What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Vaporizer

Iheartbud

I have been smoking for some awhile and love to use a few of my vaporizers from time to time. I love the taste, but the time it takes and how dry it makes my throat feel makes me sway to towards smoking. But with smoking comes a cough, which nobody enjoys. So I have been looking around for a new vaporizer and doing my research on some products, but before I purchase anything I wanted to have some more input from people rather than companies.

I currently own a digital box/whip vaporizer with a hands free glass joints and a vaporgenie. The problem with the box setup is that the user has to pull, and it is hard to get a huge rip without a lot of effort. Also, the vapor is hot and does not cool much before it enters the user. This is not a vaporizer that could replace smoking for me. The genie is awesome, but I want something better that can cool the vapor.

easy-vape-digital-vaporizer-bl-005.jpg

I have looked at the volcano, Vapir One, Vapezilla, and pretty much every other vaporizer out there. However none of them are exactly what I am looking for. For instance, the heating element used in the Volcano and how the vapor sits in a bag. Or with a whip, the vapor is hot and you have to pull, which is usually a lot of effort for a little hit. Well, I think I finally found one that can do what I am looking for. Has anybody on here used a heat gun to vaporize? You can use a bong you already own with a special bowl, add ice for cooling or even water if you please.

I found a deal for one that is not too expensive,
http://www.gotvape.com/offers/gun_bowl_offer.php

There are some better heat guns and kits, but the get a little pricey. The Vriptech is an example of this. However their website was very helpful, maybe some of you would like to check out this article:

http://www.vriptech.com/comp.htm

007kit_l.jpg

So, should I buy the digital heat gun or would I be wasting my money and just go back to smoking? I want a vape that can provide big amounts a vapor. I would imagine using a heat gun and a glass bong with their special bowls would allow me to get some pretty big and tasty vape hits. If anyone has had any experience with these please feel free to provide some insight for me.

Naturally

Iheartbud said:
The genie is awesome, but I want something better that can cool the vapor.
you must have the 2nd generation vaporgenie, cause i have the 1st & it is nothing more than a pita, talk about a work-out to get a decent hit, that is if you can keep from overheating the herb !

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In 2004 I bought a Vapir one and it was rubbish. I thought vaps were awful, fiddly, takes lots of time, plugged into the wall etc.

So I smoke and have alway smoked lots of joints. I use cannabis to treat anxiety and depression, which lead to lot's of joints. Recently I tried a volcano at a mates house and was very impressed. So much so I went out and bought one myself.

It's really simple to use, takes a minute or two to heat up, and I love the balloons! No longer confined to my smoking room when I want to medicate, I'm now free to wander around the house with my bag of vap. The taste is awesome too and that pesky cough has gone.

So for me, it's a big thumbs up for the Volcano (but there might be cheaper models out there that are just as good, I just haven't tried them so I can't comment).

Pre-vaped on the left, Post-vaped on the right.

Iheartbud

Dragor said:
Hands Down the Best Vaporizer right here:
http://www.vapezilla.com/Vaporizer-Products/Digital-Vaporizer.html#

The heat gun with glass bong is a bit too much unnecessary work to get a clean smoking experience - not to mention the many dangers it encompasses (broken bowl pieces, accidental burns in general smoking area, touching heat gun or knocking it over, etc..).

I have a feeling the vapezilla would be too much like the box/whip I have now. Have you actually used the vapezilla? I want something that heats the bud to release the vapors rather then me having to pull on the herb. Also, you cannot cool the vapors with this product. Which is why I think a heat gun/bong for vape would be good. I'd rather deal with setting up a heat gun than deal with a cough from all the tar from smoking.

Naturally said:
you must have the 2nd generation vaporgenie, cause i have the 1st & it is nothing more than a pita, talk about a work-out to get a decent hit, that is if you can keep from overheating the herb !

I'm not sure what generation it is, but the genie takes time to perfect and you have to take slow hits, using a small amount of bud. I like using it for a quick taste or hit, but not to use all night. For some it is easier than others. When attempting to have friends use it they usually give up before they get a proper hit. I want a vape where you dont have to learn how to hit it or hit it a certain way for it to work. Because most people I know like ease, and say "lets just smoke it". Well I want that ease in a vaporizer. I hope the heat gun/bong vaporizer provides it.

