What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Mini Ice Age"

B

Baron Greenback

Is it anything like "global dimming"? If so, I am already worried.

Allendawg

Yes. It's a normal climate pattern that is the result of the cooling of the sun. by counting the number of sun spots, leading scientist from Russia, Mexico, USA, etc.. Have called Global man made climate change "bad science" The have been pleading with Governments to change their policies because the planet is in fact cooling. If you type in Mini Ice Age on yahoo you will see plenty of info I reccomend viewing the NASA scientists warnings first. It kinda like when Pardis Sebeti tried to warn our government about Ebola last March! Some suspect this is the reason Russia is moving on Crimea after all their top world renowned scientist has been screaming about it for quite a while now. Let's just hope it's only a Mini Ice Age not a full blown Ice age.

Allendawg

Also this could be the reason our government has been stocking our underground bunkers with supplies in VA Why our government has been conducting military exercises in Minneapolis & Ohio, supplying LA school district with grenade launchers etc... Who knows it could be the crashing world economy as well! It's crazy war,cold weather,pest & disease, terrible economy's, & failing Agriculture always seem to happen at the same time.

B

Baron Greenback

Well that all sounds cheery. Better have a doobie and think happy thoughts.

Allendawg

3000 elevation cali was under 11 or 12 feet of snow last time, ground freezes doesn't thaw for summertime. Up north covered in Ice

dddaver

Veteran
The LA school system just bought those grenade launchers so the students could fire HUGE spitballs. So what's wrong with that? :woohoo:

...But now those spitballs will be ice? Damn, that's just wrong. Someone's gonna lose an eye or something now.

vostok

Veteran
One side is saying the planet is heating up
the other side its cooling down,
either way I'm right in the middle,
and as such
I don't give a hoot

so long as my plants don't get too cold or too hot,
but thanks for the advisories ...lol

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

http://www.suspicious0bservers.org/

Space scientist fears return of 'mini ice age'
TNN | Jan 21, 2015, 12.56 AM IST

NASHIK: The fewer sunspot activities on the Sun witnessed since the last two solar cycles might lead to a "mini ice age-like situation" in coming years, Shrinivas Aundhkar, the director of Mahatma Gandhi Mission, Centre for Astronomy and Space Technology, Nanded, said here on Tuesday.

"The sunspots that can be seen on the Sun have comparatively less temperature compared to other surfaces on it (Sun)," he said while addressing a gathering for a lecture, Get Ready for Little Ice Age, held as part of the Narendra Dabholkar lecture series.

Aundhkar, who has worked with scientists across the world on Sun-Earth connection, said, "The Sun undergoes two cycles that are described as maximum and minimum. The activity alternates every 11 years, and the period is termed as one solar cycle. At present, the Sun is undergoing the minimum phase, reducing global temperatures."

He said winter temperatures have dropped in the northern polar cap and is leading to severe winters. "This has also triggered the jet stream, which is active in the northern parts of the globe to shift in inter tropical climate zone like India. As a result, cold wind conditions were witnessed during the last two years. The unseasonal hailstorms in November and December are a result of the influence of the jet stream. This has also led to steady weakening of magnetic energy of the Sun, leading to mini ice age like situation," he said.

"The Sun, our energy source, goes through phases of violent (maximum phase) and quiet (minimum phase) activity every 11 years, which is called one solar cycle. The effects of minimum activity of a solar cycle are seen for about a year. However, it has been revealed that the minimum activity was seen for more than four years in the recently concluded solar cycle. Thus, it was the longest and quietest minimum phase in the past 100 years," the scientist said.

"The Earth may be heading towards a mini-ice age period, which is similar to what was observed in the 17th century. During the time, the sunspots on the Sun were absent. This led to a drop in northern hemisphere temperature by 2-3 degrees. The current scenario is almost same. Such climatic conditions might affect the agricultural pattern and health and trigger disasters in the worst scenario," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...turn-of-mini-ice-age/articleshow/45959671.cms

Allendawg

Trichrider thanks for the post, for some reason it's difficult for my computer to attach stuff. There are many articles hope guys will post more about wheat crop, record breaking low temps, snow in the Middle East, huge increase in volcanic activity, earth quakes etc.. What would really be good for discussion would be the counter arguments not finding much! They say it's gonna reach the high point in 2030. I Heard temps are going to "drop off a cliff in 2016"

NW Wheeze

Well, this thread sure ruined the little buzz I had. My house is cold and wet enough as is. I have noticed that the ground here is freezing more in the winter than the past few years.