What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

san diegos finest seeds

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all. figured i would start a thread where i could post info on seeds that came to the 420 auction and are now coming to the server auction. these seeds are being produced by growers and friends from the san diegos finest thread in the med forums(hence the name of this thread.)
---we are not a seed company. we do not sell seeds. some of us are just learning the basics, and want to spread the genes, and help support ICmag along the way.
---this will be a place for us to post the info and background of the closet crosses we make. and for info on the strains as people all around grow them out.
--most, if not all of these crosses will be untested as we all stay under our plant number limits. though some will have been run once or twice. bidders should keep this in mind as they decide how much these seeds are worth to them.
--we will have some very interesting genes coming around this year. hope every one enjoys...:joint:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
these are shots of the first cross i sent in. GDP x HTC Skunk ibl

picture.php

picture.php

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this week more will be sent in:
p91 x iron cindy
GDP x HTC Skunk ibl
gods gift x dabney blueberry
purple joy x dabney blueberry
...i will let the bros responsible for the latter two crosses give you the background....as for the first two, p91 is a northern lights cubing (i believe) project done by some local boys here in dago. while the high is not completely knockout-she is a strain i adore for a sleep aid. matter of fact, she is the best ive had for insomnia. this was crossed to some iron cindy pollen from up northern cali. metal haze x cindy99(f3, i think, from brothers grimm stock) . i did not select the male, it was done by someone with far more knowledge. i also have sampled the cindy99 used in the cross(and i have some flowering right now). i sampled both the iron cindy buds-excellent sativa smoke-fruity flavor with some dank--and the metal haze buds were incredible! hazy, stinky, tiny, stinky, hazy, and they were tiny too. shit, im rambling......
---some more of the iron cindy pollen will be hitting my GDP mama here this next 4 to 5 weeks. i should have enough to hit Albert Walker with some too. we will see.

Last edited:
J

JeffSpicoli

Ill do more explaining tomorrow, as im extremely sleepy right now:joint:
But here are some pics...

Purple Joy
21729DSCF6199.jpg

21729DSCF6202.jpg

21729DSCF6236.jpg

21729DSCF6341.jpg

Gods Gift
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest5703

Awesome, this is sweet Sub I can't wait to get mine started ;)

B

Brother_Monk

Excellent thread guys. This should help get them server fund beans off the shelf. Sub and Spicoli know how to rock the house! :headbange

:ying:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ribsauce-thank you
---cali, cant wait either man! those are gonna be some awesome crosses
--richard g- seedbay has the server fund auction. that is where these seeds will be available from. good luck
--afroman-i will let spicoli give a lil background on the purple joy-he knows the story better than i. that is one of the strains he hit with the dabney pollen
---money-whats up my easterly dago?!
---fluke-they will be going into seedbay within the week.
---brother monk-thanks man. that says alot coming from you and we appreciate it. and thanks for your guidance so far.:joint:

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Good to see things are heading in great direction for you sub!!!
congrats and wish the best for you on this endeavor.
Ragga

J

JeffSpicoli

That purple joy looks amazing.I'm gonna have to grap a pack of those. is that an outdoor strain?

Purple Joy-----

A friends family has been growing in the emerald triangle for decades. The story goes, they had like 15 different Purple strains... Basically you name it, they had it... They did a few runs of everything indoors, and of all the purple strains they grew, the Purple Joy was without a doubt the best... They hoarded this strain, and it was the family 'heirloom cut'...
When my friend brought the strain down here, they told him to keep it on lockdown and not pass it out... This was a couple years ago, and it has since been passed out/ restrictions lifted... I have since given the cut to APE, and he is vending it in clubs.
For a while i though potentially it was the same as the SR71 PK... But after smoking the sr71 PK i know they are in fact completely different cuts.. Also APE has both the sr71 and the purple joy, and he said in veg they are night and day different looking.

Anywayze, i personally like the purple joy as my favorite purps. It can be a little bit tricky to fully dial in, and is a really low yielder... But the smoke is top notch, amazing flavor, and a surprisingly potent/good stone compared to most purps.

Ill get some dry shots from my friends Purple Joy... He just pulled one down from indoors, and it is INSANE....

Also, this plant does amazing outdoors, i would imagine the cross to the Dabney will do amazing outdoors as well.. Should hopefully bump up the yield a little bit, but still have an amazing flavor

Another note: ive had a couple people say they could see the purple joy potentially being the purple indica... But i have no experience with the PI to compare it too

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Right on, Apes strains across the globe, these are some possible elite material seeds guys, scoop 'em up while you can.

