What's new

Does anyone know how to file a patent in Canada?

BigJohnny

Long story short I see that Summit likes to patent every-freaking-thing they make.

Well I've had a couple of ideas and would like to patent those ideas in a similar fashion....... but alas, I know not how or even where to start.

Is anyone familiar with this process and could point me in the right direction or detail what needs to happen to get the patent.

and yes I already know I have to search for the idea to see if it's been made/patented....but let's just assume for the moment that I'm solid in that regard and my idea is original.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hire a patent lawyer. Likely be cheaper in the long run. Nothing worse than paying out big money and realizing you made a mistake that invalidates all your patent and staring at those non-refundable fees.

dank.Frank

JRace

Oh geez, if only I had thought to use the most readily resource available that surely would've solved all my problems.

I seriously give the fuck up on life. I'm about two steps away from offing myself and I don't need this shit.
I don't get it...what info do you think ICMag could provide that is not found by a google search?

If you want to get a patent then follow the first link:
https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/h_wr03652.html

Just don't fool yourself thinking that this will be either cheap or easy.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh geez, if only I had thought to use the most readily resource available that surely would've solved all my problems.

I seriously give the fuck up on life. I'm about two steps away from offing myself and I don't need this shit.

Welcome to the club.

I think DF has the best route.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran

I wasn't trying to be rude or snarky, when I googled it I saw a wealth of information so I just copied the link.

Sorry you are feeling down, please look to the positives in life and reach out to loved ones who can hopefully help you get well.

Pm me if you want to vent or just talk. I am more than happy to help anyway I can.

Best vibes

Latest posts

Latest posts