What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reeferman Harmony & MedMan RKS 2

EvergreenState

I've got some of Reef's Harmony and some MM RKS 2 testers going. They just finished their first week of veg. after living nearly three weeks in four inch pots as seedlings.
After reading some of Tony green's work I decided to use his soil recipe and I followed it to the letter. Now they are living in one gallon pots and are receiving water only. They are living under a 1000 watt mh light in a 20s.f. area and the room temp. varies between 72-80 degrees.
I'll try to post a weekly update with photos. All questions and comments are welcome.

EvergreenState

Reeferman Harmony& Med Man rks2 Veg Week 2

Reeferman Harmony& Med Man rks2 Veg Week 2

The Harmony plants are in the middle of the group and the med man rks2 are around the perimeter. All plants are healthy and no problems so far. Growth is good for all plants in their second week of veg. One Harmony plant got a little bit of a pinch when transplanting from the four inch pot so growth is a couple weeks behind the others but it is healthy and growing normally now. One rks2 is about a week or so in growth behind the others but looking healthy.
They are all getting Dyna grow Pro tect 2.5ml, KLN 2.5ml, Grow 2.5 ml/gallon(In place of Foliage Pro until it arrives. Ordered from DG a week ago), ph'd to 6.5 at each watering. They are drinking heartily and I water every other day. I'm sure a few of the plants have already out grown their one gallon pots and I will be checking on that tomorrow. If they have out grown their pots they will be transplanted into larger pots.

EvergreenState

Thanks brown trout. I get impatient at times because I want to get to harvest as soon as possible but I do enjoy the appearance of the plants in the early veg. stages.

EvergreenState

Thanks Woolybear. I'll separate the Harmony from the rks2 in future photos so everyone can see how the different strains look at different stages.

EvergreenState

Moved all the Harmony but one into three gallon pots. They grew out of their one gallon pots in two weeks. I think it will be smarter to put my seedlings into one gallon pots instead of 4 inch pots.
I'd love to finish everything in 10 to 15 gallon pots but I usually like to grow several varieties at the same time and I don't have the space to do that in large pots.

EvergreenState

After transplanting I followed the instructions on the dyna gro KLN bottle label for transplanting. I made a solution of 5 ml kln, 5 ml grow and 5 ml of pro tect in a gallon of water and ph to 6.5 and watered all of the newly transplanted plants.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hey EvergreenState, nice to see a Harmony Grow Report. I'm really interested in Reeferman's Stuff, i've growed his Lambada ( Utopia Haze ) he had breed for Barney's Farm, and this is such an awsome Plant with a crystal clear High that let's laugh your ass off and you get so deep Emotional you must cry, cause you feel so much Peace and Love in your Heart. ( right pheno required ) ;) I have a Eye to your Report! Nice greetz from Austria!
:)

EvergreenState

Hello Pineapple Punch. Thanks for following along. I have gone on the Barney's Farm site in the past, read the Utopia Haze description and I was intrigued. I had no idea that Reef bred that for them.
Your testimony concerning the type of high you get from the Utopia Haze sounds like it would be something that I would love to try. Thanks for that recommendation.
From what I've read about the Harmony it appears that, if you find the right pheno, it is a fantastic top shelf smoke. I can only hope that it equals the quality you found in the Utopia Haze.
I love it that you are writing from Austria. Austria has been for many years my dream vacation destination. If I'm ever fortunate enough to have that dream vacation I'll look you up and we can have some great beer and smoke some Utopia Haze.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Reeferman had written a comment about the Strains he has bred for Barney's Farm. He is posting as Charless Scott here on ICMAG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6019136 . If you wanna try Utopia Haze you can find many nice phenotypes. I have a small Pheno which is ready after 7-8 weeks, he smells not much in flower but, after a short curing he smells sweet Hashy Lemon like, and has a nice sweet Taste which is like the smell. He has Rock Hard Nugs which are more dense as any Kush i've ever tried, the High is as Clear as a High can be, longlasting and my tolerance buildup on this is pretty low after a few weeks. :D
Then you have the 9-10 week phenos which can grow middle to tall with dense lemony nugs, not as hard as the fastest pheno but pretty dense, and then you have the extreme High yielding phenos 12 to 13 weeks or longer ( a long Sativa lancer and a Foxtailer ) which never stop growing till the End. Put her in Flower with 5 cm and after she reached 2m i bend her down.( Tried different light Cycles, Temperatures, light distances, Nutrient strenght, pot sizes, but no stop of growing ) Yield without topping was over 100g per Plant in an 11L Pot with a REAL MoOoOoOoOonster Headbud wich was over 60 cm long :D Hope your Harmonie turns out nice, i've read or heard in a Video that Reeferman is using for one of the Parents the Lemon Larry OG inbreed line by Alpine Seeds for this Strain. :yummy: Austria, especially Vienna is pretty good for growing (but it's still not legal here, it's more like a grey area), cause we have a lot of Clone Shops here. But no one of these Shops has US Clone only Cuts :( Are you a legal Grower? Sorry for my long Text and bad English, never write really much in English, and im pretty High. :biggrin:

EvergreenState

Pineapple Punch there is no need for you to apologize for your English. I appreciate that you make the effort to write in English. You do a great job. Trust me when I tell you that I couldn't read or respond in your language at all. So I really do appreciate your effort. Thanks
I would definitely like to try the Utopia Haze. The description of the high sounds wonderful.:peacock: I was curious though if the high that you described was the same for all of the phenos? The 12 to 13 week pheno is too long for me. I don't think I have that much patience. If I had other things going in the room that would be growing in the same time frame as the longer growing pheno then I would finish it but if I had to delay another grow because one plant wouldn't finish then I'd have to either kill it or find a friend to finish it for me. 100 grams from an 11 liter pot is an impressive yield though.
I was attracted to the Harmony because of the type of high and the killer parents. Also if a hall of fame breeder says there are some Harmony phenos that are the best work he's ever done, that's something I want to try.:dance013: I have seven Harmony ' going so I'm hoping for at least three girls. I seriously doubt I'll find that grail plant out of three or four girls but I'm sure I'll have some great smoke none the less.
Some of the more well known shops in California have some clone only strains but a lot of the shops in several states sell a lot of clones. I've been able to pick some killer clones from some pretty small shops. So if you have access to some good clones in Vienna you have a good situation.
Thanks again for the tip on the Utopia. It sounds like it lives up to it's name. I'll definitely be ordering some Utopia seeds in the near future.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
I'm using my School English and the English i learned of watching Breaking Bad in English. :D The High of the longer flowering phenos is a bit more intense as the faster flowering phenos, the laughing is coming deeper from the stomach area, but for me all phenos has a nice High . The fast pheno i have is leaning more to the Highland Nepalese i think, the middle ones are expressing both sides and the big ones more to the Brazilian strain ( maybe Brazilian Lemon!? ), someone described the smell as a 7up soda smell, and it's really 7up like. :) Im really sensitive to Cannabis, indicas or indica dominant strains make me lazy and sleepy and the day is over for me , the indica/sativa hybids giving me often a bad feeling, most the times i get hart racing, a bad feeling in the backhead( Jacks Cleaner 2 for example gives me a really really bad Paranoia Heart Racing High if i smoke a bit to much of it....but not with that Utopia Haze. I can send you a Pic when she is done, or maybe i make a Flower shot. So, now i wanna talk about the Harmony. How many seeds do you had? How was the Germination rate? Are these old Seeds or newer ones? Your Plants looking really Healthy, there are no burned leaves or something, i really like it. :)

