What's new

NPR: How well can you hear audio quality.

vostok

Veteran
Go get yourself checked out, if you love music,
then put an end to thinking its your fault,
once you may get the ok from the doc,
upgrade your sound system ...my buddy did!

WelderDan

Veteran
The higher the bit rate, the better the sound quality in MP3 recordings.

Also, MP3 isn't the greatest format for hi-fi.

You're average or above if you got 4 out of 6.

vostok

Veteran
^^ as per Dan, there are better formats ...one that my buddies use is Flac. I don't use it I'm happy with Mp3, but the pros use it..it could almost be raw non compressed, but as uncompressed makes the audio file huge..!

KONY

Veteran
The higher the bit rate, the better the sound quality in MP3 recordings.

Also, MP3 isn't the greatest format for hi-fi.

You're average or above if you got 4 out of 6.

Did you click the link? There were 2 various quality mp3s, and much higher quality wav files. Wavs are great unless you have expensive speakers, then flac or others will make a difference.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
When I clicked on this thread I was just going to point out that it was the hosts speaking too quietly and not your impairment.

Then when I realized that it was a quiz by NPR I laughed.

Then when I realized I would have had to listen to Katy Perry and Jay Z I died a little inside.

I will probably try it if I stumble across headphones as my speakers are an embarrassment to any speakers made in the last century.

JRace

Did you click the link? There were 2 various quality mp3s, and much higher quality wav files. Wavs are great unless you have expensive speakers, then flac or others will make a difference.

FLAC is a container for WAV files, it can be compressed or uncompressed, and can contain tagging data (artist, album, genre, etc).

It is no better than wav for sound quality.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
my ears ring too and my hearing is SHOT ,,ironically prob partially from guns....also loud music and the pounding die hammer in the steel mill..you could hear that mofo blocks away..as I get older theres less I wanna hear anyhow...yeehaw

Latest posts

Latest posts