What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HIP HOP HEADS, JOIN US!!!

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
damn i like papoose right now. jae hood been nice and i love his gun talk...even though I understand some would find him repetitive. all the wu cats are cool...i remember when 36 chambers came out...took me a while to adjust to that after a steady diet of west coast ish. jeru the damaja was like that for me too. i listen to a lot of dipset..just cuz I spent a lot of time in harlem and i can relate to 'em kinda...cam still can't rap his way out of a paper bag though. just goes to show that lyrics most definitely aren't everything.

I used to listen to 50 back in the mid 90s...he had a track on a DJ Enuff mixtape that I got as a European import. I thought he was cool back then...and original too. What's really killed him is the sheer volume of shit he's put out. If he'd slowed his roll and put out fewer tracks, he'd have more respect in a way. That's how I feel right now, anyway. I've seen lil kids claimin' G-Unit out in Jamaica Queens..

Last edited:

BabyHughie

username, you know it brother :joint: I like the (old) before dilated peoples and jayz. TRUE!

the lorax said:
haha x-men. the justice league is also pretty heady.

i didnt see anyone mention eyedea and ability, maybe i missed it... but worthy of mention

there is nothing better than abilities on the tables and eyedea freestylin on the mic...other than when you add Dibbs and Slug to the equation, then it just gets crazy! :D

glock, HELL YEAH MAN! If someone had the means to organize it (get sponsors, schedule artists, ect.) I bet we would get a damn good turn out. Think about all the artist who burn...there are alot of them :D

Blazed_Out

the lorax said:
do any of you produce your own beats?
Yes!
Just really got into making beats 2 years ago... still learning though! Just finished a sound engineering course.
The problem with my beats is that my ideas cannot channel into the music, it frustrates me when my ideas turn sour after creating something that sounds good, then when you come back to finish it off it sounds lame and I wonder how and why I made the beat in the first place.
I'm patient, I'll perfect my sound as time goes by.

Artie Lange

i notice hip hop has a formula. it changes every few years. currently.

lil jon-ish beat + uneducated southern dude prentending to sell them cracks yo= hit

3 years ago it was the era of the guy/girl duet ala jarule.

im still listening to the same cds i was in 97-98. sad

big mike

Laxpunker said:
Haha holy shit, a Voltron reference...next thing I know some one will respond to

"THUNDER"....(Insert rest)

ThunderCats.. Hooooe!!! lol... :joint:

Sorry,
Great thread.. continue on.. :wave:

Scorp1on

Sup guys! Im currently 23, back in the days when I was around 12-14 I was listening to some garbage like Green days, The offpring and Nirvana. Till 1 day I heard that song on the radio: California love, I was like damn this rapper kick ass, even tho i didnt know who it was(2pac). A couple days later I got myself the album All eyes on me... and it started that way I sold all my CD/tape of green day and other shit and started to buy alot of rapper's CD and wear hip hop cloth...

I currently have over 300CD and around 40gig of mixtape and promo CD on my cpu. I still listen to 2pac every week and he's my favorite rapper, too bad he's dead cos he would be the one running the game IMO. Im a R&B hater, I really hate those fags singing like a girl and crying like a baby on a track :chin: .I listen to US rappers mostly, my main language is french but I dont really like the french hip hop.

What I listen to mostly in my cars right now:
2pac - All eyes on me(I got another copy of it cos my original was scratchy)
T.I. - Urban Legend
Tony Yayo ...
Juvenile - Reality Check
Juvenile and UTP - The Beginning of the end
Obie Trice - Cheers
Nas - Stillmatic

I also got 1 of those:
Pioneer CD Player and its fully loaded of rap.

Im always listening to some hiphop :joint: unless I work...right now Im listenning to KRS-1 :bow:

Cya :wave: Peace!

Last edited:
G

Project Pat ft. Young Jeezy and Lyfe Jennings -Tell-

-={STOP SNITCHING}=-

I think im gonna have to bump "forty water" also.
-he's from the soil where them rappers be gettin they lingo from.

Last edited:

Artie Lange

up here in da norf we be speakin dat ill shit yo,chuurch

EnglishMotherfucker.jpg

G

glock, an amsterdam festival sounds like a badass idea. I plan on going this fall for the first time with some friends. only issues I think would be organizing and financing really but I bet we could make it happen, maybe rent a conference center and get some catering, music, comfy couches, plenty of dank.. lol.. dude we should send over a disciple with some killer beans like 3 months ahead of time so he or she can run a couple 1ks and supply the event rofl.. save some $ and up the quality..

blaze, you got any finished beats you wanna share? always been a fantasy of mine to have an OG/IC unerground hip hop thing goin on.. lol...

