What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves curling on my cookies!

Outside, in dirt, PH around 7, Pura Vida Grow and Cal Mag at or below 500ppm (every other watering) but I'm getting this leaf curl on my cookie plants.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• curl1.JPG
    curl1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 6
ohh nasty looking.. sad times... flush them out for like a week with only ph-ed water.. and i would drop the ph in the water if you can... at least by 1... so ph 6.. in veg i go 5.5 in flower 6.2 but yeah hopefully a good flushing can sort this out..

but cant give you specific info as to what the problem is... i have read before what can cause leaf curling but to much of a stoner to remember.. good luck mate..

i really dont know about spider mite.. ive never seen spider mites do this.. and im sure if there this far a problem you would notice webs everywhere and i think i would even be able to see them in the pics.. the webs of course not the minute sized spiders..

leaves curling up can be caused from heat stress..

StoneyK

Veteran
Heat stress...
Not spider mites.
I dont see dammaged leaves just curled.
Id bulk up the mulch at the base of the plant to help keep the root zone cooler so it can deal with the heat better

Scrappy-doo

Sorry to say, I have to agree with chunk... looks like broads or russets. My condolances bro. Get a loupe to confirm, and read the big threads on each. Act fast and you might be able to get them under control before flowering begins.

420peezy

I agree with chunk and scrappy, definitely broad or russet mites. Look into a pesticide that targets Cyclamen mites specifically, they are the family of soft shelled mites that includes broad and russet mites.

C

Collembola

everybody seems to be saying everybodys plants have mites in the infirmary section (????????????????????).

i agree with post #4, #5 about heat stress.

- they also look like they would appreciate a spray with epsom salts / magnesium.

(make them healthy and strong and less succeptible to environmental issues like heat stress...)

shredGnar

hate to tell you, but i think chunk, scrappy, and peezy are correct.. get a 60x-100x scope like chunk says and check your newest growth and underneath the curling leaves.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
yeah that does look like broad mites to me as well, i'd say its not heat stress because you can see all the new growth is retarded like that, classic russet/broad mite infestation imo... and i believe they dont make webs either... and are super small... gl bro

if it was heat stress you would see it on the biggest fans also, but nothing really... the only other thing i could think of that makes the leaves curl up like that would be overwaqtering also, but if i had to bet it would be broad mites..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kinda does look like Broad mites or Hemp Russet Mites 2 me... the leaf curl & canoe, plus the new growth looking all twisted. scope them ASAP and look for little broads and hemp russets, there are some good threads with pictures of plants affected by hrm's and Bm's