What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bomb Seeds

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola all, grown MrGreengenes CB, seed from him. went 12/12 from sprout, and had the fist sized cherry buds on the 2 females. i found plenty of cherry flavor and taste in the plants.

id veg and prune instead of 12/12 from sprout. i did get nanners on um, but i will chalk that up to the OP and the force flowerin.

the outcross to Haze turned out well, and no nanners found.

MrG, hit me up when ya get some finished seed, would like to go around again:D

CBF

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
will do. just got a d-slr for christmas. i gave 25 to a friend and he grew some out and they were amazing. lime green, reddish purple stems and white from the ww. grown in foxfarm ocean forest and foxfarm nutes and additives.

All the Cherry Bomb seeds I cracked turned out to be some odd plants that I had no interest in growing again. I am not saying there aren't nice phenos of the Cherry Bomb out there, I just didn't find anything that I liked.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started a 'KS' batch of CB seeds the other day and it looks like we have 35-36 out of 50. I don't know what you'd call a seedbatch of seeds from select plants from more than one generation, so I label 'em KS or kitchen sink. I use OP, or open pollinated to mean a seedbatch that contains seeds from most (more than 50%) of the plants in one generation. Any way, this batch of CB represents select plants from three, maybe four generations. Kind of like a turbo open pollinated genepool. I did that to create the best possible 2010 seedbatch for breeders wanting to get a full representation of CB genes. I'll keep this thread posted on the progress.

WelderDan

Veteran
I ran some of Mr G's Cherry Bomb a few years back. Very nice weed. I managed to acquire 10 beans. All sprouted, lost 1 seedling and ended up with 9 females. Some taller, some shorter, but all fairly uniform. Since I had no CB males, I hit what I felt represented the 3 most "cherry" of the bunch with C99 pollen.

The progeny were awesome! I had three main phenos. A very Cherry, a Pineapple and a "spicy, peppery" pheno, and some that were very floral/fruity.

This particular plant was a Cherry pheno. It gave me 8 dry oz and everyone loved the cherry taste.

I lost the genetics due to poor seed storage (D'Oh!) unfortunately. I would love to get my hands on some more beans.

Attachments

• 91040003.jpg
    91040003.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 26
  • 91040004.jpg
    91040004.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 24
  • 91080023.jpg
    91080023.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 91040005a.jpg
    91040005a.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 28

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started a 'KS' batch of CB seeds the other day and it looks like we have 35-36 out of 50. I don't know what you'd call a seedbatch of seeds from select plants from more than one generation, so I label 'em KS or kitchen sink. I use OP, or open pollinated to mean a seedbatch that contains seeds from most (more than 50%) of the plants in one generation. Any way, this batch of CB represents select plants from three, maybe four generations. Kind of like a turbo open pollinated genepool. I did that to create the best possible 2010 seedbatch for breeders wanting to get a full representation of CB genes. I'll keep this thread posted on the progress.

Do you have a thread on this? I'd definitely like to watch.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I remember all that talk when the first Cherry Bomb was given to Rez. He said it was unstable and put out too many hermi's even though Mr. Greengeens never had any before, but he believed him never the less.. I was confused when he said he was going to name the new "improved" batch" Cherry Bomb II. The whole thing just seemed strange to me.

TGT

OPT

My Cherry bomb II's I have going right now look fantastic. My last run with em years ago turned out pretty good, i hope to have a better one this time!

OPT

caddis

Hey Mr G, Good to see ya on the boards again. Just started a little run from the seeds I made back 8 years or so ago.
Does this fan with a leaf over the others look familiar? I don't remember if the originals had this trait or not?

Take care, caddis

Cnv0179.jpg

WelderDan

Veteran
Hey Mr G, Good to see ya on the boards again. Just started a little run from the seeds I made back 8 years or so ago.
Does this fan with a leaf over the others look familiar? I don't remember if the originals had this trait or not?

Take care, caddis

View attachment 44205

Hey caddis

For what it's worth, mine had that trait on several, even on the cross with C99

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi caddis, sorry for the tardy reply. I haven't noticed that overlapping leaf, but I'll be on the lookout with this grow. Probably there all the time and I was looking at something else, that's the way it is with traits. Some locals have been running a stinky, pink pistilled, red stemmed CB cut. I wish a couple would weigh in here with pics or grow/smoke reports (hint hint, yes YOU too!). There are much better growers than myself around here who could really show how it's done (sure I'm sucking up, but it's true). CB is great medicine, so I s'pect it will be showing up in the clinics soon. Word of mouth is a fearsome thing. I'll need to consider making a LOT more seeds than I'd originally planned.

WelderDan

Veteran
Hi caddis, sorry for the tardy reply. I haven't noticed that overlapping leaf, but I'll be on the lookout with this grow. Probably there all the time and I was looking at something else, that's the way it is with traits. Some locals have been running a stinky, pink pistilled, red stemmed CB cut. I wish a couple would weigh in here with pics or grow/smoke reports (hint hint, yes YOU too!). There are much better growers than myself around here who could really show how it's done (sure I'm sucking up, but it's true). CB is great medicine, so I s'pect it will be showing up in the clinics soon. Word of mouth is a fearsome thing. I'll need to consider making a LOT more seeds than I'd originally planned.

Yes! More seeds! I was really bummed when I didn't get any males and couldn't maintain the line!

H

htownblowskush

Yeap Mr. G more beans...dont forget about me...good luck with the Move OF

99avatar

Cherry bomb from bomb seeds is good.
Tingly kinda third eye pot.Got it as a freebie and am in process of mothering it.

Latest posts

Latest posts