What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CFL versus traditional lighting adds how many weeks?

de145

Anyone ever run a strain on CFL then switch to HID later on with the same strain under the same conditions?

I'm seeing CFL of good intensity take several weeks longer than advertised however I'm not sure if the advertised amount is really legit so is the discrepancy caused by the lighting or just a different idea of when it's ready between the breeder and myself.

I'm wondering if anyone who has switched to HID can confirm how much less it took with the better lighting with the same clones and nutes etc.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
I don't notice any difference in finishing time under cfl vs. hid. I think it's a myth or a lack of a good flush.

de145

It's pretty commonly reported and it's what I'm experiencing definitely.

Possibly the breeder has consistently underrepresented how many weeks to finish or I'm counting it wrong (I count from 12/12 flip but some people have reported that some breeders are going by the first sign of sex after inducing flowering) or something within the environment or my techniques is causing it to happen.

sgapetti

Veteran
the breeder flowering times are always recommendations , different phenos requires different finishing times, grade of tricomes maturation is as well an important, but personal , and require additional times depending on preferences