What's new

Whats up with my ez cloner?

I usually dont have cloner issues. Ive got a ez cloner 128. Ive taken tons of clones. Ive had issues before but nothing that bleach or physan didnt fix.

The water is NOT slimy. Its crystal clean. temps are staying about 78 humidity is 55%.

I use 75%ro 25%tap. 5ml per gallon k-l-n and 5ml per gallon Pro-Tekt and roottech gel and ph 6.0

The plants look terrible, soft limpish leaves, but the stems inside the cloner look like roots want to explode from them. Their about 10 days old since cutting.

q1fJ9MC.jpg

qpeOpTi.jpg

JXuVlqT.jpg

AotHwOd.jpg

GtsSeko.jpg

Could this be a bacterial or viral thing going on?

vostok

Veteran
... temps are staying about 78 humidity is 55%. ..THIS

you do have nubs, that some roots will grow from, your mother is less than perfect, as in most cases red staining is indicative of too cooler grow space, perhaps at night..?

you know your stuff, and have sensibly light proofed ya box ...good for you

but you don't need any harsh light ..you want their photosynthesize motors to just tick over, so a 25w cfl is good, raise the RH some by adding a bucket of water too

you are still in the 2 week zone ...4 weeks you may bitch ..2 weeks is not long enough

good luck
"V"

were you saying my temps and humidity are the problem with the THIS?

I would agree my moms arent perfect, but they were more than happy seeming when i took cuts. Ill try to get you a pic of them.

I just use a simple t5 light.

and to zamzia you have a dome for your ez cloner?

Golden Tree

Ambient temps and nutrients were my biggest issue when I started using my easy cloner...I found a cooler overall room temp... with a higher water temp quickly solved my problems..I have an ambient room temp of 72-74...with my cloning water at 78-80..(fish tank heater..probe type)..also I'd cut my R/O with straight tap H2O...to a ppm reading of 90ish...50/50 tap..R/O...add zero nutes to the solution...nothing but R/O and tap water...the chlorine added by your city will prevent any unnecessary algae...microbeblooms..the chlorine will keep your system clean....

I too thought this was insane...but tried it and BAM!....those little cuttings need nothing but good water...no cloning gels...powders...water conditioners..etc...

100% success rate now...plants never lose their turgidity...never yellow...and just explode roots...:)...

Just what has worked for me...good luck buddy...

I run my cloner 365 days a year..clean it every two-three months...have had no issues of molds...rots...etc

Much respect friends

Golden Tree

And anytime we can save a buck on plant food...lets do it...:)

Last edited:

jewcebox

Ambient temps and nutrients were my biggest issue when I started using my easy cloner...I found a cooler overall room temp... with a higher water temp quickly solved my problems..I have an ambient room temp of 72-74...with my cloning water at 78-80..(fish tank heater..probe type)..also I'd cut my R/O with straight tap H2O...to a ppm reading of 90ish...50/50 tap..R/O...add zero nutes to the solution...nothing but R/O and tap water...the chlorine added by your city will prevent any unnecessary algae...microbeblooms..the chlorine will keep your system clean....

I too thought this was insane...but tried it and BAM!....those little cuttings need nothing but good water...no cloning gels...powders...water conditioners..etc...

100% success rate now...plants never lose their turgidity...never yellow...and just explode roots...:)...

Just what has worked for me...good luck buddy...

I run my cloner 365 days a year..clean it every two-three months...have had no issues of molds...rots...etc

Much respect friends

Golden Tree

And anytime we can save a buck on plant food...lets do it...:)

i do this but with some clonex solution for the cloner at 2ml a gallon. its all about the temp of the water in the cloner. ever with my room at like 75 the cloner is at like 80+ as the pump actually does create a decent amount of heat it left on and not cleaned for a while.

a few ice cubes can help with that.

so if you can try to bring ze temps down, and maybe try a 15 off 45 minute on schedule for the cloner

420Stylez

what i do is...

what i do is...

I run a 128 site as well... I use tap water only, using 3 2 liter frozen bottles to keep temps in check during the summer and less and less as the seasons turn colder, one thing I do differently is take off more leafs. when my system is 100 and doing well I can get white nubs in 3-5 days and long roots in 7 most times and strains...

I got crap build up in my cloner and have taken it down to clean for the moment itll get clean later today.... I am going to start using pool shock in it to keep the crud at bay after a thurough cleaning... also how often do you change your water and clean your system? thanks... PEACE..

S

sourpuss

Looks like ph is off. Did you ph the water? Its a hydro system. Tiny bit of bloom base nutes keeps em healthy too.

Golden Tree

One more tid bit of advice if you want GREAT success with no ph adjusting.. gels and nutes....(again...NOT needed)...I'll take a shot for that I'm sure...lol..no worries guys...do what works...

But I find if you clean and set her up...35-40% good tap water...and 60-65% RO...and let her run for 72hrs before cloning....EVERYTHING..WILL bring its self into range...and then your little ones will be placed into an already dialed in environment...

ALWAYS works for me...good luck buddies!

Respects

GT

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
First off make sure everything is clean very clean.no mold slim or build up of any sort.than make sure your razor is clean use h202.cut the cutting as recommended.than use a ph water of 5.5 with no nute.u can use rapid start if u like , but its a waste.with y to 7 days you will have roots make sure the water temp isnt to hot.also u do bot have to stray your cutts there is no need for a dome or spraying water on them good luck hope this helps.:tiphat: