What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Radiohead ticket fiasco

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,,
i was logged on way before 9am this morning so i could order my 2 tickets for Radioheads sat night gig at the London Roundhouse,,which went on sale from 9am,
yet again! what happened during booking tickets for Kate Bush struck again this morning,,
so i got to the front of the online que,,pnly tickets available at this point was fridays gig,,as i am about to enter my security code i got a "sold out" notice and was unable to complete the transaction,,when i refreshed i was then behind over 17,000 other fans lol,lol, who were about to be disappointed
this was a 9.05am by 9.15am,,
tickets were appearing on viagogo for over a £1000 and when i last looked further tickets upto £3995!,,,
so the giant servers from viagogo,,ticketmaster etc win again,,,,
i kinda wonder what the hell the band were thinking of when they decided to play 3 indoor gigs at a very small venue [max capacity 2,700 people],,,,,
just to add fanclub members had no pre sale of tickets whatsoever,
thanks for that Thom,Edd,,Colin,,Johnny and Phillip also not forgetting Nigel..lol.lol
what was even more sad was waiting in line on the Roundhouse box office disabled line for over 15mins then to be cut off,,,,
so,so,disappointed lol let down ,,,,,and ultimatly very,very sad

so bloody frustrating,,,,s2

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
total bollocks mac!,,
something very shady goin on!,,,,
tickets sold out in seconds apparently,,,
viagogo seem to have most of them and are starting to drop there prices so tickets from £600 ta £3990 ,lol
i just hope the majority of fans so bollocks to this " its not becoming an adele prices gig" and dont buy the tickets,,
i would like to think that the band feels this way also,,,s2:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
these ticket re-sellers have computerized bots that log in, don't log out, & buy nearly all of the good seats at concerts. until the bands put in security measures to prevent it, only scalpers will get good tix...

I wood

I miss the old days when we would have to go down to the local ticket box office and wait all night for doors to open in the morning.

Corporations are just plain evil.

I'll second that.
I had more fun waiting for tickets than at a lot of shows.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
these ticket re-sellers have computerized bots that log in, don't log out, & buy nearly all of the good seats at concerts. until the bands put in security measures to prevent it, only scalpers will get good tix...
yes armedoldhippy! nail on head,,,,
dispatches docu on c4 a while back about exactky what you stated along with the gig promoters doing shady deals with viagogo,,,,,
i do believe that the band should take some responsbility,,
with a huge fan base they could more then likely do 2 weeks at the o2 London and it would be sold out every night but instead they pick a tiny venue in North London:moon:,,,,,
what did they expect to happen? also i would really like to know what happened to the 3 gigs in october? they were supposed to do 2 nights at the o2 London and 1 night at manchester arena but its all gone quiet with only seatwave saying the october gigs will go ahead,,,,,total fiasco and shame on the band if they only play London! how about all the fans up North and in Scotland,,,,
North and South divide strikes again!,,,,
i really see why peeps up North and in Scotland hate the south and feel its a different country down south!,,,,
i was talking to 2 geordies the other day [Newcastle/NE] and they were telling me how "cockneys" had fucked up Newcastle utd football club,,i needed to explain that all Londoners were not cockneys and that cockneys would not be interested in owning newcastle utd but Londoners would scalp the club for all its got,,,,,,s2

Latest posts

Latest posts