215Z

Steinel ECD. "Limited Edition" with more accessories than you'll ever use goes for $150 on Amazon.

G

I'm sure people don't consider it the best but my Vapolution has never let me down. Cheap, easy to use and glass on glass. I just can't see myself dropping $500 on a Volcano however I have never used one yet :D.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi!

I have a Volcano and so far I'm happy with it. I guess the only thing that would make me change my mind was if it stopped working and the 5 year warranty didn't cover the fix up. But of course I don't expect that to happen ;)

I've also tryed Vapir and Verdamper. The Verdamper is really good also, the Vapir did not convince me.

Good gardens!

Silver Surfer gets the job done!

Silver Surfer gets the job done!

BillowingBudMkr said:
Does anybody think the silver surfer is any good? I was thinking of getting this with the Ice chamber too cool?

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MADE SILVER SURFER VAPE definitely fits the bill for numerous patients throughout Colorado and beyond!! Although, one patient reports it having been available at a 'head' shop for upwards of $275., the manufacturer has helped statewide patient collective(s) with significant savings for legal patients.

YES, the ICE CHAMBER ATTACHMENT is very popular and quite effective, also.
http://www.silversurfervap.com/herbalvaporizerinformation.htm

Last edited:

2ezy

In my experience, you get what you pay for in regards to Vaporizers.

I have a few different types and the Volcano is easily the best one I own.

Echoes

I've smoked out of a digital hot box model before and it was pretty nice. Takes about 5 minutes for it to warm-up but other than that it's not too bad. I think my friend got it for around $150. Also got a t-shirt and grinder with it.

On another note: My friend and I used his hot box and ran that tube down the diffuser of my 2ft Lux w/ water and ice. Smoothest hits ever. Best of both worlds, I'd say.

215Z

I really like the volcano, but a Steinel ECD has a cleaner heating element and a slower fan, and the slower fan makes for thicker vapor... using a Volcano Valve Set and oven bag from Storz & Bickel, at the end you have the same portable bag to carry around and hit from. Heat guns are not as convenient as a table-top unit like the Volcano, but if you don't have mobility issues how hard is it to hold the gun facing up long enough to inflate the balloon?

You will need a spacer to easily hold the volcano 'bowl' on to the end of the gun, and while I have seen people use the metal-wire spacers for handymen to holster their recently-operated heat guns on their belt without burning themselves, in Cali glass blowers make pyrex spacers that IMO are safer (cooler to the touch) and more convenient.

rsteeb

I like the Volcano, but am not excessively patient... hence the addition of the silicone tube (with glass tube mouthpiece), which allows you to immediately toke the first vapes out of the chamber (taste the terpines!)

The addition of a couple of spring-loaded hooks keeps the chamber firmly on the base while in use.

When I'm in a BIG hurry, I use a [Milwaukee 8986-20] heat gun rather than the Volcano base!

Be well! :wave:

Mr.GigglesAlot

Do you ever think the volcano will ever reduce significantly in price?

They should make a cheaper one, thats like.....half the size...I'd buy it.

Last edited:
O

ogatec

rsteeb said:

I like the Volcano, but am not excessively patient... hence the addition of the silicone tube (with glass tube mouthpiece), which allows you to immediately toke the first vapes out of the chamber (taste the terpines!)

The addition of a couple of spring-loaded hooks keeps the chamber firmly on the base while in use.

When I'm in a BIG hurry, I use a [Milwaukee 8986-20] heat gun rather than the Volcano base!

Be well! :wave:

lol i have a simular setup with the tubing when i get bored. i call it the ghetto blaster, because it looks pretty ghetto but gets u blasted! i turn the heat all the way up and suck faster than the fan puts out creating BIG hits!

Scay Beez

IMHO

Hardest hit - Vriptech or similar heatgun and bong setup.

Smoothest most medicinal hit - Aromed

- sbz

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
BillowingBudMkr said:
Does anybody think the silver surfer is any good? I was thinking of getting this with the Ice chamber too cool?

I love my SS. I've owned 3 vapes, no 4, and the SS is my fav. I have the water/bubbler attachment and it rocks. No dry throat

Latest posts

Latest posts