What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MA Recreational Sales Begin Tuesday 11/20

If these dispensaries aren't making enough money then they will put bribes and pressure on politicians to reel back home growers and force the tax on us.

How come the guys who paid bribes to the Fall River Mayor are not in hot water?

Like AG was saying, they'll probably successfully play the victim card. Those who were turned away because they wouldn't pay the bribes are the real victims though. Really only seeing big boys with big $$ in the game right now because of the bribes and other kickbacks required to get started. And the state is flat out ignoring all of it. It took fed involvement to stop what happened in fall river.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
If the mayor say's to them it cost $$ to get lic it's extortion from him. The shops are only paying what the official says they have to. Thats not a bribe. A bribe would be if the would be rec shop offered money exceeding what mayor said the lic cost. To assure they get it. I'm sure that has happen to but all I read was the Mayor screwing them for his signature.

That makes sense.
They got him for shaking down some lady he got a job for too. She gave him half her pay.

Green Squall

Gubner just banned Vaping product sales until January 2020. Gonna make for a mess, I reckon.

I stopped being surprised about these kinds of things even since our legislators went behind our backs when Recreational was voted in. About the ban, I don't even vape, yet this pisses me off so bad. Not just about the cannabis products, but mostly because a lot of people will probably go back to cigarettes.

Americangrower

Veteran
This is a fokking joke. Health concerns my AZZ. The truth is tobacco sales has dropped another 11% in the last 4 months. That means so has the state tobacco tax and the tobacco companies stocks. It's all about the loss of tax money which goes to paying the billion dollar lawsuit that former smokers won years ago.

Oh it's about our health, thats why they are banning all tobacco sales RIGHT.

Americangrower

Veteran
It's a political shut-up-the-soccer-moms move. Massive tax on juice to follow i bet.

They already have a massive tax on ejuice. Thats not what big tobacco wants. Whats going to happen because big tobacco lobbyist are filling their pockets. They are going to ban all ejuice and only let pod systems like Juul and Blu sell ecigs. Since they are owned by big tobacco companies.

Tho big t wouldn't mind even them being ban, all the want are their smokers back.

Latest posts

Latest posts