What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning plants in greenhouse possible?

X

XxCaptiankushxX

Can anyone tell me if they have had any success cloning plants Ina greenhouse with or with out supplemental lighting or electricity? Or must they be under a t5 fluorescent under 24 hours light? Thanks...

vostok

Veteran
No you don't ..they even cloned plants up in the International Space Station, last time when Obama and Putin were buddies,
keep the light low and even, you don't need the plants blasting under the sun or any grow light, just a small 25w cfl will do, keep up the warmth to 22c/70f, and under 24 hours light for 10 days ...easy!

X

XxCaptiankushxX

Ok, I am off grid with no power, I'm seeing if it's possible to clone without electricity. I have a generator, but seeing if I could do it with running the generator constantly

vostok

Veteran
the deal for me anyways is to get roots on them cuts as quick as possible, so as not to interrupt the grow room ......flow

for me thats with a bubble cloner, bubbling 02 into a solution of ph neutral water, without light, I have seen roots growing in ink, even olive oil, guys jerking around, but under the right conditions rootlets do and can emerge under the strangest of conditions

there is a post someplace here on this:

Sticky: CLONERS- a collection of various methods
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=169382

As you will see its no biggy, just teasing out rootlets from under the cambium(bark) of any plant is fun, more fun tho with weed bark ...lol

I would just make an area with some shade for them. I imagine the sun is too powerful for clones just raw dog like that. How are you gonna veg when natural light starts flowering?

X

XxCaptiankushxX

These would be for a second green house run. And Vostok,yes I under stand differnt ways to clone. I have many rock wool domes and and a easy cloner machine. I guess my question is more about light intensity and length of lightning . Would rock wool slabs sitting in shade for 13 hrs of day natural daylight be enough?

And bill b, I would just veg and start adding suplimental light to the end of the day starting at the summer solstice . Which I think would be August 10.

gorilla ganja

clones should root just fine maybe not as fast as under idea conditions.
but 13 hrs of light and they will probably go into flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts