What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FLORIDA CRIPPY??

Space Case

Veteran
Florida has a lot of good stuff called crippy. Although in recent years I saw tons of strains coming around. Definatly some Mango, Orange Krush, Orange Dream, and some Thai Juicy Fruit that was just amazing! We used to have a nice hash plant that went around, pretty sure it was The White. I remember the Black, but fuckers in Florida wouldn't grow that shit right and wouldn't flush it right! Rare to find nice batches! I'll never forget this super dank sticky weed I got, it looked like super dark blue/green seaweed, stringy and shit...One of the highest I'd ever been...

DankSide

There has been so much intermingling by now, I'm sure what they call Crip and what you call Crip are one in the same. The FL growers thread in the growers section will show what some of the floridians are working with.

If you're talking specific and unique to florida, I'm sure there are several, among them being Gainesville Green which I believe goes under the name Micanopian(??) Moonbeam. Apparently thats what makes up part the genetics for BOG's Blue Moon Rocks.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
havnt bought weed in 6years. Havnt heard cryp in a very long time everything I hear now by kids is Kush. I hear Dank a lot too.

Gainsville was "supposedly" the origin of "crippie" but who knows it;s all folklore like "420" ya know. It's whatever the guy that sold it to you says it is cause they ALL have the hookup to "the man" in Cali that grows the most popular strain.

Ive heard "bluberry cheeze" "afghan kush" "black domina" I know some are real strain names but doubt that they are the flowers of these crosses.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
I want to find out some local celebs and start naming crosses after them. Crosses from out of FL get names from FL. Like news casters, or radio hosts, or the Mayor.

FlaDankster

Veteran
There has been so much intermingling by now, I'm sure what they call Crip and what you call Crip are one in the same. The FL growers thread in the growers section will show what some of the floridians are working with.

If you're talking specific and unique to florida, I'm sure there are several, among them being Gainesville Green which I believe goes under the name Micanopian(??) Moonbeam. Apparently thats what makes up part the genetics for BOG's Blue Moon Rocks.

Micanopy Madness i believe..........which is in the Moonbeam.Not %100 sure.Gville Green is Gville Green.Lotta good weed in that town.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Huh... I always thought it was "Crypt" meaning it's dank and funky, grown in a basement shit ....like an underground crypt.....

Interesting stuff

Smiley

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just think the farther east you go from Cali the farther behind the place is in social trends, even in weed.

With the exception of the the great plains states. They are just permanently stuck in a 1951 church loving commy hating state of fat assness.

Ahh the kryppy. I have some first hand insight i think may be useful to the thread. It's an old haze based Miami strain circa 1992 became one of the first widely available indoor produced strains in the Dade/Broward county area, Came from the Cuban growhouses no doubt. People used to be angry if they got a bag of skunk instead of kryp. You won't see it around anymore as they've moved onto other more economical strains, but now you see any high grade in FL getting called Kryp. There was an old High Times article from the mid 90s about it, wish i could find it. I haven't smoked any true kryppy in YEARS, since 04 maybe but it dominated the scene for a long time and for good reason. Aside from being delicious it would get you SOARING, really one of the best highs there is surely a truly special haze.

305 for life

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I used to be a big time Crippy producer :) if thats what you wanna call it hehe I like the high quality genetics and I used to produce some of Florida's finest commercial grade cannabis flushed and smooth for the sheeple lol.
Some of the strains that we where producing for years where, White Widow, Super Star, Bubbleberry(12+ years) and Icecream also white russian Mazar and blueberry...
I was the Blueberry guy and bubbleberry I had them figured out so always the Fuego
I also was producing other strains but those where the building blocks of the company.

I left to California because of all the crazy shit happening over there, I never been arrested and I don't plant to

this where some of the people that got popped... this guy made a rap video on Youtube and got popped for taxes.. he had bentleys and RR flashing... not too bright..

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/sep/30/10-arrested-part-4-county-grow-house-bust/

From famous people to basketball players go to smoke the Fire Flame Crippy Fugeo thats what we used to call it in Florida..

http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/70847-cuban-pot-rings-organized-crime-its-best.html

Yeah Im glad i left... hope this helps Creepy is usually grown by spanish men ;)

scaramanga

I'm going to date myself a little, but here it goes.

