What's new

Did you go to Woodstock?

sharkrider

summer 69- I was in the VA hospital in Miami. I had a malaria relapse and was in there for 2 months. they had an old black and white TV set and I saw Woodstock on the news along with the Manson murders.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Yup.
Pocketful of acid, no ticket, no money. 15 years old and swimmin with nakkid wimmin I remember...not much else.

Oh yeah, a few good bands too.

theclearspot

Yup.
Pocketful of acid, no ticket, no money. 15 years old and swimmin with nakkid wimmin I remember...not much else.

Oh yeah, a few good bands too.

Fantastic...wish they would do a Woodstock 2 with a few of the old bands at the same location that would be mega cool.....:woohoo:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Fantastic...wish they would do a Woodstock 2 with a few of the old bands at the same location that would be mega cool.....:woohoo:
They did #2 in 1994 but it was in Woodstock. Bet they wish they had had it there as originally construed. Hence "Woodstock". Theres going to be another in the next year(s)..
sometime relativly soon... but doubt it will be 500,000 and Janis is dead.

theclearspot

Woodstock was the high watermark for my generation.
You can duplicate the setting & the players but you can't duplicate the karma.
Cheers:biggrin:

Bruce yeah youre right you could never replicate that it was special. Everything seems too organised these days; Glastonbury is like a Tesco industry now....

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Woodstock was the high watermark for my generation.
You can duplicate the setting & the players but you can't duplicate the karma.
Cheers:biggrin:

Govenment would be on it like stink on shit. It would be organized, politicized, tramatized, dramitized, publicized, criminalized, obamazised, oversized and liberalized. For something like that ot happen again spontaniously, without forewarning is amost impossible. The people of that town still hear country joe and the fish screamiing: GIVE ME AN F, GIVE ME A U, GIVE ME A C.... you get the picture, 500,00 thousand screaming those letters. No crime. Lotta acid.

Latest posts

Latest posts