What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Great Reggie buds versus Ok dank buds.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never heard the word "dank" to refer to something wet. A "damp" basement but never heard of a "dank" basement... In Atlanta around the mid 90s I began to hear the word used in reference to very good bud but only a few people I knew used it and not very often.

Peace from Colombia

growbig789

Ok for anyone who really wants to spend some time digging into the definition of "dank" when it comes to its relationship with weed... and you like to read...

Heart of Dankness ... the author goes from California growers to the Cannabis Cup asking all those in the know what "dank" means to them.. pretty interesting book, someone on another thread on had mentioned it and I checked it out..

http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Dankness-Underground-Botanists-Cannabis/dp/0307720543/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348114864&sr=8-1&keywords=heart+of+dankness

izzybud

the meaning of a word makes u, obviously racially, comment like that? seems as the edumacation system up there hasnt prepared y'all for the real world. is that how you speak to people in person or does the glare of the computer screen turn you into a tough guy?

this thread went from comparing reggie to homegrown to arguing the meaning of a word for competely diff areas lol.

rolandomota

Yes in my experience brick weed can be the same or stronger than homegrown or unpressed weed. And pretty looking weed that smells and tastes good can be total crap. I had some BlackBerry kush once that got you high for like a half hour too it sucked. I got a dark seedless brick form the same guy the month before and it was way better than the expensive shit. I only bought the expensive crap cuz I couldn't find some brick the same guy stopped selling brick. He also sold me some other crappy "dro"
I hardly ever buy "good" weed its never worth it. Another time I scored a really strong pound of Mexican brick and when I went back to get another this asshole switched to "kind buds only" fuck these fools yea I'm going to buy a kiefed ounce for 200 instead of a pound o brick for 300 fuck you. He said it was because it was less trouble if caught by the law with low amounts......true but a ounce and a half won't last me the whole month like a half pound will the other half is for the other three smokers in the house.

kakaman

The major factors in brick weed being stronger than some dank indoor is 1) Sativa Cannabinoid and terpene ratios 2) UVB in sunlight close to the equator you get none of in conventional grow lights.