What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 420 Rules & Entering conditions

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i looked at it and even though it is subjective, there does seem to be 1 or 2 that have strangely abnormal voting pattern with some exceptions that seem even more worrying. so its a bit of a hard call, but thats on a human level, on a logical level i have to agree, we have to be consequent. we already have moved a long way by disallowing anyone to judge in any category they entered, but that doesn't stop a friend of a friend trying to have an effect on the outcome beyond 1 man1 vote. i i'm tempted to agree, anyone that was an outlier again and again, should probably not be a voting judge, their voting record is too sporadic to keep things straight.

the only reason i hesitate is that it's like making an accusation of tactical voting. won't be fun giving the news, thats for sure.

Have skip deliver the news ha. From what I remember some votes were fairly obvious. Shame to see...

Maybe a deadline to pick up judge packs as well? If you get your pack at the last minute how can you fairly judge samples?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well i talked with some folks and we are not all agreed if this was really tactical voting or just a subjective thing wuth over all low scores for anything they don't consider perfect. no consistent pattern can be proven or no consistent beneficiary either....it's complicated.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bummer there is no CDB category. However, I suppose that would mandate testing of all entries in that category to ensure they do belong there.

dank.Frank

Oakmountain

Hello sourkush! and everyone else!

I cant seem to pm you but i would like to enter the cup this year. Im guessing my account dont have that privilage to send pm's since im new here. Hope you can help me with that please ? :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hello sourkush! and everyone else!

I cant seem to pm you but i would like to enter the cup this year. Im guessing my account dont have that privilage to send pm's since im new here. Hope you can help me with that please ? :)

activated your pms, at least i hope i did. let me know if it works. pm sk for entry details.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bummer there is no CDB category. However, I suppose that would mandate testing of all entries in that category to ensure they do belong there.

dank.Frank

This is the level we need to shoot for,,,imo,, all samples should be iso 17025 accredited and gc tested,,

How do you guys feel about the white Ash test too?

Cbd category,, genius,, this marks a change in the game,, it's now about terp contents, chemotypes, cbg, thca,, we grow crystals nowadays,,, so so much has changed since 1999

It's weak to not test entries,, cali guys have got the right idea nowadays,, test or its black market

Also,, truecannablis makes a good point,,, if one were to actively look to influence results,, you may simply take multiple friends who can identify by site,, the only way to stop this would be to limit judging passes,, only alow individuals from different walks of life,, no buddy groups or clicks,, or anyone involved in the industry apart from being a grower and smoker,,

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
This is the level we need to shoot for,,,imo,, all samples should be iso 17025 accredited and gc tested,,

Cbd category,, genius,, this marks a change in the game,, it's now about terp contents, chemotypes, cbg, thca,, we grow crystals nowadays,,, so so much has changed since 1999

It's weak to not test entries,, cali guys have got the right idea nowadays,, test or its black market

Also,, truecannablis makes a good point,,, if one were to actively look to influence results,, you may simply take multiple friends who can identify by site,, the only way to stop this would be to limit judging passes,, only alow individuals from different walks of life,, no buddy groups or clicks,, or anyone involved in the industry apart from being a grower and smoker,,

at this stage we have a situation where you can't judge any category you entered, neither can your crew members or employees. further more we have an outlier recognition system that lets us check for tactical voting. all the scores will be visible to all like always. can't do more then that. most cups don't even have transparent voting set up, where as we do it openly and entries are numbered randomly.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Transparent voting( all scores posted online after Cup) makes this the most legit cup there is.
Yes you might be able to cheat but we will see and either disqualify or it will be known all over the industry so just as bad.

Peace

hazyfontazy

Veteran

All entries delivered by Matt brinks and all judges to have medical and criminal screening. ..

Cause we wouldn't want it to be fun would we !

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't want to seem dogmatic but testing is bound to be a factor at some point,, how much do we actually care about iso 17025?,, it's a fair question

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wish my flowers would be done in time to participate this year, but I don't think that will be the case. It'll have to be my goal for 2020. I've always wanted to, but timing never seems to work out. I need to plan better!!!

dank.Frank

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I don't want to seem dogmatic but testing is bound to be a factor at some point,, how much do we actually care about iso 17025?,, it's a fair question

we have looked at this before mate, but it's a bit pricy, any test worth doing will cost in the region of 100 to 200 euros per sample depending what all it's tested for. this would totally change the whole way the cup is run as it would mean charging people to enter so we can at least partially cover the testing, but then thats just the beginning, a real test that people won't just scoff and laugh at, takes times, no way can a lab test 70 to maybe 100 and more samples in a matter of 4 days. in the end this cup is about what the judges like, i doubt pesticide weed will taste nice. in principle i agree, testing far bad shit is the next step, just need to find the right resources to make it possible.

as for tests to tell you the thc amount etc, i find those totally irrelevant, have seen low thc strains like sour power beat out high thc level strains too many times to take much account of the thc numbers alone, when we know it's about the ratios and the terps too.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Yes,, i totally understand

don't get me wrong, in principle it's a great idea. we just need to find a way to make it feasible.

wold be great to know there are no pesticides, molds etc....on the other hand if you enter anything other then the best of the best you won't stand a chance in this cup, so i imagine folks are not entering such rubbish in the first place.

still, its certainly something worth keeping in mind for the future.

Latest posts

Latest posts