What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

should I go back to DWC growing?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
should I go back to DWC growing? I am thinking of starting a new dwc soon.

the reason I ask is cuz I am now sucking at soil growing.

I have grown dwc micro 4 time over the past 12 years. also grown in soil a lot too but these days my plants won't live past 4-5 weeks in veg cycle.

I cant even make it to flowering cycle in soil that much any more.

here r some pix of my past DWC grows. more pix next.

Last edited:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
here r the last pix.

I am thing I should really get back into the DWC game.
The reason I got out of the dwc game is because i was having lots of plant growth problems.
so I tryed soil agen and had good success with the first few grows but now I cant keep em alive long enough to flower them.

So should I try DWC agen? in the last pic that is only the sativa harvest couldn't fin a pic of the indica harvest. but I had a lot of bud that time.

Last edited:
You might want to look into Hempy Buckets as an alternative to DWC.

I have seen DWC growth rates and production with Hempy Buckets, no really, with my own eyes.

Just a suggestion.

The direct answer to your question, yes if I were you I would make a change in methods, go to 'ponics instead of soil if you fit hydro better as a gardener.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Shane! Come back Shane. Mother loves you.

Short of an outdoor grow where you toss seeds out the window and come back in six months, I can't imagine an easier, less troublesome, hands off method than DWC. No burns, no deficiencies, no bugs. 10 minutes twice a month and I'm done.

Here's my DWC res at 88ºF (lost a couple of º fumbling with camera). No chiller, no ice bottles, no algae, no rot, no slime, no worries.

What's not to love?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
thanks for stoping by and for the great info.
Ill update this thread with new pix when I start my DWC agen.

C

Classyathome

DWC rocks - major growth, minor work...

I've done a few, and I'd never go back to dirt again.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Can you say rockwool?

I used to like soil. Not real sure soil liked me,, but we did ok.

Last april - I started my first rockwool grow - using PBP nutes and e&f. It has not only passed everything in dirt - the rockwool has a massive return advantage.

I did dwc once too --

once.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=122314

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
You need to figure out what you are doing wrong if you had trouble with hydro and soil both.

purpdaddy

I would have never left DWC..Nice pixels man.i got alotta pics in my thread of my past DWC bubbleponics afgan grow.I got sum updayed pics of my current grow also

Treetops

#1cheesebuds

DWC, has always worked well for me...

Give it another shot, as its looks like you know what you are doing...

Peace,
Treetops

Latest posts

Latest posts