Excellent initiative guys!

J

JeffSpicoli

I remember i had some really killer pictures of my Dabney Male... But now that i reformated my computer since, i cant find a lot of my old pics...
I did find these 2 though.
picture.php

picture.php

I got a Dabney Blue clone from APE... It had PM, so i put her outside to flower, and never saved any cuts... She ended up being the BOMBEST blueberry i have EVER had... Straight up blueberry muffins to the FULLEST. The high was EXTREMELY enjoyable, and the flavor was exactly the same as the smell... Tasted soooo good.. I loved it, and didnt wanna share any/ smoke it all for myself... A friend of mine offered me $300 for a half oz, and i couldnt refuse.. thats how good it was.
Anywayse, i found 7 seeds in the dabney.. It was odd though, the seeds werent in the buds... On the base of the stem of each top cola.. Inside the pre-flower/ calyx.. There was a seed.. Not inside the buds like you normally find a seed.. But at the bottom of the stem, inside the Calyx... Had a nice crystal coated 'skin' around a perfect seed
picture.php

picture.php

So i figured i got some S1 seeds.. So i sprouted them out.. All looked good, and i decided to put one out to flower outside with some other girls... It wasnt long before it showed a male... I thought this was VERY odd, cause i figured i had feminized seeds...
Well this male, had a identical leaf structure to the clone-only mom... As she matured, the pollen sacks REEEKED of blueberries.. Smelled honestly exactly like the mom did.. Once the pollen sacks started opening, if you rubbed one, you got the strongest yummy blueberry smell! it was ridiculuos.
I also grew out 1 of the females from the seeds... (all the other seedlings i gifted to friends)... The one female i grew turned out smelling just like the mother clone, albeit it was considerably more leafy..(it was flowering in winter tho).. It ended up getting fucked up, and harvested early.. Not turning out nearly as good as the original clone, but still had that same yummy blueberry smell....

So ya, sorry for the ramble.. Jus ttrying to explain the male... Still confused how i got a male from selfed beans... But it was no doubt a BLUEBERRY male, 100% blueberry smelling male to the extreme... I was talkin with a friend, and he said something about a Thai being in blueberries, and that Thais can naturally seed, much like i said... Finding beans in the calyx/not the buds...and able to make true male/female seeds even when no male was present to make the beans....

I dont know.. So i guess buyer beware maybe? as the male i used would be questionable to some...
I have grown out the Green Crack x Dabney Blue.. And it turned out GREAT, could definitely see both the Blueberry and the Green Crack to the cross.

Anywayze, enough rambles.. Just a little info about the male i used...
Ive never done any breeding, and when i lost the Dabney clone, and found a male from its seeds.. I figured what the hell, and crossed him to a few of my 'elite' clone onlys

N

NOYB

Spicoli...I wouldn't necessarily say those Dabney beans are S1's because of the preflowers getting pollinated. Almost sounds more like the plant got hit with pollen somehow VERY early on and lean towards it not being hermie. It would have had to hermie before any pistils started showing up in the 'normal' places. I know you can pollinate a vegging mom's preflowers and get viable beans while she is maintained in a state of veg. Not saying it was but that cut could have been pollinated while in a veg room.

BTW that male looks pretty darn good. My first impression is it should help yields and structure of that Purple Joy.

J

JeffSpicoli

The only other time i have had any other pollen around was from a pure afghani male my friend had.. It REEKED of roadkillskunk.... Straight up, my friend had a roadkillskunk male.. Not bullshitting... I tried using some of that male and chucking it to a headband bagseed i had flowering... This was my first time trying to make seeds, and i ended up cutting the headband s1 to early, and none of the seeds were fully mature... I suppose it would be possible that some of this pollen hit my Dabney Blue clone... This was actually quite a long time ago, and now that i think about it was roughly around the same time... So it could very likely be a DabneyxAfghani that was the male... Its weird as the male literally was like a identical carbon copy of the female dabney clone, but a male

Thinking back to that Afghani pollen i had.... Im really bummed i fucked up with that, lol.. Should have tried to collect and store that pollen

Excellent news!! I for one am trying very patiently to wait on getting a few of APE's strains going in my garden. That purple is simply incredible looking, low yeilding doesn't much matter to me as a simple gardener just taking care of my own med needs. I'd easily find room for a few of those!!

I think APE is my hero now!! Can hardly wait for 6/15 and have it marked on the calendar!!