G

glock23 said:
we need to throw a big ass hip-hop show in amsterdam where everyone can get high and meet people :] i know there's a lot of celebrities who'd be down...

i'm down motherfuckers! if this ever gets rolling i'd really like to be a part, even though i'm from the US.

lorax, sending the ganja missionary is a DAMN good idea. if we could pull it off there would be mad flavors for everyone! don't forget a good 30-day cure!

blaze, lorax, what do you guys use? i use reason 3.0, and a casio plugged into my computer. yall should post up some mp3s if you got 'em, i'll do the same. i know that stoners make the most creative music. not saying that mine's worth a shit.....but i like to hear what like minds are doing.

abilities is rad...."for persons with dj abilities" is a good listen.

foreign legion "kindapper van" quality shit, give it a whirl!

gift of gab "4th dimensional rocketships going up" holla!

G

actually I dont produce my own beats right now. I used to toy with this free playstation disc a friend of mine got that was a simple beat studio, and i definitely learned that i like making music. but my financial state right now is such that uh, i cant really get into it unless its free heh. its definitely something I consider a hobby (on pause right now) that I would like to get into more when i have $ to buy equipment and programs and whatnot. but hey i do like to write...

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
some hip hop acts i see mentioned in the thread that i like, like jedi mind tricks, great duo.
one of my personal favorite hiphop albums have to be the first two albums by killarmy, those two are master pieces.
:D
peace.

BabyHughie

User Name said:
i'm down motherfuckers! if this ever gets rolling i'd really like to be a part, even though i'm from the US.

lorax, sending the ganja missionary is a DAMN good idea. if we could pull it off there would be mad flavors for everyone! don't forget a good 30-day cure!

blaze, lorax, what do you guys use? i use reason 3.0, and a casio plugged into my computer. yall should post up some mp3s if you got 'em, i'll do the same. i know that stoners make the most creative music. not saying that mine's worth a shit.....but i like to hear what like minds are doing.

abilities is rad...."for persons with dj abilities" is a good listen.

foreign legion "kindapper van" quality shit, give it a whirl!

gift of gab "4th dimensional rocketships going up" holla!

'for persons with dj abilities' is one of my favorite mix tapes. Got to love them mix tapes. gonna have to peep that foreign legion, never heard or them. Gift always comes with the raw type flavor :D

YES!!! Post up your MP3s. My buddy and I have been thinking about trying to make some dope shit. He has a musical ear you could say, and damn boy can he play the drums. We're just mad poor right now, wish I wouldn't have sold my tables back when. :pointlaug :confused:

PazVerde, now how you gonna hate on my man Stoupe like that.

some hip hop acts i see mentioned in the thread that i like, like jedi mind tricks, great duo.

Although I guess you could call them a duo now, I dont' think Jus Allah fucks with them anymore. Could be wrong though hopefully it was just a rumor.

tbc OG

Yeaaaaaah, finally my home.

I got into hip hop back in the day with wu-tang, but kind of took a break for a while and listened to a lot of techno and shit.

Now i'm back to listening to mainly hip-hop, but def. not mainstream.

My fav artists are now MF Doom, MadLib, Aesop Rock, Apathy, Jedi Mind Tricks, Swollen Members, Blackalicious, Pharcyde, Mobb Deep, Outerspace, Louis Logic, Non Phixion, all those Wu-Tang guys, and so on.

I hate telling people I like hip hop and then they say "Me too!! Lets bump some G-UNIT!!" ....urggg, lets not buddy....

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
representin the lord quas and madlib.

ps: new school rap/ hip hop sucks SOOO bad. p.o.s music just made for money......

Laxpunker

the lorax said:
do any of you produce your own beats?

Well I have Fruity Loops, so far I haven't been able to produce anything of quality. However it does give me something to do when I'm stoned and rained in. I know it doesn't compare to actual tables or anything, but you can almost get the same product.

Are any of you guys into that whole Screwed and Chopped scene? I have Juve's "Juve the Great" s/c by Michael Watts. It's catchy...but I know it's utter trash, I just can't help myself.

G

tbcOG touched on a few good additions also, like apathy etc.. he is with celph titled in demigodz.. i just heard some of their shit today... some was just ok, but some was fucking awesome.. dont know the names of the tracks, but download some if you can..

Latest posts

Latest posts