What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girlfriend is a Teacher. . . .

STS9

So, long story short, been working in the industry processing for a couple years. Trim, Bubble, ect. I am in a medical state by the way. My girl teaches Elementary and the discussion of having a small (2x600w) setup in the back bedroom or garage has come up. We live in a house.
She is obviously a little worried about it. What are some of your opinions, and experience with something like this? Anyone know any teachers, or people who live with teachers that have gardens?

dddaver

Veteran
2 600s can put out a lot of weed, way more than just you two could use yourselves. And just a personal grow would be all I could advise in her position. They come down hard on teachers who violate. Especially an elementary school teacher. It could screw up her whole life. She worked long and hard to get that. It's called moral turpitude and could follow her even if she moved out of state. Things are changing, but they haven't changed enough for that yet.

So rule #1, not telling ANYONE, would have to be discussed between you two and strictly enforced. If that were done, I say go for it. The rewards are endless. But I think you should consider scaling way back, strictly personal if this grow is to be at your house. Even one 400 could probably fit your needs. Lot cheaper too.

I have a vested opinion about that in particular. :tiphat:

You can buy a lot of weed for a million dollars. A career in public education is worth over a million dollars in wages and benefits.

STS9

For sure, and we have been talking about it a lot. She is obviously nervous. The other option is me renting some space at a friends who has a warehouse. Only problem is, I'm a control freak and don't like the idea of having to work around his schedule and (not so clean) space.
He has had been battling mites, PM, and a number of other problems that are directly related to his ability to keep a clean work space.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey sts9...
IMHO business partners etc don't seem to work in our thing,,,,,
If your girlfriend could lose her career plus pension and medical benefits then you seriously have to weigh up if it's worth it,,,,bloody harsh in the USA on girlfriends and partners but I imagine that changes if you become married,, ,,,,
As others have said 2 x 600w can give you a heap of cannabis so maybe a 400w but a lot at risk and a lot to lose if Leo ever come calling,,,best of luck,,,,,,peace and regards,,,944s2

Dab Strudel

For sure, and we have been talking about it a lot. She is obviously nervous. The other option is me renting some space at a friends who has a warehouse. Only problem is, I'm a control freak and don't like the idea of having to work around his schedule and (not so clean) space.
He has had been battling mites, PM, and a number of other problems that are directly related to his ability to keep a clean work space.

I hate to be the dick, but I will for her sake.-
SHE is worried about her career that she worked so hard to get in order to get paid shit in order to teach kids of tomorrow aka she has her dream job.

YOU are worried about being in control and having to work around someone elses schedule...... Kinda really dickish hombre.

Get a grow tent if hes not clean. If hes really that dirty get one big tent and one small tent. put the small tent in the big tent and grow in the small tent, leaving you room to suit up to go in the grow room. Dont be an asshat. Shes got the job of her dreams. Outside this life style how many people can say that? It shouldnt even be in question if you have the means to do it elsewhere. Do a DWC and learn how to set it and forget it for a week at a time. this way you only have to go in their 15 times instead of every other day. Sorry for being rude, I know teachers and how know how sensitive that subject is... I hope you dont make any hash oil in the house/neighborhood. Thats a million times worse for her.. maybe the same results but worse in the eyes of her colleges and friends if ever something happens. We all play with fire, but we are prepared to watch it all burn. If you cant take the heat, get outta the kitchen. :comfort: :huggg: Im not against you fam, I am for you and your household. Dont risk the biscuit brother.

STS9

Appreciate the advice, could do without the condescending childish response. I don't smoke BHO, and would never make it. I love when someone says "sorry for being rude" right after calling someone a dick, real classy.

marrdogg

Veteran
You have to be approved by the state to become a teacher. If your state is legal she can obtain and posses a med card. Now as far as the teachers board is concerned they have discretion to terminate or keep employed, but she will face no criminal charges.
Hope that helps.
PEACE!

STS9

Yeah,we have talked about that as well. She wouldn't be involved in any way, other than living in the same house as the garden. I guess my buddies spot is the smart choice. Just wish I had a situation where I could check in on the reg if need be. For everyone that gave advice, I appreciate it, for everyone else, kick rocks.

