What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Books

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Books will continue to remain a MUCH better source of information than the Internet. I'm always amazed at how much I learn from a book after I've spent awhile reading online tutorials. I'm in the Internet Marketing biz, and you wouldn't believe how much BS is out there, and even the stuff that's not BS is between a lot of BS so it takes awhile to get through. You think reading threads is helpful and it really is, but the same information is much more thorough and precise in books. Stick to books.

I second fatigues' recommendation. I also like "How to Hydroponics" although it's not about pot specifically. If you don't feel like buying these, just find torrents. The Jorges Cervantes book is 500 megs. Full of pics.

20091117-x7g5egxjf3btxdwdwra478pum4.jpg

20091117-due2djp7qexaxwxqr45keixhh3.jpg

20091117-rrs2mc8dyhcexhke6rxh88eqiy.jpg

Strains

well i really cant say the same, i have a lot of these books, and still use this site more, i like the idea that someone else tried it and i can usually see the results, where as a book, when you give it those kinda credentials as you did, its easy to get fooled, yes theres plenty of books with BS in them too, and they suffer from time, they get outdatet. :) maybe something got lost in the translation to danish in my books? but ill deffo take user experience from MANY ppl than that of a few who wrote a book! but that just my honest opinion

Peace
-Strains :joint:

geemail

Grow Books

It's probably here somewhere but I can't find it!

What are the best, up to date, grow books?

In what order should I obtain a few.

Interested in Indoor growing, but looking for info on everything,
including breeding.

Thanks for you input,

g

Strains

youre allready on the greatest "book" there is, we have all kinds of information on breeding, growing, the lot. Set up your own library on your pc/laptop whatever, and start compiling the info you need, its all here ;)

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I still like the marijuana Grow Bible from Jorge Cervantes

A great starter book, I still look through

geemail

Thank you for the Links. I agree a wealth of information and will keep me busy for a long time.

I just want to build a personal library. I like being able to flip thru the pages and I don't always have computer access.

Also, I can not access this website at work.

I appreciate the input!

G

Strains

Thank you for the Links. I agree a wealth of information and will keep me busy for a long time.

I just want to build a personal library. I like being able to flip thru the pages and I don't always have computer access.

Also, I can not access this website at work.

I appreciate the input!

G

your welcome, the others have stated mulitple books wich are excellent, other than that, perhaps you have some storage capability on your mobilephone (i use my last phone to do this and not the one i use for calling, texting and such, in the case anything goes down im gonna jump on it ;) )

*edit* Oh yeah and welcome to ICM

Last edited:

Helis

I will agree that The Bible by Cervantes is a decent purchase.... CHOCK full of information but also a lot of poor editing, some contradictions. Good to have photos around.
Seemorebud's Buds For Less was an interesting read, with some helpful side-notes
Marijuana New School Indoor Cultivation by Jeff Mowta has some great hydro plans in it. A sturdy read.

I've been recommended DJ Short's book more than once, its probably the only book that I'd still like to have. Other than that I have to echo what lots of others have said...
ICMag is a book in itself. And then some.
When browsing I have a text document open that I keep important clips from (maybe when an entire thread yields one helpful comment, they go there). It's been pretty helpful and my own little book is getting rather big.

Latest posts

Latest posts