What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

milky trichs and white pistols

So by calendar I am about 1.5 - 2 weeks until they should be finished. I have milky trichs but about 60% of the pistols are still white. Is there something I did that would have made the pistols not change or will they be changing during the flushing process?. It is multi strains.. Green crack, WiFi s1, fire og bx, harlequin x headband,cookies n cream, white urkle,c99xnycd, cotton candy. I have grown these strains out before and didn't have this issue. Any suggestions or answere as to why this would be happening is greatly appreciated.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Mack 10 knows what he's talking about. They are changing before your eyes, they are also probably stacking new flowers which of course are white. Sometimes it feels like it all happens in 3-4 days, but in reality its happening ongoing the entire grow.

al70

Veteran
Maybe ye flushed a little early, I've had plants with amber trichs n still putting out new pistels, if they were mine I'd let the medium go bone dry before chop, goodluck.

You're sure it's not bleaching from the lights right? 2 weeks is def enough time for them to finish changing though, but usually I've seen the pistils finish changing 100% weeks before they're done.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
The first step I use when determining the maturity of a flowering plant is the lack of white pistils. If all or most of the pistils have died off it is time to get a closer look at the trichomes.

If a breeder says that a plant finishes in 8 weeks, it seems that it is really 9 weeks from the time you flip the photo period to 12 hours. After that you can start to see the dying of the pistils and the cloudiness of the trichomes.

An exception is a sativa or heavily leaning sativa hybrid. When I was growing a Colombian x Jamaican sativa it kept making pistils, white hairs until the day I cut it down, and that was after a year. Some plants continue to make pistils and never stop, ever. There are plants in Thailand that never use to get cut down. They just harvested the mature buds and let the plant continue flowering.

picture.php

Once you have grown a certain strain a few times and experimented with the length of the flowering period you will begin to dial in all the aspects of that strain. If you continue to grow a lot of different plants, especially seed plants, you will never dial it in. In that case you have to just research the strain, talk to others on forums that have grown it, and harvest when you feel the trichomes are a percentage cloudy that you feel is appropriate. Your idea of ripeness could very much differ from mine and other. And this has nothing to do with flushing at all. Well, unless flushing it helped kill off the pistils from lack of nourishment. In that case the flushing helping is an indirect cause.

99%

yup add 2 weeks to breeder times. unless u get the PERFECT PHENO.

I seems the seed makers are quoting early harvest of the fastest clone from that seed line.....most times I grow packet seeds they take 2, 3 or 4 weeks longer than quoted but every now and then a really fast finishing seedling from the seed packet comes along.

and on the other hand if a seedling is not given ideal conditions from start to finish or it is not vegged until it is big/old enough then it in many cases it will take longer to mature.

i just harvested some wifi and mine had half or more cloudy trics way before any hairs turned orange.my headband does this too but not nearly as much as wifi.imo i think its an og thing

AKUlu

Completely normal, it sounds like they are doing just fine, some strains hairs brown faster than others, just wait until the end. You can not judge your finish time by the hairs. Only the trichs will tell you.

Latest posts

Latest posts