What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Close call's with Authority-Gorilla Growing

W

wegobigupnorth

Hello fellow outdoor warriors. Today I was transporting 10 ,foot tall seedlings to a patch.It was around noon, I parked about 2km from the patch at the closet "safe" place to park and started walking down a lightly traveled road with the plants in a duffel bag style tool bag which is amazing for carrying plants.( I have picture of it in my album if you want to see it)

If your wondering why I would casually be walking there at noon it is because it is because I need to walk by some residences, less then 10 of them and most of the houses are blocked by trees but going early in the morning, or in the nighttime, 100% most of the people that live in those houses will be home. I know the area very, very well and know that no one or at least very few of them would be home through the week mid afternoon and their is also the least amount of traffic on the road at that time. All it takes is one car, or one person inside those houses to see me at 5am or any other time that "normal" people would not be out and about walking and it looks suspicious as hell and pretty much gives myself away. Plus, I know from experience if you see a car on the road at that time in this area, it is a 75% chance it is a cop.

SO, I was walking wearing gym clothes. had some headphones in but no music playing pretending to bob my head to some music...You know...just looking like I'm a happy rich jock heading home to my rich parents house after a work out and I felt silly as fuck doing it but next thing I know I hear a car coming over the hill, it would be the one and only car I would see and I see it is a black impala. I think to myself fuck, thats definitly a cop. He passes me but kinda slows down, then kept going and dissapears down the hill and I think I am all good. Walk over the hill and he is sitting there with his lights on -FUCK- I did not panic, walked right up to him with a smile on my face and a bag with 10 plants slung over my shoulder.

He said hey man, you alright? just wondering what your doing, this is an unusual place for a walk, isn't it?

"Oh I'm sorry officer, I was just walking to my uncles place at (I gave an exact address which was close by, I know the area very well like I said) coming home from the gym at *insert closest gym here* I took the bus into town and was gonna call a cab but decicded its so nice out I'll just walk the 3km there."

He says..umm, ok...man.. (looks hard at bag) have a good one.

I could tell he wanted so badly to ask me to open up the bag but I played it so cool and smooth, smiled, looked right in his eyes and did not let my voice tremble or shake at all. didn't even give him a chance to say any bullshit like why are you so nervous buddy or even ask for my name as I was doing absolutely nothing wrong but 100% if I was like umm well uhh you see uhh im just uhh i dunno, walking... he woulda some how some way made me open that bag

I have at least 3 other very close call stories but I already rambled about mine, now I wanna hear some of your guys war stories!! Please if you have any exciting gorilla stories, SHARE THEM!

Last edited:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
:dunno:how the hell was u transporting 10 foot tall plants?

Edit: after a stoner moment i realized that u must be talking about ten 1 foot tall plants lol DUH

Last edited:

ashna

Wow. Glad you were so prepared and level-headed.

I've got the idea kicking around the back of my head to GG some day, so if you don't mind some random questions :)

I'm guessing the same ruse wouldn't work again... are you going to pass on the spot? At least if you have to make a lot of nute/water runs, what's to stop you from running into your new friend again? Or do you have a more roundabout route to get to the plot?

W

wegobigupnorth

Hey guys, I am typing on a phone and it's hard for me. I mean to say 10, one foot tall seedlings.

Regarding if I am going to pass on the spot, no way. I have used it for 5 years successfully this being the 6th year of use. That was the one and only time I ever had to walk with a bag of any kind. Usually if I have to drop something off at a spot, I will go in the dead of night and drop it just far enough inside the trees that it or myself grabbing it won't be seen from the road but this spot is a spot where I must do things differently.

Regarding police stopping and looking in peoples bags for burglaries, I am very
Sorry to hear the police are like that in your area but I assure you it's not like that here. The police actually respect the law here. He wanted so badly to look in the bag he was staring right at it but he has zero right to harass me like that. This is the type of town that, if I was really just a kid walking to his parents house after a work out that had nothing illegal on him and a cop starts harassing me for walking down the street, the members of the community would be outraged.