STS9

It's not that bad, it's just a sloppy garden. He pulled 4lbs from 6,000w last harvest. He is just to messy, unorganized, and generally sloppy for my taste. But I suppose I will just build a small room and do my thing. I completely trust him if that's what you mean in regards to the cam.
I just kinda want to do my own thing, my own genetics. I suppose once I get something set up I will just end up cleaning his space up for him for my own sanity.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If there's trepidation from the get-go, that only breeds paranoia later. Yes, teachers, medical professionals, others licensed by state and National auspices can be revoked if caught. Just because one is in a "legal" state doesn't mean a surprise urine screen will not be impacted. Take for instance the MMJ patient at Best Buy. Positive urine screen....most states are "at will" employers, meaning they can fire for any reason.

If you are already asking, "Should I do this?", then you already know the answer. Short answer: Don't.

Dab Strudel

It's not that bad, it's just a sloppy garden. He pulled 4lbs from 6,000w last harvest. He is just to messy, unorganized, and generally sloppy for my taste. But I suppose I will just build a small room and do my thing. I completely trust him if that's what you mean in regards to the cam.
I just kinda want to do my own thing, my own genetics. I suppose once I get something set up I will just end up cleaning his space up for him for my own sanity.

Maybe that is the heads to your tails. You should grow at his spot and make it all to be a favorable situation for both sides. Grow together, and teach him to be a better, more productive, cleaner grower. You have the resources here to be an amazing grower. Every style of growing has their own perks, but it is the grower that makes the quality herb. Pick the nutes that you can handle per attention and cost. Try going orgainic (doesnt have to be 100% organic to suit yall needs, but will be a hell of a harvest when your thru). Understanding the herb makes the journey that much more enjoyable. It is like a expansion pack to a real life situation (if you are/were a gamer).

As for being a dick, I told you I meant to. I wanted you to shut down the thought completely and give you a reason why. I do apologize if I hurt your feelings. I would have sent it in a message but you dont have 50 posts.. We all do shit we shouldnt. Id bet good money that a lot of teachers have grows on their property. Most dream jobs dont pay enough to support the house so I wouldnt put it past every teacher (or mind) to have a basement/shed full of plants to augment. My goal was to turn your back from being one of those folks risking the dream and humility. Its not even worth the thought if you can drag your sack on the ground for a little bit to do it elsewhere. Happiness isnt the destination brother, its the journey. Death is the destination :peacock: Help your buddy help you and help him in the process. Its a noble thing to help someone without ever letting them know, betterso if they think they are helping you :tiphat: I dont mean any harm, sometimes I don't know how to lead with the right foot and make my way to my destination.

STS9

No worries, no hurt feelings, just thought you were a bit rash. At any rate, it takes a level head to come back with an honest and sincere post like yours above. Appreciate it. We had a talk last night and I have indeed decided to setup shop at my buddies. Should have everything set up and vegging in the next couple weeks. I'll start a grow journal when the time comes. I don't really want to run his genetics, but I gotta start somewhere.
I should have my own line ready by the time the first harvest is done. Any recs on top shelf seeds to look for? Also, what is everyones preferred nutrients to use? My buddy does a lot of teas and stuff like that, but I'm afraid if I fallow his lead my garden will end up looking like a clone of his. I'm looking to pick up knowledge while simultaneously keeping my own look/feel/quality inside my tent.
Thanks all.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Fuk it teachers make shit anyway.... probably take home more off 2 600s...... i love how wifes gfs feel there job is SO important. ... unless they makin real money. Only thing its good for is gettin them the fuck out of my world for a day.. UNFORTUNATELY for me my wifes job is spendin money. .... wish i could stick her in a classroom or even better a drive thrue,..... id pay any fast food place 50 n hr to see that shit....

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Listen to DDDDaver.
A small personal grow 600 watt grow can produce way more than you could smoke between the two of you.
Do not speak of your grow is the biggest thing.Never ever to no one.
Just come on here to speak about it.:)
Next is maybe have your girl list her residence at another address.

Hope it works out great

STS9

Thanks everyone. Already setting up at my buddies place. I'll start a grow journal in a couple weeks. Running half Blue Dream, and half Super Lemon x Grandaddy Purple.

Latest posts

Latest posts