What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

san diegos finest seeds

N

NOYB

Maybe Subrob came over after he dusted some of his plants and carried a cloud of pollen with him...LOL. Just speculating here (not about Sub) but from what you posted that's what came to mind for me. If an exact copy except male a possibility is the Afghani was not dominant (basically transparent in the resultant cross) and the Dabney overpowered it genetically speaking. My breeder friend has taught me that structure is usually dictated by the male. Next time I see him will chat more about this. Just doesn't sound like hermie activity with only the preflowers producing beanos.

Maybe someone else can chime in.

EDIT - just may also be if accidentally pollinated like you said might be a possibility that the pheno that showed up just happened to be Dabney dominant BUT that Dabney could genuinely be dominant in the cross and if so I'd be inclined to say it's traits might show up strong in the cross of the Dabney x ? to the Purple Joy. You won't know really until peeps grow out the Purple Joy x the Dabney Mystery and see what they express. I had a J1 x (Purple Afghani x Oaxacan) and 1 out of like 20 beans looked liked an Afghani so the Purple Afghani mom basically disappeared in the resultant offspring.

J

JeffSpicoli

Ya its a big mystery. I never saw any nanners, and if it did herm, i had other strains going right next to it.. and never found a single other seed... Just the seeds that were in the bottom calyx of each main branch of the Dabney. Very weird.

regardless, the male smelled soooo yummy. And the one offspring ive grown(green crack x ), definitely showed blueberry traits.
Either way... Purple Joy x anything will surely be bomb, and i would think most definitely turn purp indoor or out. Same goes for the gods gift x. I personally enjoy the purple joy way more than the gods gift.. But i still find the gods gift to be a killer purp! No doubt there will be some gems in these beans.
Should be a lot of different phenos.
I put together 50 of each, so 100 total

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice info bro! i like the way you explained it. i also will vouch for the crackberry(green crack x dabney) all over body and head high-insta buzz. very tasty even barely dry when i sampled it.
---side note, some of the dabney pollen was used on an ecsd, but i got only a few(12 or so left) beans. i will be looking to see if there is a male in the batch worth recrossing to the ecsd, and maybe a few others!
---RAGGAMON- waddup brah? thanks man, we are all excited to do some projects, spread some love, educate ourselves, and support icmag. stop by anytime bro.
---danknuggler-there will be a small number of the p91 x iron cindy being sent in this week. good luck bro! more iron cindy crosses to follow this year.
---gardengoddess-i think that purple joy is incredible! i have only sampled a small bit so far, but wow! good luck and check back in anytime..
----itisme-thats what the thread is for! haha info info info!

G

grapepunched

everything sounds awesome sub, so glad to see your stuff
grown more, yes seeds are addictive, after ya make one strain
ya want to make a million!! boy your gdp x sk ibl is looking so
nice over here, i need to get a new camera so i can show you,
all the phenos are similar it seems, the sk ibl really adds
vigor to the slow growing GDP royale....... serious branching,
bigger yield, and oh so dank....great job
i have spoken with Spicoli on the occasion and that man grows some
veryy nice medicine so you guys should be helping a lot of people get some
great stuff and also help IC....great job bro, keep it up
cheers

-gp

N

NOYB

I like the sound of that P91 x Iron Cindy.Any info?? nuggler
If you look at post #3 in this thread will provide some background but as Sub said Iron Cindy is Metal Haze x C99 F3. IC is very potent, resinous, stinky and tasty. It slams you immediately and hard for the first 30 min then mellows to a nice smooth happyish fairly clear up ride. It goes about 9-9.5 weeks. I read somewhere the Metal Haze mom is an excellent yielder and think Sub may have gotten some buds that were broken up a bit...lol....but as he described stinky, tasty, hazy...and that one goes about 10 weeks. From what I understand the IC dad will probably produce offspring that yield on the low side though.

If you don't know about P91 either Sub or Spicoli can fill you in.

Nice thread guys!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GP- waddup mang! thanks for the words. ya im just finishing up with the one and only gdpskunk ive grown yet, so any info you can provide on differences and similarities in phenos is much appreciated. matter of fact, her and ecsd are coming out this week-guess whats taking thier place?-two bubblegum x sourbubble! gonna have a thread up for ya before too long!
---NOYB-thanbks for the input man. you are as big a part of this scene as anyone! will correct my description of the iron cindy above-had it backwards, again! haha...matter of fact, i think i still have some photos of the samples i was gifted earlier this year...lemme see....

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
these pics are not up to my usual specs! but the herb sure was!!!!
iron cindy
picture.php

cindy99 f3
picture.php

metal haze
picture.php

J

JeffSpicoli

we need to get subrob to take some dryshots of the P91 nugs his bro grew.. Without a doubt the best lookin P i have ever seen... It looks ridiculous, his bro seriously has the greenest thumb of anyone i have ever seen.

Heres a shot of some P91 i ran outside this winter... I didnt prune her like i should have and yield definitely suffered... And it was during winter lol :p
picture.php

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
good idea man. i will get it done tonite! well, after i watch the bball game and hockey game on tivo!!! though that pic^^^^is spectacular!

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I got purple joy in veg right now. Its from ape. thanks Jeff!! I cant wait to see her in bloom. I'll try and figure out how to post pics. I love san diego. I got my first grow book at a head shop in Ocean Beach. It was called THE BLACK. 15 or 16 years ago. love that place.:joint:

shanebotwin

Wow looks like someone is making things happen with getting these prize genetics out there. A buddy of mine cracked some of these beans and said they had an exceptional success rate, he even mentioned something about getting two sprouts from one bean.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
---resin lung-you gonna like that purple joy! and ya, the black is still goin strong!
--c. frank-right? i am in love with that strain. and it shines through in that iron cindy. gonna have to save that pollen for some sativa crosses methinks!
-skull-aloha! good start for sure and hoping to recruit more of us to some projects! hint hint
--shanebotwin-i know your friend. and that trait comes from the skunk fo sho. welcome to icmag man!

N

NOYB

i am in love with that strain. and it shines through in that iron cindy. gonna have to save that pollen for some sativa crosses methinks!
Go ahead and use that IC pollen up...those Shadow Haze beans, Metal Haze x Iron Cindy, are done and some have already been sprouted and are doing quite well :D

MJMAVEN

Metal Haze x Iron Cindy, are done and some have already been sprouted and are doing quite well :D

Metal Haze BX1, NICE. Wish I could get my hands on some of those. All the Dago's Finest crosses sound so good, much :respect: to all involved. The finest seeds from America's finest city! 1904 LOVE.

afroman25

I remember i had some really killer pictures of my Dabney Male... But now that i reformated my computer since, i cant find a lot of my old pics...
I did find these 2 though.

I got a Dabney Blue clone from APE... It had PM, so i put her outside to flower, and never saved any cuts... She ended up being the BOMBEST blueberry i have EVER had... Straight up blueberry muffins to the FULLEST. The high was EXTREMELY enjoyable, and the flavor was exactly the same as the smell... Tasted soooo good.. I loved it, and didnt wanna share any/ smoke it all for myself... A friend of mine offered me $300 for a half oz, and i couldnt refuse.. thats how good it was.
Anywayse, i found 7 seeds in the dabney.. It was odd though, the seeds werent in the buds... On the base of the stem of each top cola.. Inside the pre-flower/ calyx.. There was a seed.. Not inside the buds like you normally find a seed.. But at the bottom of the stem, inside the Calyx... Had a nice crystal coated 'skin' around a perfect seed

So i figured i got some S1 seeds.. So i sprouted them out.. All looked good, and i decided to put one out to flower outside with some other girls... It wasnt long before it showed a male... I thought this was VERY odd, cause i figured i had feminized seeds...
Well this male, had a identical leaf structure to the clone-only mom... As she matured, the pollen sacks REEEKED of blueberries.. Smelled honestly exactly like the mom did.. Once the pollen sacks started opening, if you rubbed one, you got the strongest yummy blueberry smell! it was ridiculuos.
I also grew out 1 of the females from the seeds... (all the other seedlings i gifted to friends)... The one female i grew turned out smelling just like the mother clone, albeit it was considerably more leafy..(it was flowering in winter tho).. It ended up getting fucked up, and harvested early.. Not turning out nearly as good as the original clone, but still had that same yummy blueberry smell....

So ya, sorry for the ramble.. Jus ttrying to explain the male... Still confused how i got a male from selfed beans... But it was no doubt a BLUEBERRY male, 100% blueberry smelling male to the extreme... I was talkin with a friend, and he said something about a Thai being in blueberries, and that Thais can naturally seed, much like i said... Finding beans in the calyx/not the buds...and able to make true male/female seeds even when no male was present to make the beans....

I dont know.. So i guess buyer beware maybe? as the male i used would be questionable to some...
I have grown out the Green Crack x Dabney Blue.. And it turned out GREAT, could definitely see both the Blueberry and the Green Crack to the cross.

Anywayze, enough rambles.. Just a little info about the male i used...
Ive never done any breeding, and when i lost the Dabney clone, and found a male from its seeds.. I figured what the hell, and crossed him to a few of my 'elite' clone onlys
\
So its a purple joy/blubeery dabney cross you sent in? :yummy: cant wait for these to get on the bay. I've been looking for a purple strain to add to my garden

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya MJM-the only thing i had ever seen on metal haze was j.k.s two pages on it in the third book( i think third) while i respect his opinion, it is just an opinion. but when i smoked both metal haze and iron cindy, i understand why he gave it two pages! not only was it incredible smoke, but the high really came through in the iron cindy cross.(not that cindy has a bad high on her own, its pretty incredible, but MH has a signature high IM<admittedly limited>E that is SOOOOOAAARRRRINNNNGGGG. )