It is a very small town and like I said, I know it very well. Idiiit, I HAD a reason that I DID sell. So good in fact the cop drove right away. I know you are trying to be helpful but I did what works best for my situation. If I had a friggin metal detector the cop would have been suspicious as fuck and asked me a million questions. THis is NOT a location where doing the things like you suggest help me to "blend in" and believe me I do use those exact ones or very similar at my other locations but this spot, the best way for me to blend is by doing exactly what I did and it worked.

When I return to the site I will be carrying literally nothing and I will have the appearance of a jogger which is not unusual for the area. I will be going back there once maybe twice to reapply some time release fertz which I already have stashed at the patch and then once to harvest. Harvest is done by me going there in the day light, I trim off all the big leaves quick and throw the plants in contractor bags and carry them as close to the edge of the road as I can and when it is dark I bring a vehicle and retrieve them

Again I appreciate all the advice but I'm not a begginer at this. I started this thread to hear exciting stories, not to hear how I could have handled something differently which trust me if you knew the exact situation you would see why your ideas would actually make me stand out as opposed to blend in

Last edited:

b4df15h

ok i got one,

couple years ago I was working on a ranch doing 60 plants in 200gal smarties.
the garden area was HUGE! I mean close to 10,000 sq ft. HUGE!
One day my partner comes in and yells, "Quick! Helicopters outside!
We were about 20 miles from a airforce base, so we would see jets and heli's flyin over the garden ALL THE TIME! "Oh, God..." so I get up, go outside, and sure enough Sherrifs flying RIGHT OVER the garden.. SUPER LOW! We start freaking out.. THEN IT STARTS TO LAND! Not on our land, but over by the only road that leads to our land.. Maybe 2-3 acres away. Other partner calls bout that time(he was out and about), "something's goin on! Roads blocked off, cops EVERYWHERE!" I seriously thought it was over for us..

Apparently, some tweaker bitch killed her own Mother on a neighboring property. Stabbed her to death..

Tragic really..

W

wegobigupnorth

Haha damn brother I bet your heart was pounding a mile a minute sounding like a woodpecker against a tree in your ear hehe.

Reminds me of a very similar story of mine. I was hauling in bags of soil to a patch, walking along the edges of a crop field when I heard the obvious sound of helicopter blades, which, are not totally uncommon as a private airport was not to far away so I regularly heard small propeller planes and helicopters but I could tell this one was flying low and approaching FAST and just as I look up a police helicopter flying so low it was nearly touching the tops of the trees zoomed overhead, i dropped to the ground, trying to hide myself as much as possible and I see the fucking thing circle back around! It did a couple circles over what seemed to be right where I had 30 2 foot tall plants and I was freaking the fuck out..i figured the land owner surely called them as cops were never flying that early in the season and it seemed like they knew exactly where to look. I left the soil and hauled ass out of there as fast as I could

Get back to my car and turn on the radio, BREAKING NEWS is first thing I hear. There was a bank robbery at the bank in the closest town and the mother fuckin their had led the cops more then 20 km through the woods over 9 hours. Had K9s and a helicopter tracking him less then half a kilometre from my patch but they never found it! :)

I have had a few instances like that. One of them was because their was a house fire and someone was so badly burned they sent a helicopter to bring him to hospital. Try not to freak out right away unless you know its "them" of course. I killed a plant one year cause the sound of a chopper freaked me out so much I dropped my machete on it and sliced right through it lol ended up being just a private heli, of course.

W

wegobigupnorth

Wow. Glad you were so prepared and level-headed

I meant to make a very important point about this but my stoned ass forgot lol

My situation is an example of how level headed one needs to be when playing the gorilla game. No matter how safe and secure you think your spot is, don't get stoned before you go like its a relaxing hike in the woods with your dog.

