What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Still alive and kickin'

THC123

Veteran
:tiphat:

High guys and gals,

I'm back for a late outdoor topic this year.

I decided to grow only one plant this year, so I planted one early amnesia that i kept as a mom from chakras outdoor grow last year.

Reason was that she is earlier then amnesia and smells a lot like amnesia with bigger buds and a good yield.

This year i did not use any pesticdes, only natural predators. And i must day they work better then spraying, but it is expensive.

For lice i used chrysopa and htey also eat mites. Still I used andersoni mites to combatthe spider mites with great succes.

But I am particulary impressed with the chrysopa.

I put them out in the beginning and I was pest free untill july. For the caterpillars, I closed every open spot of the greenhouse with mosquito netting. Still a few moths managed to lay some eggs so I sprayed with xentari which are bacteria that kill caterpillars, are non toxic and have no effect on natural predators.

Sadly because mildew and the black leaf spot returned , I used fungicdes 2 times well before flowering. This was not good for the predators and the pests got the upperhand. Especially the lice.

I had an eggplant which was covered in lice. So I orders new chryopas and as a preventative measure andersoni mites. 3 weeks later, the eggplant was perfectly clean. Even when they have had enough to eat they keep killing and the nice thing is you can see them in action. They wiggle their tail and then stab the lice muahahaha.

The mildw returned but chak ra advised me to buy a UVC light and now I am using the light and water with milk for the spots that are already there. I still have a month to go but the light seems to be doing its job.

So hopefully next year I can use the uvc light for mold and the predators for pests so no chemicals anymore. I will also install a UVC air purifier that I got as a present.

I have to make pics, which I will try to do tomorrow.

So after the rambling back on the topic of plants.

I only wanted one early amnesia so I trained it to the max so it occupies half the greenhouse, aming for at least 2 pounds.

But I could not help myself and also planted 2 frisians that Dutch passion was so kind to donate and I have a green and purple pheno. They are the 2 extemes in the FD pheno range looks and smell-wise, so That is really nice. They are in pots and not so large.

I also harvested 2 auto durbans, but they where so-so.

Well cya tomorrow :tiphat:

THC123

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Frisian dew green pheno, smells sweet and spicy

picture.php

picture.php

Frisian dew purple pheno, smells really , well purple :) earthy sweet very pungent

THC123

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Early Amnesia

This one smells almost identical to amnesia but with bigger buds. Also the fanleaves look almost the same.

I expect a lot from this one!

She is about 6 feet high and 8-9 square feet

THC123

Veteran
Thx,

The plants are still flowering, harvest is scheduled for the beginning of octobre, about one more month, the early amnesia might go a bit longer we shall see

lumberjack.mr

real beauties , reminds me of some of the plants I grew in Hawaii when I was young .. Sure wish I could go back to those days now, I'd never have left!
Thanks for the view..

THC123

Veteran
My pleasure!

I read about your situation, i' m sorry man I hope somehow something can be done! I wish you all the best!!

Here an update

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Purple Frisian Dew pheno from Dutch Passion.

THC123

Veteran
Part 3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Early amnesia

Huge yielder, fat indica buds with amnesia smell :dance013:

Starts flowering very early but needs at least 10 -11 weeks will be ready first week - half octobre, I have a bit of mildew but the uvc lamp seems to be doing its job, no budrot yet.

I am glad I did not put the frisians in soil as my greenhouse is too small to hold a frisian grown in soil, they get friggin huge!! I love that this year I will have a purple pheno, a green pheno and then an early outdoor hazy strain. I just love growing!

THC123

Veteran
Thx,

Btw people that know the amnesia cut should be able to see on the first pick of the early amnesia(in the latest update if you enlarge it) that it has almost the same leaves-finger formation during flowering as the amnesia core cut, in veg it is more indica

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking very nice. My outdoor plants are all about two weeks behind compared to last year. I don't get it and I don't think they will get the chance to finish before the first frost here.

THC123

Veteran
Hey smokey, are they in the same spot as last year? Have you checked for(even minor) light pollution?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey smokey, are they in the same spot as last year? Have you checked for(even minor) light pollution?

Same spot as last year. It's in the middle of state land so I don't think there could be light pollution. I did put them out late this year because I was so busy. They didn't get put out until mid July. Maybe they didn't mature soon enough? I put them out late and they're still 6ft tall.

chak-ra

Veteran
Very good bro, as always ;)

That purple phenotype of the Frisian is really filling up! Will be a real tasty experience!!

Almost organic all the way! Nearly there ;)

Good quality pictures too!

:tiphat: