What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Judge orders Arizona to allow MMJ sales

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Judge orders Arizona to allow MMJ sales...

An Arizona judge has told the state's government to get out of the way and let people have the medical marijuana dispensaries they voted for in 2010. The judge ordered Gov. Jan Brewer, a consistent opponent of medical marijuana, to fully implement the law and allow dispensaries to open, reports the Wall Street Journal. He also struck down restrictions requiring dispensary operators to be state residents with no history of bankruptcy or "government debts" like unpaid taxes or outstanding parking tickets.
The medical marijuana law had been stuck in legal limbo while Brewer sought assurances that state employees would not be prosecuted under federal law. "The court is not unmindful of the state's dilemma; it is caught between the proverbial rock and hard place," the judge wrote. But "the voters intended [the law] to be implemented within 120 days. This has not been done." The Arizona law allows up to 126 dispensaries in the state.

http://www.newser.com/story/137897/arizona-ordered-to-allow-marijuana-sales.html

that felt good!

fabvariousk

Veteran
Who would seriously be dumb enough to invest in a dispensary in that state?
It would be like paying off bullies who are not tough enough to protect you and tell you they will probably take your shit anyway.

Aksala

Hmm...isn't Arizona an open carry state? I see some dead feds in the future if they try to fuck with Zona residents over medical marijuana...

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
The Arizona law allows up to 126 dispensaries in the state.
And I'll predict that not one gram of decent meds will come out of any of them....

Sounds like a good-ole-boy state for sure.

Every try to get a towing license in Nevada? Total racket.
The people that actually get a license for a dispensary..... won't be in it for the medicine.

If you live there... I'd move.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: