What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA Outdoor Grow Security

brown_thumb

I live in a crappy state regarding MJ laws (south Texas). I have a few plants I'm growing for medical needs.

I live on two acres but my back yard is fenced off with 8 feet tall metal panels. The gates are locked and no one can see what's in there except from the air. The area is 30x65 linear feet.

Since I'm searching for MMJ strains, I want to grow several varieties to find what helps the most. I want to grow 20-40 plants at a time until I find the best mother(s) to make clones.

Should I worry about flyovers??

brown_thumb

Sounds like you would be in felony territory if caught. Very risky.
https://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2

You can still achieve you goals indoors, just on a smaller scale. What medical needs are you growing for?

True... I could lose everything I own plus my freedom.

However, this state leaves me few choices: Either I take the poisons offered by greedy pharma at prices I can't afford to pay, do without any treatment, or risk growing my own meds.

I bought CMH 315w fixtures to grow indoors but I've yet to convert the grow space due to lack of funds. So, for now, I must grow outside.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try lst-ing your plants as much as possible, they'll be less seen from the sky...and maybe plant them as small patchs, and use the vegetation to hide them a bit.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep plant count minimal. A good plant can be found with only a few growing.

brown_thumb

I neglected to answer Green Squall's question: I'm searching for Parkinson's Disease treatment or cure, and for other ills.

Thanks for the advice so far. Spreading the plants out and hiding them among brush, etc. is a good idea but I wouldn't be physically able to care for them. I need them all close together to minimize physical difficulty.

I'll consider growing fewer plants but want to assure I grow plenty because stuff happens... they could all lollipop or otherwise produce little, some probably will die, and one friend is a shameless moocher.

I was hoping I wouldn't need to be stealthy as long as nothing can be seen from the ground. Trespassers could find them if they find a gate to go through but those folks are up to no good so all they might do is steal. Trespassers aren't likely to report their findings because it would implicate them for their crime.

My major concern is aircraft flying over, searching for grows. How likely is it I need to worry?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Trespassers aren't likely to report their findings because it would implicate them for their crime.

here in TN, trespassers get a "get out of jail free" card if they are reporting a crime. police will NOT prosecute if you find a still, pot patch, stolen cars, buried bodies etc. i know a fellow that the local LEO had a convicted burglar break into his house so the alarm would go off while he was at work & they got to respond to the "scene of the crime". oddly enough, they took a drug-sniffing dog to respond to a burglar alarm. burglar got a reduction in sentence for "cooperation". they took this fellows house, got him fired from his job, plus a jail sentence. strangely, his house burned down before they could auction it off. karma? i think NOT! fucking pigs...

brown_thumb

Yes, confiscation laws are one of the many evils of our thieving Oligarchy. However, my supposition is, most stupid thieves aren't likely to know those laws and even if they do, they're not likely to take the risk. I'm really more worried about aerial reconnaissance.

St. Phatty

Should I worry about flyovers??

Christ yes.

There was an article in Sinsemilla Tips about 30 years ago, written by a guy in Humboldt.

He built a custom greenhouse with 50% shade-cloth. He described the feeling of standing in the greenhouse with his plants during a flyover, where he could see the plane and he was finding out if they could see him.

He survived to write the article.

Losing 50% of your light makes it hard for the plant to really perform. Another stealth option is to use high-efficiency LED lighting under the shade-cloth.

As long as the temps don't get too hot, your plants get enough light.

I would do a fly-over myself, using one of those contract pilots with small planes.

See what your set-up looks like from up above.

troutman

Seed Whore
Flyovers are probably rare if you keep quiet and don't tell anyone anything.

You may want to try to keep your plants short for the 1st time out.

60 trees that are 15' tall in a backyard overnight may stick out a little. :laughing:

brown_thumb

Okay, this pushes me harder to build a grow room... maybe this springtime? For now, I have no option but to take the risk. I can't afford to pay a pilot to fly me over my property.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yes it does.I live in bumfuct Egypt and I heard through the grapevine that even here the police are using drones to bust people. (Illinois) so even I'm not gonna have a big crop cause I'm not risking it.get a drone and fly it over your property.if you can see it they can see it

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the advice so far. Spreading the plants out and hiding them among brush, etc. is a good idea but I wouldn't be physically able to care for them. I need them all close together to minimize physical difficulty.

Then you may have to use the old red painted ping pong balls trick...from within a distance it'll looks like you're growing tomatoes :)

But if you're able to get on on your knees you could use tent poles and string to "horizontalize" your plants as close as possible to the ground, this way you'll be able to keep them as small as 3 feet by the end of flowering ( if they 're indica dom, double that if they 're sativa)

St. Phatty

Just try to keep the plants less than 5 feet tall and don't tell anyone. :tiphat:

Good Luck

One of my neighbors has an acre grow with a 6 foot fence and you can't see a thing.

I'm dying to go ask for a tour.

The tops of my plants are 7+ feet off the ground (base at about 2 feet off the ground).

brown_thumb

Yes it does.I live in bumfuct Egypt and I heard through the grapevine that even here the police are using drones to bust people. (Illinois) so even I'm not gonna have a big crop cause I'm not risking it.get a drone and fly it over your property.if you can see it they can see it

Well then... those who risk other peoples' property and freedom for personal gain are absolute scum and are miserable cowards.

brown_thumb

Then you may have to use the old red painted ping pong balls trick...from within a distance it'll looks like you're growing tomatoes :)

But if you're able to get on on your knees you could use tent poles and string to "horizontalize" your plants as close as possible to the ground, this way you'll be able to keep them as small as 3 feet by the end of flowering ( if they 're indica dom, double that if they 're sativa)

Ha ha... lots of red Christmas tree glodes. I love it!! :D

I'll definitely stake them down to no taller than 3 feet (100cm)... 5 feet for any monsters.

brown_thumb

One of my neighbors has an acre grow with a 6 foot fence and you can't see a thing.

I'm dying to go ask for a tour.

The tops of my plants are 7+ feet off the ground (base at about 2 feet off the ground).

Wow, that's great. I wouldn't DARE try that here though. :D