What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze

Trigger said:
Some Purple Haze I grew... (Purple#1 x Nevilles Haze)

I dont believe there is a REAL Purple Haze still out there...just my 2 cents.

She's out there, she's just a rare pheno. One of those sacred ones LOL, like golden pheno Skunk #1. Haze is very rare commercially in and of itself, which makes the purple pheno all the more uncommon.

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
I mean not to be rude.. but as far as I understood through the geneogly that there never really was an actual purple haze.. people just started saying that.. cause the only true purple haze that I've ever known was acid.. and that was the batch from the first time jimi hendrix ever played at a big throwdown..

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
If you guys will go back through this thread to Pikes post you will see pics of a "REAL" Purple Haze...
It is just a rare pheno of Original Haze from Tom Hill...You can get the same or nearly the same Original Haze from the Flying Dutchmen..The genetics came to Holland due to Sam Skunkman brining them along with Skunk#1(also at TFD),Durban Poison and others...
It is possible to find a purple Pheno in the Original Haze genetics...Just be prepared to grow a bunch of em...And good luck as they are all long flowering Non-commecial type herbs...
Take care......................................CC
Theres a pic of the Purple Haze that Tom Hill found somewhere in this threead...Pike posted it...

Post # 39...Page 3

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah I'm upset pike left. It amazes me people still don't know the story of purple haze.

@sativa fan
you can call them sheisty dealers if you want but that is the fact of the matter. you can say weeds worth however much you feel like but the bottom line is the economics of where you are and what weed is available is what makes weed cost what it does. strains go for $400 an 0 in NO and they do in Cali too believe it or not. ask med clubbers.

just for the record sativas bud structure is like this.

not like this

Last edited:
G

Capt crip,seems your using that invisible ink again mate,either that or some folks just aint able to read.Your foto(1st one) of the haze,top foto mate,you wont get much hazier than that.

hazelover

purple haze is not dead.

purple haze is not dead.

"OG had this amazing thread on the subject. at least one dude had a beautiful purple haze plant. and it was honestly one of those deals where you can tell just by looking at it. long pointed sativa leaves in a rich purple color."

you mean like this one? a pure IBL purple haze grown for 30 years in asia the real deal. i posted a few more pics on the ACE seeds haze threads to! check them out.
this stuff is seriously strong smoke.

G

now that looks purple! I thought the blue haze from noon in 'dam was great. blueberry weren't particularly special tho.

hazelover said:
"OG had this amazing thread on the subject. at least one dude had a beautiful purple haze plant. and it was honestly one of those deals where you can tell just by looking at it. long pointed sativa leaves in a rich purple color."

you mean like this one? a pure IBL purple haze grown for 30 years in asia the real deal. i posted a few more pics on the ACE seeds haze threads to! check them out.

Wouldn't it be a landrace then? If it's IBL it can't be native to asia, therefore it must be around some other areas also. And how are you positive it's a haze? Couldn't it just be a landrace sativa that has purple in it's genes.

As far as i know, like Capt. Crip said, purple haze is real. It's just a rare phenotype from the Original Haze from TH and TFD.

WeedTime

if still many ppl talking about PH it has to be really good smoke, now if we know that was the purp pheno of OHaze what the problem is ? we can try to find that pheno, it would be selling like fresh rolls.

so the new mission is to relive purple haze and make the new Purple Haze clone. but who can do this ? who will find the best pheno, stabilize and make seeds... a lot of work, but the person who could do this will be blessed

peace

James Morrison

~*MR.MOJORISIN*~
anywhere you find people who are not down with the cannabis culture will call anything resembling purple "dro" "purple haze". When in reality, its so far from "haze" its actually clear. lol

Every pheno of White Widow I have grown turns purple with cold temps indoors. Rhino did too (widow strain) all phenos..some more than others.

Keep temps around 55 or so during lights off and if your strain can, it will turn purple. I promise. The purple promise.

My most purple ever was a Jack pheno that was straight bean pole haze dom and totally purple, dark reds as well, only on the calyxes too, not so much on leaves. Lookd like the one above. I wish I would have snagged a cut too but didnt want to take the top off, she had no branching, (and I can grab a cut with a an inch to work with.)

ahh....memories

good times

:joint:

Last edited:

hazelover

WeedTime said:
if still many ppl talking about PH it has to be really good smoke, now if we know that was the purp pheno of OHaze what the problem is ? we can try to find that pheno, it would be selling like fresh rolls.

so the new mission is to relive purple haze and make the new Purple Haze clone. but who can do this ? who will find the best pheno, stabilize and make seeds... a lot of work, but the person who could do this will be blessed

peace

they already are!! check out this link by HHF http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=45130
so everyone knows were to go now.

"anywhere you find people who are not down with the cannabis culture will call anything resembling purple "dro" "purple haze". When in reality, its so far from "haze" its actually clear. lol"
i agree with you james! alot of why people dont know what the real haze is?
is because seed banks constainly sell there seeds as haze. when its a lie.
real haze will not need cold weather or climate if its the real deal.
and anyone can see what real haze is if theve actually tried it before. the trouble is not many have.
if youve ever smoked and tasted it you never forget too. :yummy:
when i was getting real haze in the 90s form holland for years. and after it stopped smoking was never the same again nothing comes close.
me and my mates were doing crosses and all sorts grown well but they dont come a patch on pure haze. green ,purple whatever!
but im glad that for those that want to try real haze they will be able before to long. it will be outthere if you know were to look and know what the real thing is. redbeard. :sasmokin:

G

A little Purple Haze calyx shot..and the plant she came from. Good representation of the colour of this one even if not a great picture.

paz, flores

L

longshot

Thanks for posting those pics Hothouse Flowers, they've brightened my evening right up!
She's gorgeous...the purple colouration is so solid. True purple haze is a beauty indeed!
I had to go and fetch my 303 male so he could see her....he said it made his bags tight...

He made me promise to find him a purple lady for his harem before he would get back in his box!
It'll take me forever to find one as lovely as yours though.

Take care,
longshot

G

He made me promise to find him a purple lady for his harem before he would get back in his box!
It'll take me forever to find one as lovely as yours though.

I don't know about that, I think we might be seeing more of her soon :)

Glad you enjoyed my friend.

Peace, hhf

killa-bud

Veteran
well,the "purple haze" i get from east ny,is'nt even purple,but its fuckin strong as hell tho,mind raceing,heart ponding,parnoia induceing,crazyness

it taste like an attic,or something...don't know if its a haze,but its some crazy ass sativa deffently

TheSg

HEY!
I grew this strain out n' I don't believe it's an actual representation of the purple haze genetics however it must have some very sativa parents as the high was sooo unreal almost unlike weed I've ever smoked before...(very nice n' clear, extremely positive uplifting high)
I grew it in my backyard had to keep it outside until about end of november and only had one phenotype that was worth growing but the smell was soo original like a fresh bouqet of flowers!! (very nice taste in joint form.
the yields were really low(sadly) and I believe these to be a south east asian landrace variety...
check out my pictures too see some pics.

TheSg

I'm going to try n' get more of this seed!! see ya guys in the future!!
haha now I'm excited again!
grow on!