CRIPPY/KRIPPY, is short for KRYPTONITE, a strain that originated in the eighties (see below). CRIPPY/KRIPPY became synonymous with really good sativas, hazes in particular, and by the early nineties it was applied almost exclusively to Hazes and related crossings. To many if it wasn't a Haze, it wasn't Krippy. The name is now applied to any DANK/KIND/HEADIES as a purely generic term.

CREEPY is how it sounds when it's pronounced by someone who's first language is the Caribbean dialect of Spanish(i.e. Cuban, and Dominican as an example)...Cuban's grow it and distribute throughout Florida and halfway up the east coast and then the Dominican's take it from there on into New York, Boston, and the rest of New England. That's why that variant of the word is so prevalent in case anybody was interested.

KRYPTONITE was a primo strain that was primarily Sativa. It supposedly won numerous harvest festivals and predates any of the Dutch varieties I've read mentioned here.

Kryptonite was so called in part because of it's fluorescent green color not unlike Superman's weakness. It was also supposedly strong enough to take Superman out.

Someone mentioned Gainesville Green. KILLER strain from north central florida that reportedly originally consisted of two landrace varieties, Afghani and Thai. The rumor is that it was grown by some Botany guru at the University of Florida they called PROFESSOR X... It was good, whatever it was.

scaramanga

I remember seeing that in High Times. The name was around for many years before I ever heard of Trichome Tech, and saw that article.

zenoonez

Veteran
Someone mentioned Gainesville Green. KILLER strain from north central florida that reportedly originally consisted of two landrace varieties, Afghani and Thai. The rumor is that it was grown by some Botany guru at the University of Florida they called PROFESSOR X... It was good, whatever it was.

Killer smoke whatever it was. I wish I had the clone I smoked in the late 90s up there from Jacksonville down south along the coast. It was mmm mmm good.

I'm going to date myself a little, but here it goes.

CRIPPY/KRIPPY, is short for KRYPTONITE, a strain that originated in the eighties (see below). CRIPPY/KRIPPY became synonymous with really good sativas, hazes in particular, and by the early nineties it was applied almost exclusively to Hazes and related crossings. To many if it wasn't a Haze, it wasn't Krippy. The name is now applied to any DANK/KIND/HEADIES as a purely generic term.

CREEPY is how it sounds when it's pronounced by someone who's first language is the Caribbean dialect of Spanish(i.e. Cuban, and Dominican as an example)...Cuban's grow it and distribute throughout Florida and halfway up the east coast and then the Dominican's take it from there on into New York, Boston, and the rest of New England. That's why that variant of the word is so prevalent in case anybody was interested.

KRYPTONITE was a primo strain that was primarily Sativa. It supposedly won numerous harvest festivals and predates any of the Dutch varieties I've read mentioned here.

Kryptonite was so called in part because of it's fluorescent green color not unlike Superman's weakness. It was also supposedly strong enough to take Superman out.

I sure as hell remember that "flourescent green" color! And this was some shit you had to hit a little at a time, because it would literally take you, if not careful, LOL!

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Our White Widow Looked Flourescent Green thats the only way to describe her... She also tasted like pinecones minty and super strong.. joints would have to be turn off half ways.. mom always thought i put hash in the White Widow joints.. Strong Strong stufff
I have some mr.nice black widow hoping to be this good.. or the g13widow...
I could smoke that herb all day if it was possible.. you end up looking like a heroine addic hahah

:tiphat:So you was down in S. FL back in the early 90's, when the crip craze was on? Damn that shit could get pretty pricey. I had some friends that could get it. I do remember that strong piney odor though. Haven't seen any since then either.

REZDOG

Veteran
Here's The facts:
Back in the 1980's,in Florida,ANY pot that was bright green and kicked ass was callled "Kryppies",short for "kryptonite". Most of it was early indoor stuff,out of Miami. Nice dank,mostly Neville's Hash Plant,NL,and Skunk #1 from Sam,via Neville.
This described the neon-green of the kind bud-nothing more.
That it's now urban legend doesn't surprise me,but don't get it twisted-it started out as just another term for kind bud.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts