What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amended with Mycorrhizae VS Not

SKAGITMAGIC

last night i potted about 8 clones in Mendo gold Coco, tonight I potted 6 more but amended the coco with Mycorrhizae, I labeled the pots and will keep track!!

Attachments

• P1080302.JPG
    P1080302.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 53

big twinn

Veteran
O man, im expecting a huge difference...i use it in my grow and notice HUGE growth differences once applied.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Greengrow Mycorrhize told me salt nutes will kill the mycorrhizae dead (I believe it's anything over 32ppm of P.) Organic ferts are fine, but if you're using salt ferts there shouldn't be any difference in the plants. This will be interesting!

Last edited:

Dr. D

Veteran
Greengrow Mycorrhize told me salt nutes will kill the mycorrhizae dead (I believe it's anything over 32ppm of K.) Organic ferts are fine, but if you're using salt ferts there shouldn't be any difference in the plants. This will be interesting!

This is what i read also, ive used Rootgrow mycorrhizae on quite few grows and didnt really notice any difference, i think it was colonising initially then died off from the nutes.
I use Canna coco and it has added Trichoderma and they also sell it as "protection for cuttings", but using it on full grown plants is expensive at a 1 gram per litre dose @£10 for 10 grams!
They also do granules you can add to your coco gonna try em out along with a couple other products...Il be sure to do a side by side and post the results.

Good luck with your experiment...Peace

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure if it's the salts, or the drying out action of salts... but this is all off the top of my head and I could be completely wrong, so don't take what I say.. as you can run mycos / trichoderma in hydro ( based on GH's sub-culture products , and we do know trichoderma can live in salts as seen by bio filter grows.. ) also could be assumed by fish aquarium filters, not sure what strains / microbes they run but they process the fish poo ammonia...

also I've heard any doses of P over 50 PPM, inhibits growth, as it is one of the things mycos do best is to aid in uptake of P...

also we are assuming this is R/O water, or left out chlorine water, as chlorine is.... well.. a disinfectant

I hear you can get stain tests done on the roots, to see if the mycos were even there, and a general basis..

these is also talk that mcyos and trich don't get along ( not sure what coco you have ) if its un treated ( not steamed ), but in the latest article of something, lynette morgan said they should be fine to live together, but they only tested certain strains, and I believe it was put at, there could be a slight chance of conflicting space... AKA mycos and trich could compete...

Last edited:

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Always use mycorizhae!!!

Always use mycorizhae!!!

I have always used beneficial fungi's/bacterias in my sould and continue to feen them with complex carbs/humic/fulvic acids and organic liquid compost. I expect huge yields from my organic set up and most of the time i get huge yields. My last plants of Durban Poison yielded 14oz's from 2 plants in 3 gallon pots each. That's 7oz's per plant in a 3gal pot!!! Fuckin incredible, not possible withough beneficials in the soil. I now almost always expect to get at least 5oz's a plant in a 3gal pot and over a halp pound in a 7gal air pot. Just remember to feed your microherd everywatering with complex carbs and humic acids! This is the dirt I use already loaded with all the goodies. Peace and love all, Stagger And this is what i use to feed the microherd... If you dont believe me check out my results in my photo albums, the results speak for themselves! Much love all, Stagger:wave:

SKAGITMAGIC

Mycorrhizae amendments

Mycorrhizae amendments

Ive started useing amended coco this last grow, amazing helpers. I've done some side by sides with Dutch treat and c99, and Its the bomb., anyway if I dont use happy frog I add the stuff to basement mix from humbolt.

Attachments

• P1080805.JPG
    P1080805.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 59
  • P1080785.JPG
    P1080785.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1080840.JPG
    P1080840.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 52

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cant really tell by the pictures..

can you get some shots of the two next to each other for comparison view?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kick ass!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot for the this thread someone needed to do it I got 4 big bags of this stuff and I don't know if it helps but my plants rock /shrug

SKAGITMAGIC

Mycorrhzae VS Not

Mycorrhzae VS Not

I took these to Dutch Treat clones at the same time, i'm not saying they were potted on the same day, but within 24 hours of each other, These plants were both started in Basement Coco from Humbolt county,the one was amended with a little Dr. Earth with the Mycorrhzae stuff and then a sprinkling of MYKOS in the clone hole mixed in a little and put under 40 watt shop lights for couple weeks. I still haven't figured out how to say it. the other just coco with bat crap but no mycorr

Attachments

• P1080785.JPG
    P1080785.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 57
  • P1080857.JPG
    P1080857.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 56
  • P1080855.JPG
    P1080855.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I have always used beneficial fungi's/bacterias in my sould and continue to feen them with complex carbs/humic/fulvic acids and organic liquid compost. I expect huge yields from my organic set up and most of the time i get huge yields. My last plants of Durban Poison yielded 14oz's from 2 plants in 3 gallon pots each. That's 7oz's per plant in a 3gal pot!!! Fuckin incredible, not possible withough beneficials in the soil. I now almost always expect to get at least 5oz's a plant in a 3gal pot and over a halp pound in a 7gal air pot. Just remember to feed your microherd everywatering with complex carbs and humic acids! This is the dirt I use already loaded with all the goodies. Peace and love all, Stagger And this is what i use to feed the microherd... If you dont believe me check out my results in my photo albums, the results speak for themselves! Much love all, Stagger:wave:

That's great, (really!) however, I've gotten 9 oz per plant out of two plants in 5g pots, with zero beneficials or organic nutes whatsoever. Just wanted to caution you against saying anything is impossible. ;)

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
That's great, (really!) however, I've gotten 9 oz per plant out of two plants in 5g pots, with zero beneficials or organic nutes whatsoever. Just wanted to caution you against saying anything is impossible. ;)

Fuck yes that's amazing:tiphat: But what if you had ammended your soil with beneficials? maybe you could have gotten well over 12oz's! Have you ever used beneficials in your dirt before? Shit's amazing the root balls I pull out when it's all said and done. The roots are like coils of huge rope! And also about my harvest on the 7oz plants, they were only vegged for 3 weeks, but flowered for 13, plus i use no CO2. Peace and love all, Stagger!:thank you:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would bet to say that when Lazyman harvest's he ends up with more on the floor in waste than most do in the final trim bowl.

Just thought I'd give ya something to think about.

I myself you Hygrozyme and PBP in soil and hydro for veg. It saves me 500.00 a year in nutes and the girls love it.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
I would bet to say that when Lazyman harvest's he ends up with more on the floor in waste than most do in the final trim bowl.

Just thought I'd give ya something to think about.

I myself you Hygrozyme and PBP in soil and hydro for veg. It saves me 500.00 a year in nutes and the girls love it.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

I fully agree, have always pulled amazing yields of high quality medicine using microbes/bacterias. My last harvest from 2000w's was 46oz's and there were some small plants in their as well. This was my second run with my new setup and was stoked to recieve this amazing yield. I know I can get more though...:blowbubbles::jump:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So adding Myco to a GH 0-6-9 feed schedule would be pointless? This would kill the bacteria, no?

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts