What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just a mom looking for advice

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chocolate milkshake, extra chocolate syrup. The cold may help mask the taste.

NOT a good idea.

Processed foods and added sugars should be avoided in an autism diet. Artificial flavorings and coloring agents, spices and seasonings can act as triggers to autistic behavior. In addition to these, foods to avoid with autism include those that contain gluten and casein. [Casein refers to milk protein found in milk and milk products like yogurt, butter, cheese, buttermilk and clarified butter].

Chocolates, sweets, cookies and baked foods, fast foods, and highly refined carbohydrates are believed to be foods that cause autism. They are not well digested, and the undigested gluten and milk protein cause harmful effect on the brain cells.
Autism diet plan comprises naturally occurring fresh vegetables and fruits. Processed foods that are high in sodium and sugars are best avoided. Breakfast may include fresh fruit, fortified cereals, or rice dishes and lean meat like chicken or turkey slices. Lunch would mainly consist of a serving of meat, baked beans or legumes, vegetables, and foods consisting of omega-3-fatty oils like fish. Supper can be relatively light, and again include smaller servings of carbohydrates, proteins, and lean meat or fish. Snacks could be a handful of nuts or dried fruits. Seasonal fruits, eaten fresh, are also a good snack between meals, if required. The autism diet plan should mainly try to avoid foods that contain casein and gluten. It is considered that they are not digested well in the body, and the resulting opiate like proteins trigger autistic behavior in children.

Autism foods should be carefully selected in the diet menu of children so that they do not trigger any negative behavioral responses. Gluten is believed to remain in undigested form as opiate proteins, which have a detrimental effect on the nervous system. Gluten is present in wheat, rye, barley, oats, bran, and so on. Gluten free foods for autism that can be safely consumed include a diet consisting of bread or cereals made of rice, corn, arrow root, soy, millet, tapioca and potato. Foods to eat with autism ought to be rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins. Vitamins and minerals should also be obtained from the diet in addition to essential fatty acids. They can be had as supplements or obtained from fresh fruits and vegetables.

https://www.diethealthclub.com/health-issues-and-diet/autism.html

Cookie Hill

What does he eat?
Currently he eats a traditional dish from Costa Rica- arroz con pollo, french fries or fried potatoes, apples, nectarines, organic fruit snacks, graham crackers, sourdough french bread, rotisserie chicken, chicken nuggets, chicken strips, some cheese pizza, original flavor Sun Chips, dried mango, popcorn, and sometimes chocolate chip cookies. He does like skittles and starburst, but only gets them occasionally for holidays etc.

His diet is better than most kids on the spectrum that we know, but it's limited that's for sure.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Start with very low dose in soup or in the arroz con pollo. Better saturated with small amount of fat/oil....chicken nuggets are laden with chemicals, but if that's what he eats, try that.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
What about gummies, fruit roll ups, cotton candy... Can infuse chicken rice n beans, fruit snacks. Cookies r the easiest...

northstate

ICMag Donor
Hats off to Cookie Hill for being a very dedicated person and great mother. You sound level headed in your search and I wish you two the best. Emulsifying the product in a coconut oil base would allow you to cook with it or add it after to meals and I'm kind of stumped too. Toothpaste? add a few drops to the toothbrush or make a mouthwash with tincture? Keep trying and keep us posted and if you need help from the IC community please reach out.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Hello Cookie, I was lucky to be an on-line friend of Medjool, what an awesome lady! I had a different handle back then, she is missed.

I would give your son a nice bud so he can play with it with his hands so he can see how nice the cannabis flowers smell and are, a nice bud on a stem that smells good, and that way he may make a positive association to the plant; I'd also roll and smoke next to him to see if it interests him...I did this with an ex-neighbor and his kid who has trisomia and now the kid loves it, even though he also doesn't understand how to smoke, so his dad blows the smoke on his face, the dad is not a smoker and doesn't inhale himself, last time I spoke with him over the phone, he said he transformed a gas-mask to fill it with smoke while his son wears it. The kid now understands the connection between the smoke and getting dosed.

Good luck!

redlaser

Veteran
Originally I asked the doctor about that and he said he didn't know anyone who had been successful with it. But I was wondering about that, because I do rub essential oils on his feet and diffuse them too_Of course I don't have access to that amount of flower anymore.

It's up to you of course, but I wouldn't let one doctor's probably limited experience with cannabis keep you from trying the coconut oil/ cannabis concentrate applied on the skin.
Find a CBD rosin or water hash and heat it in the oven at 210 degrees for 20-30 minutes to decarboxylate it to make it more available. Mix one part decarb oil to four parts coco oil.
Apply a small amount at first ( less than .1 grams cannabis) during sleep if you think that is best. Somewhere where it won't be rubbed off for half an hour because it's mostly gone in 20 minutes.

Now that I think about it I'm not 100% sure you need to decarb CBD. It's very effective with Thc and thca though, so I am assuming it helps with CBD.

shithawk420

Veteran
Whoa whoa whoa!a gas mask on his own kid?how old is he?you know that's prison time.that's really fucking stupid.thats straight up asphyxiation.ma as well just strangle the kid.if I saw that I don't know what I'd do.probably be two people going to jail.I'm sure I'd get let off though

Dog Star

Veteran
Superfoods like mollasses,dried beer yiest,royal jelly,flower polen,propolis can
made his body stronger,also look for some great probiotic in dust or natural kefir
that you could do it for him if you have natural milk,not use those from shop..

Good probiotics have power to heal a lot of seriouss illnesses.. remember that
tummy is center if you wish to achive better health or help your son.

Also as i reading you are in Cali... pretty much poluted place.. also you was hitted
by Fukushima plume in 2011 and it lasts till this day.. they didnt estinguish those havoc.

How long this illness lasts on him,he get ill lately or this state lasts for longer time??

Children are more sensitive on radiation cause they cells absorb more cause of a faster
metabolism.. old people will also show faster damage of radiation as they cant replicate
cells in a way they did it when they was younger.

People that know claim that all this hard illnesses come from polution.. industrial,agricultural,nuclear or chemical.. those ones are guilty for our illnesses and those ones that we love.

Wish you best and that your kid live long and prosperous

N

NewAgeGenetics

give him extra strong cookies... when he is hungry! don't give him food for some hours than the cookies... for example firts meal of the day. than he can trippin' all day, every childs dream! lol

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Whoa whoa whoa!a gas mask on his own kid?how old is he?you know that's prison time.that's really fucking stupid.thats straight up asphyxiation.ma as well just strangle the kid.if I saw that I don't know what I'd do.probably be two people going to jail.I'm sure I'd get let off though

lol don't over-react, the kid is around 17 by now, and the mask is not air-tight, and the kid has a medical cannabis prescription, his doctors are aware of this. I failed to mention that the kid also refuses to eat anything laced with cannabis, and what he does actually eat is pretty limited. He gets dosed twice a day, 1-2 grams per time, and it has improved his quality of life significantly.

shithawk420

Veteran
So kids underage can legally smoke or does he eat the bud whole?didn't mean to overreact.thought it was a little kid

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
The boy doesn't know how to smoke, just like the OP's son, and also is a very picky eater, so that's why his dad came up with the gas mask idea, I haven't seen the mask so don't know details, but he burns 1-2 grams per dose and lets his boy breathe in the smoke in the mask without any issues. The boy has Trisomia 18 though, different from autism.

troutman

Seed Whore
Currently he eats a traditional dish from Costa Rica- arroz con pollo, french fries or fried potatoes, apples, nectarines, organic fruit snacks, graham crackers, sourdough french bread, rotisserie chicken, chicken nuggets, chicken strips, some cheese pizza, original flavor Sun Chips, dried mango, popcorn, and sometimes chocolate chip cookies. He does like skittles and starburst, but only gets them occasionally for holidays etc.

His diet is better than most kids on the spectrum that we know, but it's limited that's for sure.

Hide it in his ketchup so when he eats french fries he'll never know.

Hide it in his plum sauce so when he eats his chicken strips he'll never know.

Ketchup, plum sauce and other condiments taste strong and will help camouflage the cannabis extract. :huggg:

You get the idea. :tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
There is a lot going on here, my opinion is to treat
the self induced vomiting, and cut down the saturated fats, natch

Not going to happen overnight.

Back in the 80's, lemon juice therapy was introduced,
look into that for the vomiting.

He will only self administer, there is little chance in tricking/forcing him.
Cannabis can only work if its ingested, no matter the transport method.

His behavior needs to be gently modified to allow his medication dosed,
often happens while you least expect it.

Have low dose medicine available to him, without the stress of a dosing event,
and he may accept it on his terms.

Keep tabs on his ingestion and hope for the best.

W

wildkender

there is no overdose when I eat cookies. the more is the better/longer (trip).

JVonChron

they make trans dermal patches now...not that you would need to, but you could put it somewhere on the back where its un-reachable...I ran into a guy in a dispensary waiting room once and he was vending them. trying to remember what dispensary I was at, but with the aid of big canna sites you can find people vending them I am sure.