What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Clash

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
the%2Bclash%2Bcartoon.jpg

theclearspot

Ive got a documentary dvd 'Westway to the World'. Theres a classic scene where drummer Topper Headon, looking worse for wear, is being interviewed about his exit from The Clash.

Topper: So Joe threatened to throw me out the band if I didnt stop taking err certain 'substances'...
Interviewer: So what happened then?
Topper: Well I just carried on taking them like....

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
On September 13th is coming out a new Clash compilation. It´s mostly the same songs that the Clash played live in July 1982. Nice idea but I don´t need it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clash_Hits_Back

If I had a wish, than I want the "Rat patrol from Fort Braggs" in a good quality. It´s the original session of the later "Combat Rock" mixed by Mick Jones. :ying:

O

OKD

Wow, thanks, Herman, for pointing me here! I hadn't ventured into this neck of IC's woods! I see there's lots of music to catch up on.
I'm the youngest of six and I grew up listening to all the hippy crap. I used to hate the Beatles I had to hear them so much! So the Clash is my Beatles. They spoke for me and inspired me and informed me. They made me broaden my musical horizons. I grew up in Wyoming and I knew I'd never get to hear them live but that was okay, at least I knew they were out there!
I like Billy Bragg alot too. I think he has done an admirable job of carrying that political punk torch. I DID get to meet Mr. Bragg, but secretly I was pretending he was Joe Strummer, lol!
My all-time faves include Straight to Hell, Clampdown and Garageland.
Thanks again Herman!

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Hello OKD, thank you for your posting! Yes of cause, I´m a Clashfan too for my whole life but the Beatles also ;-). In winter 1979/80 I was in London and bought the "Give ém enough rope" LP, only why I liked the cover. That was the beginning, I was young by the right time. But I never saw them live. In 1999 I saw Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros live, I was so lucky that I had tears in my eyes. It´s not easy, my alltime faves? Yes, straight to hell, charlie don´t surf (live version), bankrobber/dub, garageland is wonderfull but I can´t say. Thinking about it my whole lifetime.:biggrin:

O

OKD

Something to think about for a lifetime!
I think 'Give 'Em Enough Rope' was my first Clash album. I need to listen to that live version of 'Charlie..'.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Hello OKD,:tiphat:
the liveversion from "Charlie don´t surf" you can find on Youtube.
But maybe you can buy the whole DVD, "The Clash-Live at Sun Plaza, Tokyo 1982". I bought it very cheap.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Hello OKD, :tiphat:
thats nice that you watched the "concert" and liked it! Funny that your little stepdaughters favorite was "should I stay, or should I go". :)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello OKD, :tiphat:
thats nice that you watched the "concert" and liked it! Funny that your little stepdaughters favorite was "should I stay, or should I go". :)
hiya herman,,just for you! from my collection,,hope you enjoy and thanks for the clash update,,,peace and "clash" regards ,944s2

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Hello 944s2,:tiphat:
wow, you own a little treasure, very nice, I´m a little bit jealous!:) Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello 944s2,:tiphat:
wow, you own a little treasure, very nice, I´m a little bit jealous!:) Thank you for sharing.
thanks herman,,i have the sex pistols signed also from the 70s alas no "sid vicious" signature,,to get a pistols signed pic with sids sig is like the "holy grail" ,,:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I´ve got no autographs from The Clash or the Pistols or Sid, sorry for off topic, but I´ve got a little holy grail too. ;)

:bow:

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts