What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Investing in Cannabis

I live in the USA and well over half the states have some form of legalization medical or recreational. I am thinking about investing in the stock market. I have read up on CGC and Aurora Cannabis to name a couple. Does anyone have any business savvy as to investing in Cannabis. What companies you feel would bring a great return on your investment. I think this is one of those industries that you don't want to miss out on. Like Amazon or Walmart if you had put $1000 in when they went public you would be a millionaire today kind of thing.

Thanks

Seems like this sector has short bursts of up and then back down to about where they started. Check the 6 month charts on these stocks, try to catch the wave low and sell a little below the previous max. Wait for them to reset and buy again. Stick to the ones listed on the major exchanges.

As for the Canadian companies I think the high water mark has come and gone. After legalization things dropped sharply and have climbed back up slowly. I think the huge gains are gone, but who knows what will happen when America goes fully legal. Greed and hype drove up the prices here in Canada to let's be honest, ridiculous levels. When legalization came and they actually had to be companies providing product to a market it was a different story.(Although that is largely due to huge lags in government red tape to have a viable retail market set up). If ever the old adage about buy the rumour and sell the news was true, it was for cannabis stocks.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems like this sector has short bursts of up and then back down to about where they started. Check the 6 month charts on these stocks, try to catch the wave low and sell a little below the previous max. Wait for them to reset and buy again. Stick to the ones listed on the major exchanges.

Similar to what I was going to say.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Elvis has left the building! That train has left the station etc... Short and steady is FAR better than hot and cold. Most of the BIG money has already been made. There are a lot of venues to invest in, being at the forefront of new venues will produce better yields.

The tortoise and the hare come to mind :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts