Butter. Butter made for cookies. Only good trim and minibuds.

Mix it.

picture.php

Sauerkraut and weedbutter in the making. In germany we say, to catch 2 flys with one hit :)

picture.php

Detail

picture.php

Some ordinary butter with the weedbutter, to come to right weight for the recipe

picture.php

and the cookies :)

picture.php

Thanks for watching.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I like making weedbutter, my second try. This time 41 Gramm to 250 Gramm Butter. Butter made for cookies. Only good trim and minibuds.

Mix it.

View Image

Sauerkraut and weedbutter in the making. In germany we say, to catch 2 flys with one hit :)

View Image

Detail

View Image

Some ordinary butter with the weedbutter, to come to right weight for the recipe

View Image

View Image

Thanks for watching.

"Some ordinary butter with the weedbutter, to come to right weight for the recipe"

HAHA! you're supposed to add more cannabutter, not straight butter.lol.:tiphat:

That one pic you have of the butter "Next morning, the butter". it looks like scrambled eggs.. never seen such yellow butter.. it looks correct in your first pic, green, in the bowl.. you went up to 41gr.. 28, not enough. Good stuff.:tiphat: next time, 60. cakes are fattening, you'll only have to eat ONE.

ZZTops

Veteran

Mix it.

View Image

View Image

Detail

View Image

View Image

View Image

Thanks for watching.

Your Hitting It Herman...:tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Awesome!

Only step I would change would be to pre-make the ghee. I pour the melted ghee (after skimming) through a wire strainer... gets rid of all the solid chunks that form on the bottom. Also makes it shelf-stable... meaning you don't have to keep it in the fridge. :)

Looks tasty! :D

Hydro, why do you skim the top first? wouldnt the cheese cloth get the froth too? makin ghee is not a 1 minute thing, if ya skim first then scoop the ghee leave the curds on the bottom with some 'ghee'. If cheesecloth the whole mess works, I'm in. I'm in anyway but it would be quicker. and why not just satrt with olive oil instead of ghee?:tiphat: SC is very nice though, thanks for your process.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hydro, why do you skim the top first? wouldnt the cheese cloth get the froth too?
Nah... when you pour it through the strainer/cheesecloth the liquid ghee pushes some of the froth through. Not good.

makin ghee is not a 1 minute thing
You're correct, it takes about 20 minutes (5 for the butter to melt and come to temp)

why not just satrt with olive oil instead of ghee?
Ghee is better for baking some things, tastes better on pancakes... both have their uses and I use both. :)

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Making butter & recipe on 1st page

Making butter & recipe on 1st page

:bump:

Works great. Both making the butter and the Cookie recipe.

Needed to check the recipe, so thought I'd bump the thread too.

Latest posts

Latest posts