What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moroccan Sinus Problems

viper

Does anybody else find that Morrocan hash effects their sinuses ?

I get some terrible reactions sometimes, like an allergy. My sinuses fill up & block. I have to give them a blast with anti-histomein spray to shift it.

Vapour

The Herbal Gerbil
Are you sure you have pure hash? Could be an allergy to an adulterant. Could be shipping residue?

viper

Perhaps its just me then, but any grade of Moroccan seems to have this effect.

I don't smoke adulterated stuff knowingly, but after 17 & half years its a phenomena I'm curious about.

I don't have problems with any other hash from any other hash producing nation, just Moroccan.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
How weird... Only Moroccan ? Maybe it could be an allergy to soem contaminant contained in the fertilizers ? Kif growing has increased alot in the past ten years, and growers are using more and more chemical fertilizers. Take care, and give up moroccan !

Irie !

viper

Thanks Iko,

Actually I usually smoke buds for that very reason. We don't see much in the way of black hash over here. If there is hash it is usually some grade of polm. Or Soapbar, which I haven't touched in a decade.

Skip

Veteran
Viper, I was just remembering Gypsy's Video of his moroccan adventure. I saw one thing that might be affecting you. After they seal the bricks for export, they sprinkle them with baby powder! Perhaps it's this powder's residue that you are allergic to?

Skip

Veteran
Another possibility...

If your nasal passages are filling up then take more notice of how you inhale your smoke. Are you using a pipe that allows the smoke to easily get into your nose? Are you exhaling thru your nose?

Sometimes people don't even notice this, but when I'm not careful and breathe cannabis smoke thru my nose it always irritates it, so I try to avoid that. And I found that its usually a result of the device I'm using or just inattention to what I'm doing.

Just an idea...

After all we shouldn't be smoking with our noses, no?

Also Moroccan hash, esp. the best quality does leave a nice resinous film on your breathing passages. I actually enjoy that effect, but I can see where it could bother others not used to it.

Another possibility: I've watched them make hashish in Morocco and it does get everywhere including the floor, where it can pickup quite a bit of dust. Also the cannabis is stored for a long time before processing in large piles where dust and animal hairs might settle too. So take your pick of allergens in Moroccan hash!

viper

Hi Skip,

Been toking Morrocan almost as long as Ive been smoking - 171/2 years, so I'm pretty used to it.

The natural contaminants of the hash's origin are my best guess which was why I asked if anyone else had noticed this effect. Smoe of the folks I've spoken to over the years around the coffeeshops have noticed it. From various countries.

Yes the nose thing, I notice that some grades more than others can leave a burning sensation in the nasal passages like pepper.

The baby powder thing intests me. Is it added before or after the hash is sealed ? Does it actually make contact with the hash ?

Whats the latest on the opiated hashish thing ?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
To feel a peppery sensation in the nose, that makes you sneeze is not uncommon with good grade hash or weed. It happens to me also, but nothing such as the "terrible reactions" you describe in your first post.

Maybe you are especially sensitive to soem compounds or maybe allergic to some pollen (from non cannabis plants) that could contaminate the resin ?

Irie !

Latest posts

Latest posts