EvergreenState

I like that you are using Breaking Bad as one of your English resources. That's tight-tight-tight. Also yes I would like to see photos of your Utopia Haze. Post them here. Variety is the spice of life.
As far as hybrids go there are quite a few out there that I think you'd enjoy. Give DJ Short ' Blueberry a try; I think you'd really enjoy it. The Jack's Cleaner has a rep. for being pretty racey and paranoia inducing.
I bought the Harmony a couple of months ago so hopefully they are relatively fresh seeds. I used the paper towel method. I started with ten seeds and managed to lose one of them; a Cardinal sin. One other seed didn't germinate and one failed to thrive so I killed it. So I' m giving them the benefit of the doubt by thinking the lost seed would have germinated and the one that failed to thrive could have been mishandled by me so I'll give the germ rate at 80 to 90%.
I put them in 4 inch pots in a homemade soil mix. The mix is two parts peat moss, one part vermiculite, one part perlite, one part earth worm castings and one tablespoon of lime per gallon of soil. I put them in a humidity dome opening the vents a little bit each day until the plants had one set of true leaves and then I removed the dome. I used two 40 watt high color temp. Cfl 's a few inches over the plants. After about three weeks they were transferred to one gallon pots and put under a 1000 watt lamp that was three feet above the tops of the plants. It was gradually lowered to 24 inches above the plants over about a ten day period. They became root bound in a very short two week period and we're transferred to 3 gallon pots.
I used ICMAG member Tony Green's soil recipe which he got from another member. I fed them using Dyna gro's feeding schedule for soil. When they were transplanted I followed Dyna Gro's recommendation on their kln nutrient label for feeding after transplant and then went back to the schedule.
I researched the Harmony and the seller BC Bud Depot before I purchased. Needless to say neither some of the breeder ' history and the sellers history inspired confidence. Then I heard an interview with Charles on High Times free weed show and I was impressed with his candor. So I decided to gamble and so far so good.
The plants are about 14 inches tall in their third week of veg. and they are very healthy.

EvergreenState

I like that you are using Breaking Bad as one of your English resources. That's tight-tight-tight. Also yes I would like to see photos of your Utopia Haze. Post them here. Variety is the spice of life.
As far as hybrids go there are quite a few out there that I think you'd enjoy. Give DJ Short ' Blueberry a try; I think you'd really enjoy it. The Jack's Cleaner has a rep. for being pretty racey and paranoia inducing.
I bought the Harmony a couple of months ago so hopefully they are relatively fresh seeds. I used the paper towel method. I started with ten seeds and managed to lose one of them; a Cardinal sin. One other seed didn't germinate and one failed to thrive so I killed it. So I' m giving them the benefit of the doubt by thinking the lost seed would have germinated and the one that failed to thrive could have been mishandled by me so I'll give the germ rate at 80 to 90%.
I put them in 4 inch pots in a homemade soil mix. The mix is two parts peat moss, one part vermiculite, one part perlite, one part earth worm castings and one tablespoon of lime per gallon of soil. I put them in a humidity dome opening the vents a little bit each day until the plants had one set of true leaves and then I removed the dome. I used two 40 watt high color temp. Cfl 's a few inches over the plants. After about three weeks they were transferred to one gallon pots and put under a 1000 watt lamp that was three feet above the tops of the plants. It was gradually lowered to 24 inches above the plants over about a ten day period. They became root bound in a very short two week period and we're transferred to 3 gallon pots.
I used ICMAG member Tony Green's soil recipe which he got from another member. I fed them using Dyna gro's feeding schedule for soil. When they were transplanted I followed Dyna Gro's recommendation on their kln nutrient label for feeding after transplant and then went back to the schedule.
I researched the Harmony and the seller BC Bud Depot before I purchased. Needless to say neither some of the breeder ' history and the sellers history inspired confidence. Then I heard an interview with Charles on High Times free weed show and I was impressed with his candor. So I decided to gamble and so far so good.
The plants are about 14 inches tall in their third week of veg. and they are very healthy.

EvergreenState

Sorry for the double post. Is there anyway to erase the second post?
Any way I've not been giving the Med Man rks2's any love. I need to put them in larger pots but space is at a premium. I could probably finish them in one gallon pots but that really isn't fair to them. I can see the value of fem. seeds when space is tight. I don't really want to cram in a bunch of pots and maybe cause problems for some of them only to get rid of a bunch of them because they are males. You kind of have to though because you can pretty much predict half of them will be males. If most of them are females then you still have the predicament of having too many plants for the space. If I put things in perspective having a bunch of females is a pretty good problem to have. Here are some photos of the rks 2's.

Latest posts

Latest posts