What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why would plant wilt after waterimg.

Im going on thenfirst week of flower and I let plant dry out till it starts to wilt some before watering and my plants all wilt after I water I even heat water to to above 75 f to see if that would help but don't they still wilt for about 6 hrs then healthy til needs water again then wilts again after watering.....

Hope. Some 1 can help.. Its not over watering I experienced that and usaly last for days not hrs dose look like over watering but defiantly not over watering

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants may droop a little after 17 hrs of light, but at 12 hrs I don't have a clue. This is a soil grow?

What time of day are you feeding?
I always try to feed before the start of the "day"

My lights come on at 7 pm but been having to feed at 10 pm some times 1am due to work they look so good after fue hrs what throws me off.. Probably where I never added any thing at all so ff soil only thing I can think usaly use half soil half them white rocks I know what there called just can't spell it lol..

This what they look like 6 hrs later. They did way better when I was only giving a gal of water or less in 5 gal pots but was told I need to give moor water.. I was still getting run off when only giving a gal.. You think a gal of water is enough for a 5 gal bucket. They liked that better. I was thinking I could water with less the a gal when feeding then water with a gal or lil moor when just watering seams that worked better no wilting when I do that was just worried I get salt build upm

Attachments

• bill
    bill
    26.6 KB · Views: 22

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use 5 gallon containers with FF Happy Frog Soil and give them pretty much a gallon of water/nutes. As long as you are getting some run off outta the drainage holes you're good. Just make sure when watering you dont dump too much water at one time where the weight of the water creates a hole in the soil, letting the water flow too quickly to the drainage holes.

With the info you provided, I'm sure they are drooping because of all the excess water.

I use 5 gallon containers with FF Happy Frog Soil and give them pretty much a gallon of water/nutes. As long as you are getting some run off outta the drainage holes you're good. Just make sure when watering you dont dump too much water at one time where the weight of the water creates a hole in the soil, letting the water flow too quickly to the drainage holes.

With the info you provided, I'm sure they are drooping because of all the excess water.

YeA every 1 says use around a gal and a half in 5 gal buckets.. But I get way to much run off.. I get run off before hole gal is used up.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Man, I used to do everything ppl said. Truth is, even if they are more experienced, what works for them, might not work for you. If it's not broke, dont fix it! Lol. From what you said, it was fine before, then the peanut gallery started telling you stuff and getting in your head.

I have even been the peanut gallery before. Told my friend to do this n that, even though his grow was ok. Hey it works well for me....some of it didnt work too well for him. Hahahaha. You know what they say...listen to the plants. Seems like you already heard what they were saying before you even posted...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Pretend you're taking the plant and stuffing it into a container. Use about the same water as the plant would take up.

Any excess and it slows the natural cycle of wet/dry, as the plant actually absorbs and uses the water. ;)

You should consider hempy buckets!
Try to steer clear of soil, unless you mix up a batch of organic supersoil.

I believe in cocopeat and perlite(the white rocks - actually volcanic glass) Airation and water retention is optimum.
Resevoir in hempy prohibits over watering and drying out of medium!

p.s. remember to sterilise coco to prevent spider mites

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You should consider hempy buckets!
Try to steer clear of soil, unless you mix up a batch of organic supersoil.

I believe in cocopeat and perlite(the white rocks - actually volcanic glass) Airation and water retention is optimum.
Resevoir in hempy prohibits over watering and drying out of medium!

p.s. remember to sterilise coco to prevent spider mites
Good tip on the coco sterilizing.

The OP is looking for a solution to their existing issue, not a new grow setup/method. ;)

MrBungle

I use 5 gal smart pots.... which dry out faster than buckets.... My average watering is a half gallon, but once every 10-14 days I will give them a full gallon.. This is just in case there's dry spots that I've been missing with the 1/2 gallon waterings.... I also use saucers under my pots to prevent run off

I use 5 gal smart pots.... which dry out faster than buckets.... My average watering is a half gallon, but once every 10-14 days I will give them a full gallon.. This is just in case there's dry spots that I've been missing with the 1/2 gallon waterings.... I also use saucers under my pots to prevent run off
1/2 gal every day or 2?? I'm in flower afraid of getting salt build up lol.. But I read that if you don't over feed then salt build up won't be a issue.. I was giving half gallon waterings but bumped it up.. I got 5 plants in a 4x4 that filled scrog other the 1/2ft of the tent needed it for humidifier fan and some other shit I'm 7 days into flower and 5 to 6 inches above screen in growth.. I should have scrog. Some moor lol