What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vaporizing cannabis oil versus bud

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I'm curious if vaporizing cannabis oil is the same as vaporizing bud. Are dabs and vape pens actually vaporizing or is it combustion?

I've been vaporizing bud for quite a while with vape boxes, volcanoes, and heater guns. But now days when I tell people I vape they automatically think dabs or vape pens...

chipper68

Man, I hope someone chimes in with some suggestions.

I'm MMJ for Pain among other things, and I use RSO type oils / Cannasilk.

However, my stomach gets a bit slow/const. from the oils at times, and I asked the dispensary about it, they suggested a titanium nail/water pipe etc..

Only thing I've found so far that may work for me is using a vape (I have a solo / hardly used) and it *looks* like I/we can place oil in cotton and turn up heat a bit and that would work?

Myself, I'm looking alternative to under tongue method and straight smoke

theJointedOne

Veteran
Man, I hope someone chimes in with some suggestions.

I'm MMJ for Pain among other things, and I use RSO type oils / Cannasilk.

However, my stomach gets a bit slow/const. from the oils at times, and I asked the dispensary about it, they suggested a titanium nail/water pipe etc..

Only thing I've found so far that may work for me is using a vape (I have a solo / hardly used) and it *looks* like I/we can place oil in cotton and turn up heat a bit and that would work?

Myself, I'm looking alternative to under tongue method and straight smoke

Have you tried edibles? The Solo is a great product, and works great for many patients. You can get some organic cotton and place oil on there and then tape in the Solo.

As far as the OP; most folks are combusting when they dab using a water pipe aka a rig. Depending on the brand and style, most vape pens are vaporizing, but it is a fine line between vape and combust, it really depends on the style of pen.

Latest posts

Latest posts