What's new

Dry time when hanging whole.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How long does it usually take when drying whole. I know there are lots of variables. I usually wet trim and this time I'm dry trimming to keep the terpenes and get rid of the grass smell.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
A week to 10 days. That's controlling the environment though. dehuey set to 45%, fans going constantly. That's just my 2 cents. A lot depends on personal preference.

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What had me worried was the outsides feel dry and sugar leaves crunch but stems just kink. They've been in there for 4 days.

It also depends on the plant size... I always whole hang my plants. If they are all 2 1/2- 3 footers it takes mine about 10-14 days in a dark room with temp set to 68f. The slower you dry the smoother it smokes. I keep a small fan at the floor pulling air out as it dries. If it bigger plants like 5-6 1/2 footers, then I have had them take a good 3 weeks or more... One G13 I had took over a month but it was the weirdest cut I have ever had. It took close to 100 days to finish and was rock hard but took forever to get dry enough to not be a rancid pine mess.

Anyway... I ramble... Good dabs.

Peace!