I was actually considering smoking a bong before I left because I have a sprained wrist and certain strains make doing work with in much more bearable but I told myself "your gonna regret it if you smoke this" 20 minutes later I'm talking to a cop with a minimum of 6 months jail time in my bag. Thank fucking God I was straight and level headed

meadowman

I was picking up 4 contractor bags filled with bud .5 mile from home. I throw em in Back of truck and drive off. I come to a red light and signal left when I see a cop sitting on a side road. I'm thinking he might have seen me stop n throw it in, it was possible from the end of the road he was on. I turn n as I pass he pulls out. Mind you its 3:30 am and I don't fit in round these parts. The next stop sign was my road. I make the turn n so does he...f..k!!! The next stop sign is right in front of my house. I'm just waiting for him to light em up now. There's no parking spot so I signal n turn after stopping. Right after turn is a lot to swing around n so I can park on other side of road n not appose traffic due to parking spots. The prick is sitting at the stop sign, not moving. There was definitely something moving in me! I park right up by the corner in front of him so he can see every move I make now. I seriously need to change my underware, but I gotta keep my cool...I fiddle, grabbing a few things n quickly jump out n lock it up. I walk right past him, giving the "nod" and he nods back. As I approach my door I hear him pulling away. My heart sounded like a woodpecker on asbestos siding! I gave it 10 minutes or so, ran out n grabbed it.

Last edited:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
ok i got one,

couple years ago I was working on a ranch doing 60 plants in 200gal smarties.
the garden area was HUGE! I mean close to 10,000 sq ft. HUGE!
One day my partner comes in and yells, "Quick! Helicopters outside!
We were about 20 miles from a airforce base, so we would see jets and heli's flyin over the garden ALL THE TIME! "Oh, God..." so I get up, go outside, and sure enough Sherrifs flying RIGHT OVER the garden.. SUPER LOW! We start freaking out.. THEN IT STARTS TO LAND! Not on our land, but over by the only road that leads to our land.. Maybe 2-3 acres away. Other partner calls bout that time(he was out and about), "something's goin on! Roads blocked off, cops EVERYWHERE!" I seriously thought it was over for us..

Apparently, some tweaker bitch killed her own Mother on a neighboring property. Stabbed her to death..

Tragic really..
holy hell! i almost got the nervous shakes just reading what u went thur on that one!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Haha damn brother I bet your heart was pounding a mile a minute sounding like a woodpecker against a tree in your ear hehe.

Reminds me of a very similar story of mine. I was hauling in bags of soil to a patch, walking along the edges of a crop field when I heard the obvious sound of helicopter blades, which, are not totally uncommon as a private airport was not to far away so I regularly heard small propeller planes and helicopters but I could tell this one was flying low and approaching FAST and just as I look up a police helicopter flying so low it was nearly touching the tops of the trees zoomed overhead, i dropped to the ground, trying to hide myself as much as possible and I see the fucking thing circle back around! It did a couple circles over what seemed to be right where I had 30 2 foot tall plants and I was freaking the fuck out..i figured the land owner surely called them as cops were never flying that early in the season and it seemed like they knew exactly where to look. I left the soil and hauled ass out of there as fast as I could

Get back to my car and turn on the radio, BREAKING NEWS is first thing I hear. There was a bank robbery at the bank in the closest town and the mother fuckin their had led the cops more then 20 km through the woods over 9 hours. Had K9s and a helicopter tracking him less then half a kilometre from my patch but they never found it! :)

I have had a few instances like that. One of them was because their was a house fire and someone was so badly burned they sent a helicopter to bring him to hospital. Try not to freak out right away unless you know its "them" of course. I killed a plant one year cause the sound of a chopper freaked me out so much I dropped my machete on it and sliced right through it lol ended up being just a private heli, of course.
lmao good 1 man about the machete slice! then after u realize what was really going on u get super pissed at ur own self. i had something similar happen to me.
i was right in the patch and all of a sudden i heard the blades come over the top of the ridge i was on. i didnt have time to run no where,so i dived head first into a blackberry bush that i had my patch in front of. i was sure as hell they seen me and the plants bc they kept circling back and fourth. i was in about week 5-6 of flower when this happened. i reached out from under the balckberry patch and yanked 2 of the 4 out that i could reach and took off. my heart was beating and i shaky as fk as i ran as fast and hard as i could with 2 of the plants. the plants was hitting ever fkn bush coming and going. by time i got to a place i felt safe my plant had looked like it went thur a meat grinder lol chunks of buds was missing all over,limbs gone it was horrible to look at. well turns out that it was the just gas/electric company flying over spraying weed killer along their right-of ways to keep the trees from growing up into the electric wires above :laughing: u talk about one pissed off mfer! i learned a costly lesson that year and i said to myself, that will never happen again and guess what it hasnt :biggrin:

W

wegobigupnorth

L

L

Oh my god brother!! That makes me feel a lot better about my mistake! The other day I "topped" one of my best plants with chicken wire. By " topped" I mean while I was putting a chicken wire cage around it to protect from deer and other critters I heard a loud noise and it made me jolt around to see what it was with the sharp ass chicken wire in my hand and I cut the whole 1/4 of the plant clean off. Ended up being a baby deer 10 feet away from me haha

First time I saw one without its momma

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Well heres another one.
It was the start of the season and I had set up a seedling nursery to germinate seedlings and get them big enough to take out to the patches.
This was quite close to civilisation as I had to be able to visit it fairly often as the seedlings needed more attention.
It just consisted of a chicken wire fence about 3 metres wide and 3 metres long, enclosing the seedlings which were in beer cups in trays.
Next to the fence I had put a small log in one place as there was a gap under the fence there.

So one day I came to water them and saw a large piece of bark had been scraped off the log, which would of been caused by someone standing on the log to get over the fence.

I thought, ok, someone has found them but if they were going to rip them they would have ripped them then and there, so looks like they are not going to take them.
As they would only be there for another 2 weeks or so before being moved to the final grow sites I decided to leave them there.

So the next time I came to water them, about 5 days later, I approached really slowly and quietly, and when I got to the site I stopped and looked around carefully and listened.
Couldn't see anyone but I was spooked knowing someone had been there and may still be around.
So I stepped over the fence and watered them quickly, usually I used to hang around for several minutes checking out how they were growing and if any interesting looking phenotypes were showing, that sort of thing, but this time I was spooked so I watered them quickly and then straight away stepped over the fence and walked off really quitly, but not in the direction I had come in from from the trail, but I walked further off into the woods.

So I got about 20 metres away or so and then suddenly there was a loud crash in the bushes and the sound of running feet running towards my grow.
I froze till they had gone past and then kept exfiltrating quickly and quietly away from the grow.

See leo had staked out the grow.
I couldn't see them when I had got to the site so they were obviously sitting back from the site a bit, and they must have had a sensor set up covering the grow and I triggered it when I got there.
And looks like they waited a bit after the sensor went off before charging the grow, as if they charged the grow too early they might have found me just standing outside the fence , and then it would have been, oh hello officer, I was just out birdwatching trying to spot the black faced cuckoo shrike when I came upon this, looks like someone is growing tomatoes out in the woods, isn't that strange?
Because for cultivation to stick they have to catch you in the act of watering or fertilizing or whatever, so they waited to give me time to start tending the plants before they ran up to try to catch me in the act.
But because they had scraped the bark off the log next to the fence I was alerted that someone had been there and that's why I didn't hang around a second longer than I had too.
If they hadn't scraped the bark off the log then they would probably have caught me.

Anyway I went back a few days later and the plants were gone.

Leo can be unpredictable, usually they will just pull the plants and that's it, but other times they will try to catch you.
A guy on another forum had leo set up a camera at his patch for 7 plants, and the guy got caught too.
Admittedly when questioned by leo he admitted it was him on the camera.
I remember he said he never saw the camera but the photo's of him leo showed him were taken from above and a bit to the side, which makes me think leo had the camera up in a tree.
So don't forget to look up in the trees when at your patch you guerillas!

damn that had to be a huge adrenaline rush mixed with spookyness! i know what u mean by the feeling of someone there or watching u. sometimes when im at one my plots if i hear something out of order i do same as u look,listen and move with caution. in my my state u gotta have 5 or more plants to be a felony which is why i never put more then 4 plants to a plot lol i even got 5 single plants out this year all in different locations. it is alot of extra work i will admit that but i feel alot safer about getting some or all them by like this. what really helps me the most is i have 4 plots with direct water sources from the mountains. good tip to look up in the trees for a cam! i havent ever really looked st8 up like that but i do look around the area.

meadowman

Lmao! I've been doing it urban for years...right outside a major north east city. You lost all credibility with that post!!!